Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bills cannot relocate until the 2020 Season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: The Bills cannot relocate until the 2020 Season. Reply with quote

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/bills-cannot-be-relocated-before-2020-the-long-reported-400m-buyout-option-does-not-exist/

Quote:
In this new 10-year lease that he signed, for the first seven years there is no opportunity to buy that lease out, or terminate it. None. That team is required to stay in that stadium for at least for the first seven years, and one year already has passed in that lease, so for the next six years.

This is amazing news. Not a long term thing, but 6 more years at least..

Ralph Wilson, was such a great man in many ways. Particularly to those of Western New York. R.I.P

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically a lot of rotten things got to happen for us to loose our team. Toronto isn't gonna have a NFL team and the only market not is use right now is Los Angeles and even than San Diego/Jacksonville and St. Louis would be teams likely to move there.

I'm pretty confident we will get a new owner and stay in Buffalo long term

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad to hear that this is in place and it allows the new owner to see what the organization can do in Buffalo without having to move it right away if he chose to. Hopefully the team doesnt leave but I dont see where it would move to. Toronto seems like a lost cause with the fanbase and the financials dropping each year they go to Toronto as well as canceling it for this year shows that it wouldnt be viable to have a future team.

Moving the bills to LA would also be hard to do as then all the divisions will have to be redone. I see a team like St Louis or Oakland moving there as both lease agreements are up at the end of the year and this will not change anything divisional wise but also it makes more sense especially the history both teams have had in the city.

Finally moving the Bills to london doesnt seem like an option as more and more players are complaining about how far it is to travel to play a game. Players have also mentioned that they wouldnt want to live over there and have to travel to play games especially teams on the west coast.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: