Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg McElory Unexpectedly Retires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Greg McElory Unexpectedly Retires Reply with quote

Quote from McElroy:

"Thank you to Marvin Lewis, the Brown family, and the entire Cincinnati Bengals' organization. The fans make this decision especially difficult, as you have provided so much joy throughout my career. Playing in the NFL was my lifelong dream; therefore, I must also thank the New York Jets for providing me with my original opportunity.

The future is bright, and exciting things are on the horizon!

God bless to all."
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't blame him. The writing was on the wall, and he probably wasn't going to be signed by anyone else come training camp. I'm betting he has something lined up that he's ready to move on to.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him.... eh for the team. Wish him well.

And what is it with us and Bama players? Are they mad cuz we load up on Bulldogs? Laughing
sparky151

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of surprising he'd retire this early. On the other hand, he was a PS guy making around 100K. So maybe he found a good job in the private sector paying nearly that much or more. McElroy is a famously smart guy.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Don't blame him. The writing was on the wall, and he probably wasn't going to be signed by anyone else come training camp. I'm betting he has something lined up that he's ready to move on to.

.........has a degree in business marketing. As an undergraduate he had a 3.85 GPA,......... In December 2010 he obtained a Master of Science degree in sports management, completing it with a 4.0 GPA. In September 2010, McElroy was named the 20th-smartest athlete in sports by Sporting News.[58] During the NFL Combine in February 2011, McElroy scored a 43[59] out of 50 on the Wonderlic Test of intelligence. His score was originally reported as a 48, which would have tied the all-time high for a quarterback set by Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick........

......looks like he'll do OK.........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: