Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Phinsnation Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Phinsnation Mock Draft Reply with quote

Been doing a lot of tape watching and I'm ready for my first post free agent mock draft.

1) C.J. Mosley LB Alabama ~ Very strong against the run and solid in pass coverage. Struggled against the read option but I believe he will get better. The biggest weakness is a small one and that is his ability to catch but that is nothing the jugs can't fix.
2) Morgan Moses OT Virginia ~ I know a lot of beat writers are mock this pick already and I can see why. Moses is a day 1 starter at RT and will be solid. Moses is a mauler in the run game and decent in the pass game. I would like to see him punch quicker.
3) Jimmie Ward S NIU ~ This was the hardest pick for me to make because I had running back penciled in here for a long time. Miami only signed Louis Delmas to a one year deal and Ward is a great coverage safety. He would compete with Delmas at safety and for time in the nickel covering slot receivers
4) Trai Turner G LSU ~ Turner can come in and compete with Dallas Thomas and Nate Garner for the starting guard spot opposite of Shelley Smith.
5) Charles Sims RB West Virginia ~ Running backs always slide in the draft so getting Sims here is a steal. Miami signed Moreno to a one year deal and Sims is a similar player to Moreno. Sims can learn from Moreno and then take the starting spot next year or we could have a great 1-2 punch at RB
6) Ciante Evans CB Nebraska ~ Even with the signing of Finnegan, Miami should still bring in another corner to compete with Davis, Taylor, and Finnegan
7) Connor Shaw QB South Carolina ~ Shaw played phenomenal for South Carolina throwing 24 TDs to 1 INT. I like Shaw's potential to be a long term backup, just needs to stay healthy which is why he is being taking in the 7th

Feel free to tear it to shreds or give your approval.

Jarvis "Juice" Landry
2014 Stats: 0 REC 0YDS 0TDS
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mock is a possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably my favorite Mock so far.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
This is probably my favorite Mock so far.

Thanks lol this is music to my ears Laughing

Jarvis "Juice" Landry
2014 Stats: 0 REC 0YDS 0TDS
Huddle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Phinsnation Mock Draft Reply with quote

Phinsnation84 wrote:
Been doing a lot of tape watching and I'm ready for my first post free agent mock draft.

1) C.J. Mosley LB Alabama ~ Very strong against the run and solid in pass coverage. Struggled against the read option but I believe he will get better. The biggest weakness is a small one and that is his ability to catch but that is nothing the jugs can't fix.
2) Morgan Moses OT Virginia ~ I know a lot of beat writers are mock this pick already and I can see why. Moses is a day 1 starter at RT and will be solid. Moses is a mauler in the run game and decent in the pass game. I would like to see him punch quicker.
3) Jimmie Ward S NIU ~ This was the hardest pick for me to make because I had running back penciled in here for a long time. Miami only signed Louis Delmas to a one year deal and Ward is a great coverage safety. He would compete with Delmas at safety and for time in the nickel covering slot receivers
4) Trai Turner G LSU ~ Turner can come in and compete with Dallas Thomas and Nate Garner for the starting guard spot opposite of Shelley Smith.
5) Charles Sims RB West Virginia ~ Running backs always slide in the draft so getting Sims here is a steal. Miami signed Moreno to a one year deal and Sims is a similar player to Moreno. Sims can learn from Moreno and then take the starting spot next year or we could have a great 1-2 punch at RB
6) Ciante Evans CB Nebraska ~ Even with the signing of Finnegan, Miami should still bring in another corner to compete with Davis, Taylor, and Finnegan
7) Connor Shaw QB South Carolina ~ Shaw played phenomenal for South Carolina throwing 24 TDs to 1 INT. I like Shaw's potential to be a long term backup, just needs to stay healthy which is why he is being taking in the 7th

C.J. Mosley - check
morgan Mosses - not there at this pick
jimmy ward - not there at this pick
trai turner - check
Charles Sims - not there at this pick

so for me that is not realistic but a dream for a dolphins draft

Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! On three!!! One...two...three... LETS RIDE

The Love comes from Karlsruhe (Germany) to Miami for the greatest football team ever !!!
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Phinsnation Mock Draft Reply with quote

Huddle wrote:
Phinsnation84 wrote:

C.J. Mosley - check
morgan Mosses - not there at this pick
jimmy ward - not there at this pick
trai turner - check
Charles Sims - not there at this pick

so for me that is not realistic but a dream for a dolphins draft

I think Sims could be there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: