Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J.R.S. Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: J.R.S. Mock Draft Reply with quote

We may sign another free agent or two, but for the most part we know what our roster is going to look like. I only did 4 rounds, as usual.

Rams Trade pick #2 to Cleveland for pick #4 and pick #26.

Rams trade pick #13 to Baltimore for #16 and #79 overall.

Cleveland comes up to grab QB, Teddy Bridgewater after Clowney goes #1.

Baltimore comes up to grab WR, Mike Evans, and is comfortable giving up their 3rd rounder, because they received a compensation pick in that same round.

Pick #4- Jake Matthews, OT

We grab the safest prospect in the draft at a position of need. Our offensive line is immediately improved, and finally Bradford has some much needed protection and a reliable ground game.

Pick #16-Darqueze Dennard, CB

With Clinton Dix already off the board, the Rams look to bolster their thin secondary by adding Dennard. As happy as they are with the selection, this won't be the last corner they select....

Pick #26- Stephon Tuitt, DT

It's not the first time I've mocked him to us, but now that he's officially had a visit, I know he's on our radar. We wanted Donald at #16, but he had already been selected. Tuitt is very stout against the run, but has athleticism to provide a rush as well. He played some tight end at one point. The best part about this selection is that the Seahawks were hoping to land him just a few picks later.

Pick #44-LaMarcus Joyner, DB

Joyner is an incredible talent on the field. He may not be big, but he plays a violent brand of football. He's versatile and can be used in the slot, as a FS, and even as an outside corner. Our thin secondary is starting to look alright.

Pick #75-Lache Seastrunk, RB

We'll need a back up for Zac Stacy, and there's no way Pead and Richardson are on this roster at the start of Week 1. Lache stretches the defense out horizontally, leaving extra space for Stacy inside.

Pick #79-Pierre Desir, CB

We all know this guy now. He's got good height and is an incredibly fluid athlete, but will need to further develop fundamentals at the next level. It's okay, because we aren't planning on giving him much playing time in 2014.

Pick #110-Cyril Richardson, OG

It's strange to think Richardson could fall this far, but that's exactly what happens. Guards are not typically drafted very highly, and Richardson slides due to his less than stellar testing. At the end of the day, we get a 6-5 330 pound guard that will likely not see much playing time in 2014.

The Haul:

Jake Matthews, OT
Darqueze Dennard, CB
Stephon Tuitt, DT
LaMarcus Joyner, FS
Lache Seastrunk, HB
Pierre Desir, CB
Cyril Richardson, OG

Comments? Criticisms?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
yoinesh123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this but its a Pipe Dream to Get 4 and 26 from Cleveland. Also, I would Rather Have Hageman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoinesh123 wrote:
I like this but its a Pipe Dream to Get 4 and 26 from Cleveland. Also, I would Rather Have Hageman

A pipe dream? It's the 26th pick in exchange for moving up from #4 to #2. That's completely reasonable compensation.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be very surprised if HaHa is off the board at 13. And I dont think Clev will be trading up for Teddy. Manziel maybe, but not TW. I also dont like Joyner as a FS, in the slot absolutely-- I like Brooks better as a FS position fit.

Finally, its nothing at all against Matthews and while we maybe genuinely looking at him-- I think Robinson is who they prefer. Just a guess though.

Overall, I wouldnt hate this, but I wouldnt like it either.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: