Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock 6.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Mock 6.0 Reply with quote

Keep in mind that I try to predict what we will do, and keep it as realistic as possible.

With Danieal Manning visiting so soon, it seems like Joseph wants him. I'll assume he signs and beats out Taylor Mays for a spot on the 53.

NFL Draft

**NOTE** I will not be predicting UDFAs.

Round 1: CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama

BPA. Reliable tackler with a high football IQ. Good athlete with sideline-to-sideline speed, and is very solid in coverage, even showing the ability to cover TEs man-to-man. Great ball skills for a LB. Very versatile, good fit in both the 4-3 and 3-4. Can play all 3 LB spots in our defense. Would start at SAM, and eventually take over at MIKE when Maualuga moves on.

Round 2: Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina

Here's your MJ replacement. This isn't a pick giving up on Hunt at all. Along with Martin being one of the BPAs here, it's about replenishing our depth at DE, and making sure the rotation stays strong, which is something we can do without a bunch of needs. Martin has all the talent in the world, just needs to be more consistent with showing it. Very lengthy, and has the potential to develop into a pass rushing nightmare, putting up 11.5 sacks his senior season. With that being said, he's a better run-stopper than pass rusher. He should heavily benefit from the DL rotation here, and could make an impact as early as his rookie year.

Round 3: Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood

We finally grab a corner. Desir has one of the highest ceilings of any player in this Draft. Plus man coverage skills with solid speed to go along with them. At 6'1, he possesses great height. Has a low backpedal, and very fluid hips. Easily transitions out of his backpedal. Alright vs the run, but needs to work on it. Ball skills are off the charts, definitely his best attribute. Plays well enough in zone, but should work on it some more. Is available here because he is still raw and could use some polish, along with it being a very deep corner class. Legitimate shot at becoming a lockdown corner, and would be scary under Vance Joseph.

Round 4: Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia

Hmm... Not the 4th round Georgia prospect everbody is expecting. The team has been quietly scouting TEs, and coupling that with Orson's legal issues, I think we'll end up drafting one. What better to get (besides a FB) for our new run oriented offense than an old school in-line blocking TE? After missing out on Fiedorowicz a round earlier, we grab the 2nd best blocking TE in the Draft. Lynch also has good enough speed, and has the strength to run a guy or two over after the catch. Surprisingly reliable hands for an in-line blocker. Comes in as the 3rd TE, while giving us a very solid option at TE2 if Gresh moves on after the season.

Round 5: Justin Britt, OT, Missouri

MJ was replaced earlier, now here comes AC's. Britt has impressive size and long arms. Versatile enough to not only be our swing tackle, but giving us an option at LG as well if Boling isn't ready. Plays with good knee-bend, and slides well laterally. Shows effort, not quitting until the play is over. Solid in pass protection, even better run blocker. Held his own against top SEC pass rushers. Could end up developing into a starter at LT, but would definitely be a solid swing tackle and potential LG.

Round 6: JC Copeland, FB, LSU

Imagine looking into the opposing backfield and seeing that tank. Wrecking ball of a run blocker for Hue's new run-oriented offense. Copeland has also shown some ability to carry the ball in short yardage situation and as a receiver out of the backfield. Good luck taking him on.

Round 6 (Comp): John Brown, WR, Pittsburg St

A guy we have shown interest in, Brown has elite speed and is dangerous in space. As an undersized guy, he has small hands which will cause him to drop some, but he routinely makes impressive catches. He can be lined up in the slot, in the backfield, and is an effective KR and PR on teams. A 3-time team captain, he has been commended as a leader on and off the field as a guy with great character. Not only a Hawk replacement, but possibly an upgrade.

Round 7: John Urschel, OG, Penn St

Highly intelligent guy with a great football IQ coming from a conference that features power-run offensive lines. Played in a pro-style system at PSU. Not really great at anything, but solid at everything. Not overly strong or athletic, but has just enough of both for his football intelligence to make up for it. May eventually develop into a starting caliber player, but will definitely be a solid backup, replenishing our OL depth.

Round 7 (Comp): Kenny Guiton, QB, THE Ohio St

In limited action (that's why he's available this late) Guiton's shown pretty much everything. Athletic ability, arm strength, accuracy, touch, it's all there. Very high football IQ. Being a career backup and a Combine snub, he'll probably be available later than he should due to other QBs having more experience and tape to evaluate. I see Guiton being a priority free agent for a lot of teams, so we use our last pick to go ahead and scoop him up. He may actually develop into a viable option if we move on from Andy. Will at least continue being a very solid backup, as well as an extra coach.

53 Man Roster

QB: Andy Dalton, Jason Campbell, Kenny Guiton

RB: Gio Bernard, BJGE, Ced Peerman, Rex Burkhead

FB: JC Copeland

WR: AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mo Sanu, John Brown, Dane Sanzenbacher, Cobi Hamilton

TE: Jermaine Gresham, Tyler Eifert, Arthur Lynch

OT: Andrew Whitworth, Andre Smith, Justin Britt

OG: Kevin Zeitler, Clint Boling, Tanner Hawkinson, John Urschel

C: Mike Pollak, TJ Johnson

DE: Carlos Dunlap, Kareem Martin, Margus Hunt, Wallace Gilberry, Dontay Moch

DT: Geno Atkins, Domata Peko, Brandon Thompson, Devon Still

SAM: CJ Mosley, Sean Porter

MIKE: Rey Maualuga, Vinny Rey

WILL: Vontaze Burfict, Emmanuel Lamur

CB: Leon Hall, Terence Newman, Dre Kirkpatrick, Pierre Desir, Adam Jones

FS: Reggie Nelson, Danieal Manning

SS: George Iloka, Shawn Williams

K: Mike Nugent

P: Kevin Huber

LS: Clark Harris

Practice Squad

- Bruce Taylor

- Chris Lewis-Harris

- Onterio McCalebb

- Larry Black

- UDFA OL

- UDFA DE

- UDFA RB

- UDFA WR
sparky151

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll address LT and QB much earlier than in this mock and probably draft a RB too. While it's nice to add talent to the defense, our biggest needs are on offense.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB still needs to be addressed a lot higher. I don't see a 7th round QB making the roster, when its better to just put him on the practice squad and add another CB IMO if that's the case.

TE is probably a need now, but I still don't see it being something that gets addressed very high. There are guys that have potential in the 6th and 7th round.
wrminning

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Mosley pick, we have good Linebacker's now but if we get Mosley we could have great group of Linebackers. I don't see us taking a DE in the first couple of rounds, I think the team believes that Hunt is ready to move up. I think we go OG or CB here. I have serious doubts if Boling will be ready and we are weak at OG, add in the team wanting to run more leads to needing another OG.
That said, overall I like the Players you gave us and would grade it at a high B

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
QB still needs to be addressed a lot higher. I don't see a 7th round QB making the roster, when its better to just put him on the practice squad and add another CB IMO if that's the case.

TE is probably a need now, but I still don't see it being something that gets addressed very high. There are guys that have potential in the 6th and 7th round.

Yeah, I believe it will be, just didn't have it happen this time. Guiton could easily end up on the PS, but I wouldn't be surprised if he impresses enough to make a 53.

I honestly could see it be addressed as early as the 3rd round with Fiedorowicz. There are a couple of guys I like late though. Marcel Jensen and Jordan Najvar would be good pickups later on.
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrminning wrote:
Love the Mosley pick, we have good Linebacker's now but if we get Mosley we could have great group of Linebackers. I don't see us taking a DE in the first couple of rounds, I think the team believes that Hunt is ready to move up. I think we go OG or CB here. I have serious doubts if Boling will be ready and we are weak at OG, add in the team wanting to run more leads to needing another OG.
That said, overall I like the Players you gave us and would grade it at a high B

You're right about Hunt, it's probably more likely a DE in the 3rd-4th. We need some depth, and it's not a very deep DE class at all. Anyone like Will Clarke out of WVU in the 3rd? He's a guy that really intrigues me.

Yeah, the danger of this draft is banking on the health of Boling. Could see a guy like Joel Bitonio be selected to play LG before kicking out to LT after Whit moves on.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Mosley pick. Martin is solid but I am starting to prefer signing Ayers or getting someone rounds 3-4. The lack of O line help early worries me.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Love the Mosley pick. Martin is solid but I am starting to prefer signing Ayers or getting someone rounds 3-4. The lack of O line help early worries me.

You think we end up signing him? Everything died down for a couple of weeks and now he's visiting the Giants. Surprised there isn't more of a market for him. I'm with you on grabbing a guy in the 3rd-4th area.

Agree on the OL. I would be a little nervous, especially if Boling isn't ready.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DatDudeKB3 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

You think we end up signing him? Everything died down for a couple of weeks and now he's visiting the Giants. Surprised there isn't more of a market for him. I'm with you on grabbing a guy in the 3rd-4th area.

Agree on the OL. I would be a little nervous, especially if Boling isn't ready.

Just because he doesnt sign right away that doesnt worry me. I still think there is a chance.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this draft. I really want to see a CB or OL in rd 1, but Mosley would be an amazing pick. He and Taze as our two nickel LB's would be fantastic. JC Copeland is the one lower rd pick I really really want.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Hokie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft is a bit hit or miss with me. I really like some of the prospects you selected, but you waited way too long to grab a QB. I think the Bengals need to target one in rounds 2-5 (preferably 3-4).

I think Mosley is a great prospect but I'm concerned about his injury history, especially with his knee. If he checks out medically (I believe he has but I'm not positive), I have no problem with him at 24.

Martin is a bit of a reach in the 2nd round, IMO. We do need a DE badly though. We also need an OL, probably a LG. That's what I would have targeted here.

I really like Desir and think he's a very solid selection for the 3rd round.

I would have went QB here in the 4th, as this guy will be 3rd string at best for the next few seasons assuming we re-sign Gresham.

I honestly don't know much about Britt, but I think we need to target an OL higher than the 5th round.

Copeland is solid and I don't have a problem with him. I'd rather have a FB who is more of a H-Back, but I won't complain if he ends up in Cincy.

Love the Brown pick. I think he has a lot of potential.

Really like Urschel, and he'd be a still in the 7th round. I think he goes higher.

Like I said, we need a QB higher than the end of the 7th. I'd prefer one who was good enough to be a starter in his college career.

All in all, I think this is a decent draft. I'd like it a lot more if you swapped Lynch with Murray in the 4th.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, plus it's a little different. I wouldn't mind Mosely in the first. I like Martin in the second, and this pick should make the Villiam do backflips.
I think the team likes Dalton enough to draft a career backup in the 7th. But if Dalton won't extend before the drfat, it will be addressed sooner (see Andre Smith extension). I think our DB coaches could work wonders with Desir.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: