Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Post. 1st Draft. w/ Trades & explanations March 20th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
I'd say the mocks that have been chalk, are likely the least likely to happen.

Check mine out: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=544939

Solid draft. I like the Oakland move but not sure if Detroit loves Evans enough to trade that far up. I can see Tampa making a reach for him at 7 so there is some logic behind it.

I am okay with Tampa going QB. Just think that there are two suitable ones on the roster already that would allow then to address other needs.

Altogether, looked good and like that it's not another generic attempt.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:
Your tooting your horn about Giving seattle Moncrief in the first round? Laughing

And your trolling a thread by crying about a pick but not explaining why or who a better pick would be?

no, good sir, you trolled seattle.

Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams and Allen Robinson are simple and plain better prospects at Wideout in my view, as well as being better fits for what we need. But, you also left players like Xavier Sua-Filo, Jace Amaro, David Yankey and Gabe Jackson out in favor of a Prospect that should probably go in the late 2nd.

Maybe you got one of the positions of need correct, but the players was all wrong. Not to mention there were better players left available at higher positions of need.

And why you couldn't respond with this initially other than the original response is...? Mock's are purely objective and you, I am assuming is a Seahawks fan, may know needs and fits better than say a non Seahawks fan.

I can only go off film of the player and where I think he fits value wise in a draft. Try responding back with messages like this first instead. More constructive.

That's complete BS. You put about the same amount of effort into mocking seattle as i did in my first comment....and then you wanted to brag about the job you did?

There's nothing to toot your horn about giving Seattle Moncrief in the first round, especially with the other players available. I just don't understand it, it's a bad pick.

What you don't know, is that i've been working a project that has required me to track every mock draft entry in this forum since mid february. Which gives about 150 total entries to this point. You are the FIRST person to mock Moncrief to seattle in that entire span (you are also the first person with a pick so appalling that i felt the need to respond).....I'm going to wager that it isn't because you trying to be different.

Maybe next time you should think through a pick for more than 20 seconds, if you want better responses. More constructive.

You know what's also a first? Seeing someone jump off a cliff because of someone else's opinion about a player in something as insignificant as a mock draft. Jesus bro, take your Midol. Before you have another coronary over a fake draft choice, sit back, think for a second and realize that this has no bearing on the actual draft....or in real life for that matter.

All that I ask is that your responses (first ones) contain some sort of feedback. Good or bad. Not just some vague or whiny troll post about how you don't like a choice.

"Hate your draft. _____ is better here" is miles more constructive than your first response. If you think that the cumulative nfl mock universe resides only here then you are sadly mistaken. Plenty of people like Moncrief.

Trust me, I am not losing sleep over your disdain for my mock.

Jumped off the cliff? Whiny post?

Quote:
Your tooting your horn about Giving seattle Moncrief in the first round? Laughing

That's the quote...... Laughing Laughing

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampa should not even think about passing over Teddy there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:

And your trolling a thread by crying about a pick but not explaining why or who a better pick would be?

no, good sir, you trolled seattle.

Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams and Allen Robinson are simple and plain better prospects at Wideout in my view, as well as being better fits for what we need. But, you also left players like Xavier Sua-Filo, Jace Amaro, David Yankey and Gabe Jackson out in favor of a Prospect that should probably go in the late 2nd.

Maybe you got one of the positions of need correct, but the players was all wrong. Not to mention there were better players left available at higher positions of need.

And why you couldn't respond with this initially other than the original response is...? Mock's are purely objective and you, I am assuming is a Seahawks fan, may know needs and fits better than say a non Seahawks fan.

I can only go off film of the player and where I think he fits value wise in a draft. Try responding back with messages like this first instead. More constructive.

That's complete BS. You put about the same amount of effort into mocking seattle as i did in my first comment....and then you wanted to brag about the job you did?

There's nothing to toot your horn about giving Seattle Moncrief in the first round, especially with the other players available. I just don't understand it, it's a bad pick.

What you don't know, is that i've been working a project that has required me to track every mock draft entry in this forum since mid february. Which gives about 150 total entries to this point. You are the FIRST person to mock Moncrief to seattle in that entire span (you are also the first person with a pick so appalling that i felt the need to respond).....I'm going to wager that it isn't because you trying to be different.

Maybe next time you should think through a pick for more than 20 seconds, if you want better responses. More constructive.

You know what's also a first? Seeing someone jump off a cliff because of someone else's opinion about a player in something as insignificant as a mock draft. Jesus bro, take your Midol. Before you have another coronary over a fake draft choice, sit back, think for a second and realize that this has no bearing on the actual draft....or in real life for that matter.

All that I ask is that your responses (first ones) contain some sort of feedback. Good or bad. Not just some vague or whiny troll post about how you don't like a choice.

"Hate your draft. _____ is better here" is miles more constructive than your first response. If you think that the cumulative nfl mock universe resides only here then you are sadly mistaken. Plenty of people like Moncrief.

Trust me, I am not losing sleep over your disdain for my mock.

Jumped off the cliff? Whiny post?

Quote:

That's the quote...... Laughing Laughing

Yes, this is the quote that I was referring to as useless and vague with no constructive feedback..

Quote:

The fact that you proceeded to go on a rant about how you track all mock drafts here and that Seattle drafting Moncrief is "appalling" is somewhat embarrassing to read. If you take things here that seriously then maybe you should consider reevaluating your priorities in life.

Be appalled by political corruption or overall crimes against humanity. Not against a hypothetical scenario in where a football player gets drafted. That's what I mean about jumping off a cliff.

Loosen your noose and move on.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd like to see the result of real research, check out the project i'll put together when i get enough data. It certainly seems appreciated in my forum.

I love how you've gone from overly defensive to life coach, all because some poked fun at how you drafted a player to a certain team.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
nathan004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
If you'd like to see the result of real research, check out the project i'll put together when i get enough data. It certainly seems appreciated in my forum.

I love how you've gone from overly defensive to life coach, all because some poked fun at how you drafted a player to a certain team.

I would love to see something like that because this is fun for me.

I also love how you're trying to turn the table to make it seem like I am the one overreacting. If you read every response I have made to people, good or bad feedback, it has been respectful.

I get it. You disagree with my pick for Seattle. Awesome. Move on.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's unlikely the Hawks go WR in Rd1. I know it's not the strongest position but I'm pretty sure we'll look to upgrade the trenches. So Stephen Tuitt or Xavier Sua-Filo would make a ton of sense. We have Doug Baldwin and Percy Harvin. Moncreif is a good talent but I'm thinking Rd 2 or 3 is where we start targeting skill position players.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
broadwayjoe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please not another corner for the Jets in the first round and having to trade up ? They may take a corner but they won't trade up for it..
Iceman88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titans will not be targeting a QB unless one falls to them, but Manziel would not fit the scheme....Bridgewater would be much more ideal

You would be better off giving us a defensive player to help with the transition to the 3-4.

Props to Kempes ^
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Barr wont ans shouldnt be the Bills pick. He is a one move player. Speed. We tried and failed with that, see Aaron Maybin.

Pick should be Taylor Lewan (although I dont buy him being a top 10 pick, he is a much better choice than Barr)

I understand what you are saying. If Tampa Bay's defense could get as many sacks against Buffalo as they did last year then Oline is a definite need. My only problem is that the 2 guys worth a #9 pick are gone and Lewan is a gamble in my mind. I think Barr is less of a gamble than Lewan.

I would MUCH rather Lewan or reach for Martin with this pick. Heck I'd even take a Safety at this pick (though it is NOT need) before Barr. He doesn't fit the Bills defense and we already have Hughes who is purely a pass rusher.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
drew39k

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jets trade up is borderline retarded. You acknowledge there being no reason for the jets to jump the ravens to protect the cb but have them surrender a third and make the jump anyway. Then you cite a trade up for a qb four years ago as the reason why despite the being a different gym and it being a qb, there biggest need, and a very cheap trade on ethe jets end.

Here they give up a third that is much needed to help improve the offense to select a cb. Ignoring both the glaring need for offensive talent I'm the first and preventing them from going offense in the second and third if they go d in round one.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: