Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Big trade down with 49ers???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Big trade down with 49ers??? Reply with quote

The Niners have a boatload of picks this year. They will not have enough roster spots to keep them all.

According to the conventional trade chart, the 9th pick is worth

9 =1350 points

1/30 = 620
2/61 = 292
3/94 = 124
5/158 = 29.2
Total 1357.2

Do the Bills benefit more from 1 high pick, or multiple picks in what 80 considered one of the deepest drafts in years.
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically, I like trading down - In this case though, it just feels like not enough compensation to go SO far..

We are looking at a tall, elite WR or a top OT at 9..

Is it worth the quantity? Maybe it is, but I probably wouldnt want to drop all the way to 30..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The value chart is out of date. In the old CBA, the rookie contracts were completely outrageous. It was almost a penalty to select at the top of the draft. Having to pay a guy like JaMarcus Russell 32 million dollars guaranteed was crazy. It costs more to move up in today's NFL because (in this case) the 49ers won't have to shell out outrageous money to their draft choice.

TommyC376^^^
Butter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
The value chart is out of date. In the old CBA, the rookie contracts were completely outrageous. It was almost a penalty to select at the top of the draft. Having to pay a guy like JaMarcus Russell 32 million dollars guaranteed was crazy. It costs more to move up in today's NFL because (in this case) the 49ers won't have to shell out outrageous money to their draft choice.

That is a valid point. But I would counter that this years depth should be considered as well. Also, last year the Niners were able to move up to 18 by giving up a 3rd.

I dont know how many needs the Bills need to fill, but you could get 3 starters from these picks in place of rolling the dice on one player.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bills were to even consider moving down 21 spots, a 2015 1st round pick would have to be included.

I wouldnt want to move down that much.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like people are saying the trade chart was thrown out the door with the new CBA it comes to demand on whether the bills see somewhere worth taking at 9 and if the offer was to good to pass up. This offer can benefit the bills but i think something else would be added such as a high 2015 pick whether its a 1st or a 2nd and another late 2015 pick like a 5-7 rd of some sort. i would rather have the bills trade up to get clowney or trade down to mid teens but not all the way down to 30.

Thanks Max
Tk3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Like people are saying the trade chart was thrown out the door with the new CBA it comes to demand on whether the bills see somewhere worth taking at 9 and if the offer was to good to pass up. This offer can benefit the bills but i think something else would be added such as a high 2015 pick whether its a 1st or a 2nd and another late 2015 pick like a 5-7 rd of some sort. i would rather have the bills trade up to get clowney or trade down to mid teens but not all the way down to 30.

Yep.. its the same reason why trading up to #1 is almost unthinkable..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving up 21 spots compared to 8 isnt the same. Again it all depends on demand if multiple teams want the 1st pick which right now no one has shown interest. Whether it is a rumor or not the bills are the only team that were mentioned. If the texans want out of #1 spot and no other team is willing to make the move then the bills have all the control. Just like the niners guy asking about bills trading down, it all comes down to that and right now the bills havent even been mentioned about trading back.

You can argue about not wasting picks but i then can argue by moving up we get a known impact player who wouldnt be a bust and that the bills have whiffed on players they went after at the position they were designated at in the draft.

Thanks Max
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Moving up 21 spots compared to 8 isnt the same. Again it all depends on demand if multiple teams want the 1st pick which right now no one has shown interest. Whether it is a rumor or not the bills are the only team that were mentioned. If the texans want out of #1 spot and no other team is willing to make the move then the bills have all the control. Just like the niners guy asking about bills trading down, it all comes down to that and right now the bills havent even been mentioned about trading back.

You can argue about not wasting picks but i then can argue by moving up we get a known impact player who wouldnt be a bust and that the bills have whiffed on players they went after at the position they were designated at in the draft.
There is absolutely no way to prove we will get a player who will make an impact and not bust. There have been a lot of top 5 picks who havent panned out, we took one in 2002 with OT Mike Williams. Utter crap of a player.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree williams was crap but he was also not a known player since coming out of high school. The bills make the move to get Clowney who has shown to be an elite pass rusher for the past 4-5 years. Same goes with guys like Aj Green and Julio Jones both performed at the high level in their position since coming out of high school. Players like this come around very so often and to have a chance at landing one would benefit the organization.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: