Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears54 very possible mock draft!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bears54

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Bears54 very possible mock draft!! Reply with quote

So I wanted to make a mock draft that seemed very possible and filling our team needs. To me from what I saw last year, we need to address the D-line, Safety position, and cornerback. There are a few prospects out there I like a lot that can really help our team day 1.

1st round- Aaron Donald (DT) Pittsburgh
-he will fill void left by the departing Henry Melton and would provide a pass rush we so desperately need.

2nd round- Jimmy Ward (S)/ Deone Buchanon (S)
- I'm torn between the two but either one of them would help our ball club. If they were both available I would pick Ward. He can tackle, plays bigger than he is and can cover as well.

3rd round- Kareem Martin (DE)/ Will Clarke (DE)
- both are big DEs that are 6'6 that can pass rush and can be a Wooton like player for us.

4th round- Philip Gaines (CB) Rice
-6ft 200 pound corner that can play man and zone coverage. Will compete for playing time and will be the one to fill the void for Tillman when he retires.

5th round- Walt Aikens (CB) Liberty
- 6'1 205 pound corner that is a playmaker in the secondary. Jennings and Tillman are getting up in age and Jennings will need a replacement soon.

6th round- Bryan Stork (C) Florida State
-with Garza signing to a 1 year deal and being on the wrong side of 30, he will need a replacement.

7th round- Tom Savage (QB)
- palmer is our only backup and he will need competition.

I took our most pressing need in the 1st round. Donald is a pass rushing DT that could be Tommie Harris like. In the 2nd round I address our FS position. Jimmy Ward is a playmaker and reminds me of Mike Brown. In the 3rd round we add a body and possibly a future starting DE in Martin. I drafted two CBs in the 4th and 5th round because both our starting CBs are over 30 and on the decline. We need to get younger, bigger and more physical. Both corners are playmakers, over 6ft and can tackle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: