Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Simple 1 rounder with trades from TCG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThugCityGrunt wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Grunt im not saying Clowney is a bad player as i think he is a pretty nasty guy when he is motivated. My question to you is would you really trade that much to go and get a guy that is mostly a 4-3 DE with very little coverage skills when you run a 3-4 scheme pretty much now. I personally don't see Clowney as a 3-4 olb at his size and don't think his coverage skills are that great to play that position either.

Now to me Khalil Mack suits that position much better and would be a more logical choice if he were to fall to us or even to #4 maybe and we could give up something like #6 and a 3rd to go get him if you are determined to trade up.

Plus if we are giving up our 2nd round pick to move up how do you personally presume we fix FS, TE, and RT as all 3 positions need starters. 1 of those 2 positions have to come from the 2nd round thats a must.

I am more than fine staying at 6 and taking Robinson if he falls to us as it covers one of our top needs in RT and he is an elite talent just like Clowney and Mack are.

Robinson + Dee Ford who is a better fit at 3-4 OLB as well are a much better combo than a 4-3 De like Clowney as we cover 2 of our top 4 needs with MUCH more talent than a guy who doesn't fit the scheme really.

Now if Clowney falls to us at 6 and Mack is gone then sure Clowney has tons of upside and could still add something to the team you would be crazy to pass on him then but to trade up for him with all that working against us i just can't see it.

Im not at all familiar with Atlanta's defensive scheme, I assumed they were running the same vanilla 43 they had been for the past 5 years. I still think they trade up for one of the pass rushers, it'll be Mack in my next one. Since it only costs a 2nd rounder in this draft and Mike Tice is the coach (taking a couple guys in the 3rd-5th rounds could be just as beneficial as a guy like Matthews).

Quality comment. Thank you very much Applause Applause Applause

No problem boss, Also Mike tice is not our coach Very Happy

Mike Smith is our Head coach and Mike Nolan is our Defensive coordinanator. When he came in as the new Dc 2 years ago he brought alot of the stuff from the 49ers and Dolphins with him. We were considered a Multiple-D the last few years as we ran 4-3, 3-4. 4-2-5, and 3-3-5 looks based on who we were playing. We even did some 4-3 Leo looks where we had 3 DT's on the line and Osi or Biermann standing up.

Nolan is a genius when it comes to defense and he made us look much better than we really were as it was still not good. He needs the right players to run his scheme which is more so a 3-4 than anything now that we picked up Tyson Jackson for 3-4 DE and Paul Soliai as a 340 pound 3-4 NT in FA this offseason.

Mike Tice who you said is our new O-line coach Smile so he is a bit down the line of coaches lol but he should be a solid OL coach thats his specialty.

But yeah with Thomas Decoud being cut we have no FS now at all lol. Tnoy Gonzalez retired so we only have a 5th round TE in Toiollo from last years draft, and We still have Llamar Holmes at RT which has talent but surely can be upgraded without a doubt.

Those 3 positions along with a Hybrid DE/LB are must gets this season in the draft and hopefully 1 more in FA atleast.

I can see us giving up a 3rd at most and still being able to fill all of them maybe.

Something like 1st - Mack, 2nd - FS Joyner, Buchannon etc, 3rd - trade if need be, 4th Sentreal Henderson then a TE with upside as the last pick or in FA if any left? If we don't trade a 3rd then something like this would be nice

1st - Robinson - RT - Mack gone i presume by 6 in your draft.
2nd - Joyner or Buchannon - FS
3rd - Attouchu - DE/LB
4th - C.J. Fierdowtz - TE

Anywho thanks for replying and understanding what i had to say Smile
ctpatsfan77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekstanggt wrote:
Patriots just signed Revis and Browner. CB is probably the most stacked position for NE. Terrible 1st round pick. NE needs DT, TE, OL, LB, DE

Two weeks ago, I might have been on board with this for the Pats. . . . but not now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Titans pick.
kgreene06

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Lions pick, we need a cover safety and Clinton Dix fits the bill here.
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way the Browns don't take Teddy.

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: