Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

L'Damien Washington - WR Mizzou

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: L'Damien Washington - WR Mizzou Reply with quote

Here's another late round prospect to look at. Most notable is his size speed combo. 6-4, 205lbs, and may run in the high 4.3's. He is not the most polished WR in the draft but we can get him late. Thoughts?

Props to LOTO on the sig.
Thad's Castle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His measurables are identical to AJ Green when he came out of Georgia in terms of size, strength and speed, and perhaps a tad quicker (I think AJ only ran in the 4.5s or something like that). However, that's about it. He was great in Mizzou's system, but I just get a Bryan Quick kind of feeling from him. His talent is definitely there, but he looks too raw and unpolished too often to me. In terms of his potential development, I think he's a big project. We'll see. Since he's a Tiger, I'll definitely be rooting for him.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thad's Castle wrote:
His measurables are identical to AJ Green when he came out of Georgia in terms of size, strength and speed, and perhaps a tad quicker (I think AJ only ran in the 4.5s or something like that). However, that's about it. He was great in Mizzou's system, but I just get a Bryan Quick kind of feeling from him. His talent is definitely there, but he looks too raw and unpolished too often to me. In terms of his potential development, I think he's a big project. We'll see. Since he's a Tiger, I'll definitely be rooting for him.

You are right about Green running close to 4.50 (he ran a 4.4Cool. The thing is, Green weighed in at the combine at 6 3-1/2" and 211 lbs, 34-3/8" arm length, 9-1/4" hand size. Washington weighed into the combine at 6'-4" and 195 lbs., 33-3/8" arm length, 9" hand size. Obviously, Green weighed in much heavier than Washington.

I see Washington as a decent later round development prospect. He has a nice length and long speed combination but the key will be if he can develop into being more than just a "go route" runner. If he can add some functional bulk and work on his ability to handle a diverse route tree he could help to open up the underneath passing game for a team by forcing defenses to respect more than just his deep speed.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Thad's Castle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
You are right about Green running close to 4.50 (he ran a 4.4Cool. The thing is, Green weighed in at the combine at 6 3-1/2" and 211 lbs, 34-3/8" arm length, 9-1/4" hand size. Washington weighed into the combine at 6'-4" and 195 lbs., 33-3/8" arm length, 9" hand size. Obviously, Green weighed in much heavier than Washington.

This is embarrassing. I was looking at Marcus Lucas' measurables when I wrote that up lol I really need to check my facts again before I click submit, lest I look like a jackass.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thad's Castle wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

This is embarrassing. I was looking at Marcus Lucas' measurables when I wrote that up lol I really need to check my facts again before I click submit, lest I look like a jackass.

TC,
No need to be embarrassed! I have done that before...it's easy to do trying to look over all of the statistics and weigh-in numbers. Bottom line, Washington is an intriguing later round prospect if he can avoid becoming exclusively a go route type of receiver.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny you list Washington at 205 pounds in the OP. Cause if he was actually 205 pounds - and could play at that weight - we'd be talking about a 1st Round pick. In reality he plays at about 195 pounds and that raises durability concerns. I agree Washington is a rare athlete considering his height/speed combo, but he's not yet physical '3-down' receiver that AJ Green is.
chiefsxfanx88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two biggest knocks on Washington are his hands and his size. If you're a team like the 49ers that can wait a couple years for him to develop as a WR, he could be a big-time contributor down the road.

The biggest asset he'll bring his first couple years in the league is his special teams abilities. He was Mizzou's best gunner the last 2-3 years. That's something that will translate.

Johnny Ringo on the Sig
RYKNOWSSD'S DRAFT THREAD!!! Click here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: