Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ratliff to start at 3T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Ratliff to start at 3T Reply with quote

According to Adam Jahns of the Suntimes.

That strikes me as odd because I had him pegged as our NT.

Guess this means no Aaron Donald?

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.

Halfway point and you are correct.
KG1187

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means nothing. The Bears need a DT no matter where Ratliff plays.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If (IF) that's true, it would make Jernigan a more likely option at 14.

Or else it's Paea at nose.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think this has any effect on their draft plans. Ratliff will be 33 by the time the season begins, if Donald is atop their draft board at 14 and is still available then he'll be the pick. Just that Ratliff is the starter now doesn't mean he'll be starter come September.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at Jahns' Twitter. Some guy asked if Ratliff was "pegged to start" at 3T and Jahns just replied "yes." This seems like a very loose assumption at the absolute best. Or a matter of one of them not understanding the difference between 1 and 3.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
I looked at Jahns' Twitter. Some guy asked if Ratliff was "pegged to start" at 3T and Jahns just replied "yes." This seems like a very loose assumption at the absolute best. Or a matter of one of them not understanding the difference between 1 and 3.

I believe that tweet was a follow up to an interview Jahns gave on the radio where he said Ratliff was signed to play the 3T.

I'm pretty sure Jahns knows what a 3T is, so even if the other guy didn't the answer would be accurate (or as accurate as Jahns could be).

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

That was me after I read his article where he specifically said Ratliff would be the starting 3T and play next to Allen.

It would make a ton of sense when you consider Emery wanting to get bigger and more athletic on the defensive line. If he wants a 300 lbs 3T then I can only assume he would want a 300+ lbs NT.

I'd be fine with Nix or Justin Ellis.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.

Halfway point and you are correct.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

Loose assumption is about the same as I would say. At most it is a "likely" scenario if we added no other free agents or early picks. IMO the best thing about Ratliff is his versatility. If we get a really good NT, he can swing over to 3T, or vice versa.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: