Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mark Harrison - A TE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Want to see Mark Harrison try the "move" TE position?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Mark Harrison - A TE? Reply with quote

Mike Reiss thinks so.

Quote:
The Patriots currently have three tight ends on the roster -- Rob Gronkowski, Michael Hoomanawanui and D.J. Williams -- but after further inspection, it's possible they have a fourth; he's just listed as a wide receiver.

It's Mark Harrison.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4760948/mark-harrison-as-possible-te-fit

Do the Patriots think so?

Sigs-Taking Requests
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow day at the office for Reiss, I guess.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call him what you want. He's going to have to show that he's either too good of a blocker or too big for CBs to cover before teams are going to treat him as anything other than a WR.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Call him what you want. He's going to have to show that he's either too good of a blocker or too big for CBs to cover before teams are going to treat him as anything other than a WR.

He still needs to prove he is an NFL player of any kind

Sigs-Taking Requests
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing to suggest Harrison can play TE or that he's an NFL quality player at any position.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reiss' butt-tweeting is more worthwhile than this piece.

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/450777954369675264

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Richter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love how NOW Reiss is calling this (mediocre) tight end class into question, when before he was all over it.
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
There's nothing to suggest Harrison can play TE or that he's an NFL quality player at any position.

IMO before he got hurt he was a mid round prospect w/ high upside. He was the Rutgers guy I really wanted.

But I'm rooting for him to make the team and I think he could be a matchup nightmare. Just hopefully he stays healthy and doesn't meltdown like his JR yr.
PoWww

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

Well, obviously, because the Patriots red shirted him last season.

Interesting idea, but I'd much rather have the Patriots draft someone like Troy Niklas. I agree this Tight End class is overrated. Not fan of some of the highly rated prospects. I'm talking about you, Amaro and ASJ.

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.
derekstanggt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing Harrison's size/speed/strength combo (6' 3", 231 lbs, 4.38 40, 6.99 3 cone, 17 reps) last year, I have to admit I've been a bit obsessed with him; as much as you can be for a guy who's never set foot on an NFL field. But I'm always wary of making a player change positions. I suppose he could theoretically fill the move TE role like Hernandez, which would require little blocking. And it's hard to see him breaking into the starting WR corp, beating out KT, Boyce, Lafell and Edelman. So the move would make sense if he's actually capable of playing at the NFL level. I'd be for at least trying him out at TE. At this point, I'm not relying on Gronk at all. The poor guy is just an injury waiting to happen. And even if the Pats drafted a TE, I'd prefer another TE at least be able to contribute in the passing or gadget game like Hernandez could. Hoomanawanui could be the blocking TE.

Last edited by derekstanggt on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekstanggt wrote:
After seeing Harrison's size/speed/strength combo (6' 3", 231 lbs, 4.38 40, 6.99 3 cone, 17 reps) last year, I have to admit I've been a bit obsessed with him; as much as you can be for a guy who's never set foot on an NFL field. But I'm always wary of making a player change positions. I suppose he could theoretically fill the move TE role like Hernandez, which would require little blocking. And it's hard to see him breaking into the starting WR corp, beating out KT, Boyce, Lafell and Edelman. So the move would make sense if he's actually capable of playing at the NFL level. I'd be for at least trying him out at TE. At this point, I'm not relying on Gronk at all. The poor guy is just an injury waiting to happen. And even if The Pats drafted a TE, I'd prefer another TE at least be able to contribute in the passing or gadget game like Hernandez could. Hoomanawanui could be the blocking TE.

Hernandez wasn't a good blocker but he did it quite a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
derekstanggt wrote:
After seeing Harrison's size/speed/strength combo (6' 3", 231 lbs, 4.38 40, 6.99 3 cone, 17 reps) last year, I have to admit I've been a bit obsessed with him; as much as you can be for a guy who's never set foot on an NFL field. But I'm always wary of making a player change positions. I suppose he could theoretically fill the move TE role like Hernandez, which would require little blocking. And it's hard to see him breaking into the starting WR corp, beating out KT, Boyce, Lafell and Edelman. So the move would make sense if he's actually capable of playing at the NFL level. I'd be for at least trying him out at TE. At this point, I'm not relying on Gronk at all. The poor guy is just an injury waiting to happen. And even if The Pats drafted a TE, I'd prefer another TE at least be able to contribute in the passing or gadget game like Hernandez could. Hoomanawanui could be the blocking TE.

I can't imagine sticking Harrison in a role where he'd be required to block a lot though. He doesn't have the strength or bulk to block inline. He'd be good running seams, flats and working the middle, as well as an occasional end around or screen.
mattyl13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be completely wrong, but I think the move TE in this offense is gone. Hernandez was very talented, faster/quicker than most LBs and bigger stronger than most CBs. Those types aren't just hanging around out there.
In regards to Harrison, he couldn't even step on the field as a WR over KT and Boyce. I generally like Reiss' blog for info and some unique insights, but come on here.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekstanggt wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
derekstanggt wrote:

I can't imagine sticking Harrison in a role where he'd be required to block a lot though. He doesn't have the strength or bulk to block inline. He'd be good running seams, flats and working the middle, as well as an occasional end around or screen.

If he can't block, he's not going to be a TE. Unless he's been bulking up and working on blocking, he's not going to be a TE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: