Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Free Agency - DISCUSSION HERE on FAs and Free Agency!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legend_Kenny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Winston I don't know if this has been brought up in here if it has then I am sorry but what about this guy, he is 30 but why not give him a shot at RT.
zeebs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/report-redskins-host-ol-mike-mcglynn

Right Guard from Colts visits.. Has played some Center.

Terrible terrible guard... adequate center from what I have been reading. I don't want us to sign this guy
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGlynn, terrible guard better center.

We had a big FFMD argument about him about 7 years ago regarding taking him or some guy from Tennessee that never made it in the NFL.

Guess I won that argument, cause I was one of the only guys that wanted McGlynn.

Better position in C in the NFL.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Dashing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
zeebs wrote:
We might not be cutting Bowen after all:

http://www.espn980.com/includes/blog...&post_id=17181

"If the Redskins were to release Bowen (unlikely), they would incur a dead money charge of 5.04 million while saving 1.98 million"
This is why we will be cutting Bowen after June 1st.
idk hes a pretty good back up when you think about it.

I bet clark signs with us soon. He cant be a punk forever
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend_Kenny wrote:
Eric Winston I don't know if this has been brought up in here if it has then I am sorry but what about this guy, he is 30 but why not give him a shot at RT.
herd where done with the OL . Winston was solid for years now I wish we could get him.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Legend_Kenny wrote:
herd where done with the OL . Winston was solid for years now I wish we could get him.
I'd be down for him but I think he's regressed the last few years, I'm not sure he's a huge upgrade over Polumbus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny Britt - WR - Titans

Free agent Kenny Britt said he expects to make a decision on where to sign "in a couple days."

Britt is visiting with the Bills on Friday, and has previously met with the Rams, Patriots, and Redskins. Given his history of injuries and off-field issues, he shouldn't command more than a short-term deal with little guaranteed money. The Panthers have also shown interest in Britt, but have yet to schedule a visit.

Panthers, Bills, Patriots, Rams

ESPN Boston

Mar 21 - 5:38

Bet we sign him.brady as to many qbs. Rams bradford avg and is a running scheme.

We give him rg3 and a scheme that xan flourish him if not than expect the second round pick as a wr.
mrdriii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.winston gave up around 7 sacks last year which is way more than Polumbus. At this point he may even be a downgrade.

Thanx Mike23MD for the sig!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
.winston gave up around 7 sacks last year which is way more than Polumbus. At this point he may even be a downgrade.
Yeah, there's a reason why he's played for 3 the last 3 years and been replaced by rookies or 2nd year players each time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:

"If the Redskins were to release Bowen (unlikely), they would incur a dead money charge of 5.04 million while saving 1.98 million"

It's due to them renegotiating down his salary last year.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
zeebs wrote:

What if we cut him after June 1st?

Doesn't that save like 4.5 million?
mike23md

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After June 1 the NFL changes the way the acceleration works. After June 1st only the current years expense remains on the books after the player is released. The balance accelerates onto the following years salary cap.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/03/19/redskins-free-agency-grades-as-bs-and-cs/

Quote:
● CBS’s Pete Prisco loves what the Redskins did in free agency; He gave out only two As over the 32 teams, but one was for Washington’s shrewd wheeling and dealing. The Insider’s poll from yesterday is nearing 3,500 votes, and only 5 percent of readers gave Washington an A, so Prisco’s opinion isn’t the norm. If nothing else, it’s a departure from the obvious-grading model of “team that signed the most high-profile players won free agency.” As we know, the big free agent deals aren’t always the best ones.

Wrote Prisco:
“Once upon a time, the Redskins were huge players in free agency. Now they are a lot smarter. They signed seven free agents and four of them should be starters: Defensive tackle Jason Hatcher, receiver Andre Roberts, corner Tracy Porter and guard Shawn Lauvao. They also re-signed linebacker Perry Riley and corner DeAngelo Hall, two starters. I like what Washington did without a huge splash. Grade: A-”

● USA Today’s Nate Davis put Washington in his B- group:
You can question the quality of some of the players they’re paying (LB Perry Riley, G Shawn Lauvao), but at least they’re not overpaying anymore, with the possible exception of 31-year-old DL Jason Hatcher. WR Andre Roberts looks like a steal, and GM Bruce Allen should get kudos for finding a way to add players while keeping franchised OLB Brian Orakpo. Safety and O-line depth remain as needs.

LFOX21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody hear anything about Britt lately? I want him here bad so we don't have to use the top pick on a WR.

If he signs I see us goin OL with that pick unless there is a miracle and haha or Pryor fall

I would target Coleman or Reese later on if we got Britt

Garçon/Britt/Roberts/hankerson/moss/Robinson/

Looks like a good group to me. I think nick Williams could take moss or robinsons spot, I think Coleman or Reese would send moss packing
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
zeebs wrote:

What if we cut him after June 1st?

Doesn't that save like 4.5 million?

I was saying that his restructuring is what changed his cap value.

If we cut him after June 1st, we would save $4.50M this year in exchange for $2.52M in dead cap space in 2015. That said, I suspect he won't be cut before the start of the season since we could have made him a "June cut." (*) More likely, we'll keep him on the roster for training camp and pre-season competition. If he wins the job, you've got the best man on the line. If he doesn't, out the door he goes.

Now, if we were to draft Tuitt or Hageman, that could definitely change the equation.

(*) That would have meant the Redskins released him a couple of weeks ago but would have treated him as if he were released after June 1st. The advantage for the player is to be in the main free agency pool as opposed to scrambling to find a team in mid-June. The advantage for the team is that it clears their books during main free agency.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 94 of 100

Jump to: