Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you take Derek Carr?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id take Manzeil at our spot if that happened as well.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles with our 1st round pick.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade back because if any of Bottles, Manziel, or Bridgewater are there at our pick, someone will be calling. We have already invested one high pick this year into a QB.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I'd trade back because if any of Bottles, Manziel, or Bridgewater are there at our pick, someone will be calling. We have already invested one high pick this year into a QB.

Maybe Cleveland wants to jump ahead again and give us a 3rd for the trouble. Cool
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Maybe Cleveland wants to jump ahead again and give us a 3rd for the trouble. Cool

A third for us to move all the way down to their 2nd round pick?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

They have 1st from Indy Cool
omar72587

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

They have 1st from Indy Cool

That actually wouldn't be a bad idea. I would love that move. Trading our 1st for a 2nd and a 4th or whatever. This draft is deep and unless somebody is there that is worth taking lets just draft for solid depth. This way it would help us soften the blow again from the Smith trade last season.

Side note if a top qb does fall to us, I feel as if we should definitely consider taking him. On the other hand, QB is not a need. Smith and co want to get a deal done and a deal will get done hell or high-water. We need to by into our players hence building through the draft. Chase has shown he can play and heck we are paying him a ton of money and Bray is an interesting prospect. Lets hold off for now on QB.

I think the skill positions have to be addressed in this draft early and offensive guard.
valkrei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

of course you always gota listen to offers. Lets say there are none. Just because we traded for a QB doesn't mean im going to let a potential elite one slide by that late in the 1st round.

Will it hurt this year? Yes. Are you setting yourself up for future success? yes. Besides the Chiefs brass have already stated they want to extend Alex only a few years, which by the way hasn't even happened yet. So would you bank your future on a QB that you can't say for sure will extend?

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
hailtothechiefs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Derek Carr Reply with quote

This move does not make sense for our franchise going forward. As others have stated, KC has already spent a high pick this year on the Quarterback position. I could see Dorsey/Reid taking a flyer on a QB in the 5th round or later.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't take Carr because he's not that great a QB prospect. He's got an amazing arm, ridiculous even. But dude can't stand the heat. USC just went after him and he crumbled when it mattered most.

We'd need to morph our offense into a timing based, quick-striking attack. Plus, I've been looking for more of a pistol guy to keep continuity, why I like Johnny.

Carr's shown some ability under fire so hope is there if he sits for a few years and develops confidence. But, we got Tyler Bray for that at a much cheaper price.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: