Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington Redskins sign LB Akeem Jordan
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 4111
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
So were up to eight ( 8 ) inside backers.. Robinson, Riley, Compton, Kimbrough, Hayward, Jordan, Hull and Sharpton ..


1. Riley
2. Sharpton
3. Robinson
4. Jordan
5. Hayward

IMO. This signing probably makes Ilb a late round pick. Sucks for me, because I love the guys in round 2 and 3 but I'm just not sure we draft an Ilb that high anymore


So you're saying these 5 make the final roster ? I'm hoping Compton lights it up.. He's my dark horse / underdog guy .. He hada heck of a career at Nebraska .. I'm still shocked ,, SHOCKED ! Shocked He went undrafted ..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66074
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
So were up to eight ( 8 ) inside backers.. Robinson, Riley, Compton, Kimbrough, Hayward, Jordan, Hull and Sharpton ..


1. Riley
2. Sharpton
3. Robinson
4. Jordan
5. Hayward

IMO. This signing probably makes Ilb a late round pick. Sucks for me, because I love the guys in round 2 and 3 but I'm just not sure we draft an Ilb that high anymore


So you're saying these 5 make the final roster ? I'm hoping Compton lights it up.. He's my dark horse / underdog guy .. He hada heck of a career at Nebraska .. I'm still shocked ,, SHOCKED ! Shocked He went undrafted ..
Yeah. I'd love Compton our a late round pick like Max Bullough or Andrew Jackson to make it also, but all these guys we signed are in their prime, they have starting experienced and they play special teams. Then, you have Keenan coming back also... I just think Compton or a late round pick is heading for he practice squad.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1704
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
So were up to eight ( 8 ) inside backers.. Robinson, Riley, Compton, Kimbrough, Hayward, Jordan, Hull and Sharpton ..


1. Riley
2. Sharpton
3. Robinson
4. Jordan
5. Hayward

IMO. This signing probably makes Ilb a late round pick. Sucks for me, because I love the guys in round 2 and 3 but I'm just not sure we draft an Ilb that high anymore


So you're saying these 5 make the final roster ? I'm hoping Compton lights it up.. He's my dark horse / underdog guy .. He hada heck of a career at Nebraska .. I'm still shocked ,, SHOCKED ! Shocked He went undrafted ..
Yeah. I'd love Compton our a late round pick like Max Bullough or Andrew Jackson to make it also, but all these guys we signed are in their prime, they have starting experienced and they play special teams. Then, you have Keenan coming back also... I just think Compton or a late round pick is heading for he practice squad.


Agreed turtle I'm excited to see what this group can do for us this year added a lot of young talent/have young talent like Robinson coming back from injury. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out for us at ILB with all these new faces.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 1578
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will definitely help us on special teams. I'd still be open to bpa in rounds 2-5 even if it is a ILB, just not multiple ILB picks .

Question on Compton- is he strictly a mlb? Can he transition to Olb too if needed? Or I know Nebraska has that strange safety position, Compton has speed could he lose 10 pounds and be a strong safety?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 4030
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Will definitely help us on special teams. I'd still be open to bpa in rounds 2-5 even if it is a ILB, just not multiple ILB picks .

Question on Compton- is he strictly a mlb? Can he transition to Olb too if needed? Or I know Nebraska has that strange safety position, Compton has speed could he lose 10 pounds and be a strong safety?


That would be Insane, and a tremendous idea. -- Whether he loses that much or NOT!! He is still at 230 (a 4.5- 40 too) since college- sounds PERFECT to me

Twisted Evil

His strength was against the run before, and moving him to SS would seem a natural fit
I LOVE It!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group