Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2014 KC Chiefs Hall of Honor Awards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: The 2014 KC Chiefs Hall of Honor Awards Reply with quote

So .. this may come as a surprise and be taken the wrong way, but ... nevertheless:

This year I will not launch a Hall of Fame Award thread unless some one convinces me there may be any value to do it.

Here's my reasoning:

2013 was BY FAR the most boring year I spent on this forum over the past 6 years (not sure when I joined, but that's about it).

Arrow The unwillingness to take on some burden to represent the Chiefs within the FFMD community was incredible.
Arrow FFMD was basically run as a two-man job.
Arrow Efforts to get other things going stalled soon after initial commitments were made.
Arrow Older guys earning some consideration went absent, although they still can be tracked as occasional (absolutely passive) visitors of the forum. However, after last year's experience, I don't want another posthumous award

Thus (unless someone convinces me to do it nevertheless) there will not be a 2014 inductee to the KC Chiefs Forum Hall of Honor.

PS.: samsel23 - you'd be the only one I could have thought of. Keep up your dedication and I'll run a vote just for you next year.

Last edited by KC_Guy on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy, not sure what the RIGHT way to take that is. But I'll agree, and take some of the fault on my own person. I honestly didn't do anything for FFMD, but mostly because I was running job search process. I have not been the poster I have been in the past.

I agree though that this year as a whole, the discussions have dipped a lot.

I think we can make an attempt to improve it, but it's hard to encourage others when we are busy ourselves. I've been trying to be more active and foster discussion, but even our team was less active this off-season so there was less to talk about.
Morkim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

I think we can make an attempt to improve it, but it's hard to encourage others when we are busy ourselves. I've been trying to be more active and foster discussion, but even our team was less active this off-season so there was less to talk about.

Mostly this.

I did try and step into FFMD a little. Expressed my opinion as much as I could.

But FFMD is what, since January? So you didn't see anything worth posting about from Mayish of 2013 - Dec 2013?
chiefs82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
KC_Guy, not sure what the RIGHT way to take that is. But I'll agree, and take some of the fault on my own person. I honestly didn't do anything for FFMD, but mostly because I was running job search process. I have not been the poster I have been in the past.

I agree though that this year as a whole, the discussions have dipped a lot.

Agreed. Ive been busier now with school and loss of a grandparent and what not. But I've been trying to keep as active as I can.

I agree that this year has sucked and in deserving of Hall of Honor/Fame, but maybe we can do just forum awards like I've seen from other team?

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:28/Sacks:10/FF:1/FR:0
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this time of year is always tough on me.

I really don't get into the FFMD type things at all. I like such theoretical things in much more smaller scaled and limited doses (like threads in NFL General where some one will ask to put together a team with such and such conditions or whatever).

I do like the mock drafts and FA/draft discussions. I'm just ready for the actual draft and OTA's and on toward the season!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: