Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is "Your Guy"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Who is "Your Guy"? Reply with quote

Doesn't matter if it's a first round prospect or a late round gem. Who is the ONE guy that you are wanting to see in stripes this year and why?

Feel free to go as detailed as you want in providing analysis of "your guy".
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, I want Zach Mettenberger in the 4th round. Would be the perfect situation. Place him on PUP for the beginning of the year until he learns the playbook.

He's gonna be a good QB. He's like a mix between Roethlisberger and Flacco to me. If he can can work on his decision making a little, he will be a steal. If he doesn't pan out, oh well it was a mid round pick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Justin Gilbert, but he will be long gone before we can even think about drfating him or even moving up.

I'll say Kareem Martin to groom to be MJ93V2.0
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Donald, even though its probably not gonna happen. This guy is gonna be a very good player wherever he goes. DT isn't a huge need, but hes in terms of a safe player, hes as safe as its gonna get.
Hokie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Justin Gilbert, but I don't see any way he falls to 24. Detroit or Tennessee will likely get him.

I really like Marquis Lee. He has all the tools to be a number 1 receiver and he also offers a lot of potential as a returner. Even though WR isn't a dire need (we need depth - a Hawkins replacement), I'd jump all over him at 24 if he slipped. Don't think he will make it to us though.

I'm hoping Zack Martin falls to 24, as he would be a great fit at LG. I like the idea of adding Louis Nix as well to team with Geno; they would be unstoppable. I think he ultimately goes to a 3-4 team though.

I really like Van Noy as a 2nd round prospect, Desir as a 4th rounder, and would love to see us draft Ryan Hewitt in the 7th round.
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
I really like Van Noy as a 2nd round prospect, Desir as a 4th rounder, and would love to see us draft Ryan Hewitt in the 7th round.

Glad to see somebody else has their eye on Desir. I'm not sure he'd last till our 4th though, we'd probably have to take him in the 3rd imo.

I'd love to hear your assessment on him if you'd like to share.
Hokie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DatDudeKB3 wrote:
Hokie wrote:

Glad to see somebody else has their eye on Desir. I'm not sure he'd last till our 4th though, we'd probably have to take him in the 3rd imo.

I'd love to hear your assessment on him if you'd like to share.

You may very well be right. Most mocks I've seen have him going in the 3rd/4th. If the Bengals really wanted him, our 3rd rounder may be what it takes. Heck, he may not even make it to that point.

I haven't watched much video on Desir (part of it due to him being from a Div II school) so I'm mainly relying on scouting reports with him. A few things about him stand out to me though: his size (6'1, 33' arms), has a knack for finding the ball in mid-air, and he plays with a ton of confidence. There's going to be a learning curve due to his lack of experience against good competition, but what makes him a good fit IMO is the fact we likely wouldn't need him much in year 1, so he could spend a year learning from our veterans. The biggest knocks against him are a lack of top-end speed and no experience against top competition. I'm not worried about the lack of elite speed (plenty of great CBs lack sprinter speed), and I think a year of going against NFL receivers in practice would do him a lot of good.

With a year of development on the bench, I think he could step in and be a solid contributor in year 2 (when Newman/Pacman may be gone). I think of every CB in this draft outside of Gilbert/Dennard, whoever we draft at CB will be 5th on the depth chart. This is a big reason why I'm not crazy about the idea of going CB at 24; I think there are some solid developmental guys that can be had in later rounds (like Desir, McGill, Purifoy, Watkins, D. Johnson).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: