Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Worm’s Updated Saints Mock: 04/14/14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Raves wrote:
I'm not sure if I'd want Mosley. Just seems like a carbon copy of Lofton at ILB and I might be more inclined to someone that might be a little quicker and more agile so Lofton can focus more on stuffing at the line while the other LB can pass protect, go sideline to sideline, or just be a better blitzer due to their speed.

You obviously have not watched much of Mosley then... He's nothing like Lofton much less a carbon copy. Mosley's game is predicated on instincts and speed, his range is excellent and is a sideline to sideline defender and sure tackler. If your referring to Shaizer when you mention someone quicker and more agile, I'd disagree. While Shaizer is the better athlete of the two... Mosley is the superior linebacker.

I actually wasn't referring to Shazier, but when I have seen Mosley I just never got that impression from him. Truthfully in the games I have watched of Alabama's I don't really remember noticing him at all. Granted I think I only watched maybe 2 or 3 games of Alabama this year so maybe I missed something compared to years past but that's just me.

I still prefer we get a WR in the 1st round, at least as long as it's not Marquis Lee. I'm also really high on Allen Robinson as some others are as well as Jordan Matthews and think the two of them would do wonders on the team. I would almost go as far as saying we could disregard our defense till the 3rd round after signing Byrd and look to go 1st and 2nd round offense.

If we could end up going Allen Robinson into Jordan Matthews... we would be in a pretty good position with Colston/Robinson/Matthews/Stills/Toon and Robinson/Matthews/Stills/Toon for the future letting Colston be expendable.

I really like Robinson too... So much so that I feel in time he'll be the best WR to come out of this class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Raves

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about best WR, I still think that ends up being Watkins, but I just remember how well he's always done in Big Ten play and especially vs some very good CB prospects.

I think the biggest issue is trying to decide where my two realistic WRs this draft will end up going. Both Robinson and Matthews could go anywhere from late 1st to early 3rd based on how teams see them and their preferences.

I think a draft I would be really happy with would be:

1st-Allen Robinson, WR Penn State
2nd-Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt
3rd-Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB Nebraska
4th-Max Bullough, ILB Michigan State (He's just a football player, they always do well regardless of combine results)
5th-Seantrel Henderson, OT Miami (FL)
6th-Tajh Boyd, QB Clemson

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
I don't know about best WR, I still think that ends up being Watkins, but I just remember how well he's always done in Big Ten play and especially vs some very good CB prospects.

I think the biggest issue is trying to decide where my two realistic WRs this draft will end up going. Both Robinson and Matthews could go anywhere from late 1st to early 3rd based on how teams see them and their preferences.

4th-Max Bullough, ILB Michigan State (He's just a football player, they always do well regardless of combine results)

I say best WR... I do feel he could be.

He's big physical and dynamic after the catch. He's a willing blocker who will bet better with NFL coaching because the effort is there. He battles for balls, has soft hands and catches the ball away from his body. He already possesses a solid route tree and is decisive in his breaks during routes.

Sammy Watkins will be the far and away best deep big play threat out of this class but the best all around receiver in time I think will be Robinson.

Raves

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Raves wrote:

I say best WR... I do feel he could be.

He's big physical and dynamic after the catch. He's a willing blocker who will bet better with NFL coaching because the effort is there. He battles for balls, has soft hands and catches the ball away from his body. He already possesses a solid route tree and is decisive in his breaks during routes.

Sammy Watkins will be the far and away best deep big play threat out of this class but the best all around receiver in time I think will be Robinson.

Watkins is definitely more than just a deep big play threat.

Basically I see it as a question do you prefer Anquan Bolden or Steve Smith. Both were top 5 WRs for years and the one you preferred was based on the the type of offense wanted. At the same time you look at a guy like Matthews who just seems to always makes big plays as well.

I can just imagine having a receiving corps going forwards of Robinson and Matthews on the outside with Stills in the slot and Graham on at TE. So good. What's best about both of those players is that I think both are going to be able to step into the NFL ready to produce from day 1 much like Colston ended up doing.

Also if we double up on WRs in the 1st two rounds and hit on both, that opens up the possibility of moving on from Colston if he continues to stay injury prone and limited which would free up nearly 5 million in cap.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at Mosley being a carbon copy of Lofton. They're completely different players. Lofton is a prototypical thumper while Mosley is a sideline to sideline LB.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
lol at Mosley being a carbon copy of Lofton. They're completely different players. Lofton is a prototypical thumper while Mosley is a sideline to sideline LB.

Agreed... I've watched a ton of Mosley and honestly the only question mark I could place on the guy is the health of his knee. I understand that's a big if but if it checks out medically he's a top 10 player in this draft in my opinion.

I currently have him at either 8th or 9th overall on my board, (can't remember lol) and by all reports it seems he's checked out medically.

spanky3801

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mosely is comparable to Navorro Bowman
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Worm’s Updated Saints Mock: 03/25/2014 Reply with quote

UPDATED:

spanky3801

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. This would work well if Victor Butler returns healthy, and Rufus Johnson develops into a good back up. Johnson maybe be our next Galette in a few...
shockeyfan88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really want Verrett in the 1st but I like the rest of the draft! I like Shazier but I feel like his best fit is 4-3 on the outside. Regardless I think he will be a good player but Verrett and Lewis on the outside with Byrd and Vaccaro at safety along with Bush makes my toes curl Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shockeyfan88 wrote:
Really want Verrett in the 1st but I like the rest of the draft! I like Shazier but I feel like his best fit is 4-3 on the outside. Regardless I think he will be a good player but Verrett and Lewis on the outside with Byrd and Vaccaro at safety along with Bush makes my toes curl Very Happy

Really like Verrett too but Shaizer's ability to be disruptive and his range to track running backs, screens and running quarterbacks sideline to sideline I feel would be a greater impact.

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
shockeyfan88 wrote:

Really like Verrett too but Shaizer's ability to be disruptive and his range to track running backs, screens and running quarterbacks sideline to sideline I feel would be a greater impact.

Especially if we keep this 4-2-5

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
shockeyfan88 wrote:

Especially if we keep this 4-2-5

Exactly!!!

Which is what I feel is going to happen.

Jordan - Jenkins - Hicks - Galette

Shaizer - Lofton

Lewis - Vaccaro - Byrd - Bush - White/Robinson

Shocked

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the updated version

2013 Adopt-A-Saint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: