Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bears Offseason [Mock Draft Added]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have to consider the idea that the Bears may be content with Nate Collins or Stephen Paea at 3-tech and stop using Melton's departure as a justification for why Aaron Donald needs to be the top target.
chitownstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
I think we have to consider the idea that the Bears may be content with Nate Collins or Stephen Paea at 3-tech and stop using Melton's departure as a justification for why Aaron Donald needs to be the top target.

I think we're in pretty good shape, if you also take into account the versatility of our DE's to play inside on passing downs

Willie Young - Adopt a Bear

#TurnUp
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

That's how I see it too.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

If they are happy with Collins & Paea at such an important position...and I say that regardless of scheme...then we have problems...having a DT who can apply real pressure on the QB is a must in any scheme that wants to be great.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

If they are happy with Collins & Paea at such an important position...and I say that regardless of scheme...then we have problems...having a DT who can apply real pressure on the QB is a must in any scheme that wants to be great.

Yeah Paea was part of the problem last year. Lets remember who Collins is and its probably not on Melton's level.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a DT.

I do not care if it is a NT or a DT, because I think Ratliff can play the other spot.

But I don't think we need to say that we need a 3 technique that can finesse rush like Melton. If we draft Louis Nix and played him at Ratliff with Paea and Houston rushing from the inside in rotation I would be very happy.
KG1187

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Nix but the Bears already have way too much injury risk at DT with Collins torn ACL, Ratliff injuries and age plus Paea always being banged up with something. Avoiding Nix because of his knees.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
If Nate Collins makes our roster then DT will continue to be a huge area of weakness.
GRADEN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paea has been a big miss so far after 3 seasons... He was suppose to be a pick 25-40 and we got him in the 50s and it was considered a great value pick remember....

I like Houston better inside eating up the run with Collins and Iz... Paea I'd actually cut and draft a 6'6 LE and would take a Tuitt although he headlines a 3-4 end class.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: