Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FA signings and draft correlation
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 16971
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Didnt want to start a new thread ...

It really annoys me when someone mocks a tackle to us at 9, and their explanation is "this tackle could finally shore up the LT position and Cordy Glenn could move to RT or his natural position LG"


Its like how uninformed are these people, watch the tape Glenn is a top 10 LT in this league. He solidified himself as our franchise LT last year.

/rant.

While I agree with you, what happens if Matthews is available at 9, we take him, put him at LT and move Glenn to RT, and they become the best OT combo in the NFL? None of us would complain about that.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree, but I also think it's possible that if we draft an OT at 9, he may become our LT, and Glenn would be moved to RT (maybe not right away, but eventually), and I'd be ok with that too.

IMO if we draft Mathews at 9 he plays RT and we have arguably the best OT combo in the NFL anyway. I love that Mathews played RT for 3 years, he has a lot of experience there.

I do understand your point as well. Glenn would be legit mauling those DE's in the running game.

Yeah, I'm not necessarily saying we should do it, or that we do make that move, I'm saying it's a possibility.

I might not have been totally clear with what I was saying. I'm fine with a rookie playing RT too, but I won't be upset if OBD decides that our rookie is a better fit at LT, and Glenn at RT
_________________
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9557
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must be better at pass protection and Jake Matthews is still #1 on my big board.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 4073
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Didnt want to start a new thread ...

It really annoys me when someone mocks a tackle to us at 9, and their explanation is "this tackle could finally shore up the LT position and Cordy Glenn could move to RT or his natural position LG"


Its like how uninformed are these people, watch the tape Glenn is a top 10 LT in this league. He solidified himself as our franchise LT last year.

/rant.

While I agree with you, what happens if Matthews is available at 9, we take him, put him at LT and move Glenn to RT, and they become the best OT combo in the NFL? None of us would complain about that.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree, but I also think it's possible that if we draft an OT at 9, he may become our LT, and Glenn would be moved to RT (maybe not right away, but eventually), and I'd be ok with that too.

IMO if we draft Mathews at 9 he plays RT and we have arguably the best OT combo in the NFL anyway. I love that Mathews played RT for 3 years, he has a lot of experience there.

I do understand your point as well. Glenn would be legit mauling those DE's in the running game.

Yeah, I'm not necessarily saying we should do it, or that we do make that move, I'm saying it's a possibility.

I might not have been totally clear with what I was saying. I'm fine with a rookie playing RT too, but I won't be upset if OBD decides that our rookie is a better fit at LT, and Glenn at RT


Gotcha. I would have to agree with you as I assume most Bills do. To the OP though, I get so annoyed also when I see that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickChowaniec


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 3773
Location: Buffalo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else think the staff might be happy with our tackle situation? I say this because it seems like Pears would be an obvious cut and he has yet to be let go. Let's not forget about Chris Hairston coming back, if healthy I think he can be a solid option at RT over Pears. We also didn't bring anyone, even for a visit at tackle during the peak of free agency. That said, it could also mean it's an obvious top target in the draft.. but I'm inclined to think the opposite.

All signs point to us targeting WR or TE in my mind. It will further show our commitment to surrounding a developing EJ Manuel with quality targets. LB is officially out in the early rounds with Kiko moving to WLB and Spikes signing. Guard seems to be out as well with the money we gave to Chris Williams.

It's becoming more clear to me that Mike Evans or Eric Ebron will be wearing a Bills uniform on draft day. That doesn't mean I'm against Matthews (if he's there) being drafted for right tackle, it just seems less likely with some of our moves so far. You can mark me down as a Mike Evans supporter, but I'm growing to like Ebron even more. The fact that he was our first pre-draft visitor shows our staff thinks highly of him.

I think the draft visits will tell us a great deal about our direction.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9557
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Does anyone else think the staff might be happy with our tackle situation? I say this because it seems like Pears would be an obvious cut and he has yet to be let go. Let's not forget about Chris Hairston coming back, if healthy I think he can be a solid option at RT over Pears. We also didn't bring anyone, even for a visit at tackle during the peak of free agency. That said, it could also mean it's an obvious top target in the draft.. but I'm inclined to think the opposite.

All signs point to us targeting WR or TE in my mind. It will further show our commitment to surrounding a developing EJ Manuel with quality targets. LB is officially out in the early rounds with Kiko moving to WLB and Spikes signing. Guard seems to be out as well with the money we gave to Chris Williams.

It's becoming more clear to me that Mike Evans or Eric Ebron will be wearing a Bills uniform on draft day. That doesn't mean I'm against Matthews (if he's there) being drafted for right tackle, it just seems less likely with some of our moves so far. You can mark me down as a Mike Evans supporter, but I'm growing to like Ebron even more. The fact that he was our first pre-draft visitor shows our staff thinks highly of him.

I think the draft visits will tell us a great deal about our direction.


Evans or Ebron would be good as well but Chris Williams isn't gonna fix our mediocre pass pro. There will be quality at 41 too
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 16971
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Does anyone else think the staff might be happy with our tackle situation? I say this because it seems like Pears would be an obvious cut and he has yet to be let go. Let's not forget about Chris Hairston coming back, if healthy I think he can be a solid option at RT over Pears. We also didn't bring anyone, even for a visit at tackle during the peak of free agency. That said, it could also mean it's an obvious top target in the draft.. but I'm inclined to think the opposite.

All signs point to us targeting WR or TE in my mind. It will further show our commitment to surrounding a developing EJ Manuel with quality targets. LB is officially out in the early rounds with Kiko moving to WLB and Spikes signing. Guard seems to be out as well with the money we gave to Chris Williams.

It's becoming more clear to me that Mike Evans or Eric Ebron will be wearing a Bills uniform on draft day. That doesn't mean I'm against Matthews (if he's there) being drafted for right tackle, it just seems less likely with some of our moves so far. You can mark me down as a Mike Evans supporter, but I'm growing to like Ebron even more. The fact that he was our first pre-draft visitor shows our staff thinks highly of him.

I think the draft visits will tell us a great deal about our direction.

I actually think that we might be waiting to see who is available at 9. If Matthews or Robinson is there, and we take one of them (or even Lewan), I think we cut Pears afterward. I don't think they want to cut him without knowing we can get one of the Elite OT in the draft first.
_________________
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 16971
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
We must be better at pass protection and Jake Matthews is still #1 on my big board.

Same.
_________________
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group