Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mark Sanchez

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Mark Sanchez Reply with quote

What are your thoughts about bringing in Mark sanchez to play back up to Ej Manuel? Sign him to a 2 year 8-10 million deal?

I think this will be an upgrade to Thad Lewis as he has the experience and coming in to a new situation might benefit him as he has been under 3 different offensive coordinators the last 5 years and had mediocre offensive weapons.

I want him strictly as back up nothing more than that.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree physically he would be a better back up then Lewis. However, since Lewis and EJ are the same type of QB and have a year in the offense, I'm not sure Sanchez could come in and be that more effective this year then Thad.

Not too mention, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a new OC next years ourselves. Sanchez deserves a new start, I'm not sure in Buffalo would be the best situation though. St. Louis makes a lot of sense for him.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:

Yeah definately a no lol. Thad Lewis has a more similar skill set as Manuel running the offense and it's debatable Sanchez is even a better player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to have him. He has good footwork and mechanics. Always a class act, even during the bad times. Reminds me A LOT of Alex Smith.

TommyC376^^^
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:

This. 1,000,000,000 times this.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
I'd like to have him. He has good footwork and mechanics. Always a class act, even during the bad times. Reminds me A LOT of Alex Smith.

Alex Smith doesn't make near the mistakes and errand throws that Sanchez does.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:

Alex Smith doesn't make near the mistakes and errand throws that Sanchez does.

This is true in 2012-2013. Rewind to earlier in his career.

TommyC376^^^
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statement from Whaley after asking if the bills were in contention with Vick or Fitzdipstick

Quote:
"We’re secure with our quarterback position. Obviously we’re all in with EJ [Manuel], and with Thad [Lewis] and Dennis Dixon and Jeff Tuel," Whaley said. "We’re really excited with what we bring to the table at that position. We didn’t venture into that subject.”

Looks like whaley will keep it the same which I think is ridiculous cause Thad Lewis was really bad at times when he was playing. Not that Mark Sanchez would be the answer but I do know that Thad is not the answer to back up I now hope they draft Mettenburger or a Murray in the late rounds in hopes they can battle EJ.

Thanks Max
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Statement from Whaley after asking if the bills were in contention with Vick or Fitzdipstick

Quote:
"We’re secure with our quarterback position. Obviously we’re all in with EJ [Manuel], and with Thad [Lewis] and Dennis Dixon and Jeff Tuel," Whaley said. "We’re really excited with what we bring to the table at that position. We didn’t venture into that subject.”

Looks like whaley will keep it the same which I think is ridiculous cause Thad Lewis was really bad at times when he was playing. Not that Mark Sanchez would be the answer but I do know that Thad is not the answer to back up I now hope they draft Mettenburger or a Murray in the late rounds in hopes they can battle EJ.

Well, he took us to OT against the Bengals, beat the Phins, and would have beat the Pats if our D could have stopped the run.

Thad is a perfectly good backup.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

Quote:

I don't think we are gonna consider a QB this draft. Mettenberger is intriguing but Aaron Murray is trash.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party, but "no". Too expensive for a backup even if I thought he was a solid player.

(EDIT) - And I don't think that at all!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Quote:

I don't think we are gonna consider a QB this draft. Mettenberger is intriguing but Aaron Murray is trash.

I disagree completely about Murray. He's one of my late round gems in this draft. He's one of my favorite QB's coming out this year. He could come in and immediately take over the #2 spot for us, and do well when called upon.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee evans i will agree on cincy game he played decent but he sucked against the dolphins. The defense dominated the dolphins that game causing 4 turnovers and 1 was for a touchdown. Thad was mediocre at best during that game.

He is an average player who cant push EJ to be better, he doesnt offer veteran leadership as he has the same amount of starts as EJ and his playing is mediocre. I would have liked the bills to bring in a guy who can offer at least some of those attributes. Like I said before Whaley is happy with the situation so nothing I can do about it.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: