Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Get WR D. Jackson here! Yes or No?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
And honestly if you factor in what Gruden looks for in his WR's it doesn't really fit
speed works in every offense and not every WR Cincy signed or drafted was 6'5.

Its not about being 6'5. Its about being above 6 foot, 190 pounds or so (so lanky) but able to climb the latter and high point the ball with your hands. I believe agility was more important then flat line speed.

DJax doesn't fit that bill and he's paid to much to be a slot guy.
so Dane Sanzenbacher and Andrew Hawkins are over 6'?

As for agility, we have agile players and DJax is fast & Agile. If he's released, For the right price ( contract wise, any team would want him) especially coming off a career year in his prime.

If the Redskins had drafted DJax over Devin Thomas in 2008, we wouldn't even have this thread right now because Garçon & DJax would be our starters (on the outside) DJax isn't a slot guy, never has been, never will be, he's an outside wr.

Avant was Phila's slot guy since try drafted Jackson.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember what happened last time we traded with the eagles

Props to Mike23md
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had our chance to get him when we stupidly went for a one year wonder the same year we got Sleepy Fred and Malcom Kelly.

He's a diva and is paid too much to be a slot receiver. I'm not picking up that contract.

Here's my reaction:

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
And honestly if you factor in what Gruden looks for in his WR's it doesn't really fit

Its not about being 6'5. Its about being above 6 foot, 190 pounds or so (so lanky) but able to climb the latter and high point the ball with your hands. I believe agility was more important then flat line speed.

As for agility, we have agile players and DJax is fast & Agile. If he's released, For the right price ( contract wise, any team would want him) especially coming off a career year in his prime.

If the Redskins had drafted DJax over Devin Thomas in 2008, we wouldn't even have this thread right now because Garçon & DJax would be our starters (on the outside) DJax isn't a slot guy, never has been, never will be, he's an outside wr.

I agree with u.

Jackson a good WR broke out last year . We have never had a down the field threat in a long time . Robinson ok but he isn't a every down starter.

I see us being interested when released we might not overpay hut the advantage is NFCE-and would be bitter about what philly did to him.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seantaylorfan21 wrote:
Another reason why we shouldn't trade. 9 times out of 10, nothing good ever comes out of trading draft picks for veterans

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Thai on this one. No way do I want that contract, and I certainly don't want to be giving a 3rd round draft pick to a division rival when our pick is 3.02.

Now, if he were to be cut and we could sign him to a more reasonable deal:
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:
Another reason why we shouldn't trade. 9 times out of 10, nothing good ever comes out of trading draft picks for veterans
I mean we shouldnt trade but if we did we cant compare mcnabb to desean jackson.

Mcnabb was 34 and jackson 27 and is a WR. WR make more better impacts than QBs in trades or signings.

Jackson even so would be at worst a great ST player , We pro be avg at the 35-40 yard line with him. His speed kills. I would expect 1 gurantee ST td.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:
I mean we shouldnt trade but if we did we cant compare mcnabb to desean jackson.

Mcnabb was 34 and jackson 27 and is a WR. WR make more better impacts than QBs in trades or signings.

Jackson even so would be at worst a great ST player , We pro be avg at the 35-40 yard line with him. His speed kills. I would expect 1 gurantee ST td.

Dash - look at his contract. Then realize he will only play slot. Realize too that we just signed a slot receiver in Roberts.

Then realize we'd be giving up a 3rd rounder to a division rival.

Its not a very smart football move for ANY of those reasons.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:

Dash - look at his contract. Then realize he will only play slot. Realize too that we just signed a slot receiver in Roberts.

Also he has such a bad attitude he's being pushed out of Philadelphia, you know the place with a jail in their stadium. Let that sink in.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 24 tackles, 5 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 21 catches, 190 rec yards
big44dog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:

Somehow I think if we drafted Djax over Devin, it would be DJax that's out of football and we'd be debating over signing Devin, lol.
I agree with the notion that if we didn't sign Roberts they should pursue Djax hard. Now, though, we should go after WRs with some more size
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back on the 2008 draft, we made the mistake of looking at size over ability.

Right now, we need guys who play football even if they don't meet the ideal size for their position.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Looking back on the 2008 draft, we made the mistake of looking at size over ability.

Right now, we need guys who play football even if they don't meet the ideal size for their position.

So much this. I just don't want to pay that $$ or the draft pick for DJax. Now, like you said...if he's a FA and we can get him cheap that's another story. But as cheap as I want to pay him, there will be another team willing to pay more $$ so -> no thanks.

Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:

who said i want us to trade for him? Im say I I rather have traded for jackson than McNabb.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also lets stop being up diva stuff like stuff like thatbgets me angry the skims fans are grown men lets act like it. If we could as of now pick up a 25- yea old prime randy moss or to would we say no? Just cause of their attitude .

Who cares. Nfl is based on winning based on chemistry and based on good coaching the hawks have divas and won a sb. Its not about nice or favoritism its winning .
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Also lets stop being up diva stuff like stuff like thatbgets me angry the skims fans are grown men lets act like it. If we could as of now pick up a 25- yea old prime randy moss or to would we say no? Just cause of their attitude .

Who cares. Nfl is based on winning based on chemistry and based on good coaching the hawks have divas and won a sb. Its not about nice or favoritism its winning .
Jackson is not Randy Moss.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 24 tackles, 5 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 21 catches, 190 rec yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: