Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kenny Britt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spanky3801

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Kenny Britt Reply with quote

With the need at WR, why are the Saints looking at guys like Sidney Rice? The troubled Kenny Britt has made it through the expensive first wave of free agency. Now, guys get signed to smaller contracts. Why not bring him in on a 1 year deal with a 2nd year option? He is only 25, full of talent, and probably eould like to play with a QB and organization that can push his potential. If it's injuries that we are concerned about, why has Sidney Rice peaked our interest?

Thoughts? And rip it apart fellas.
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give him a 1 year deal, with a team option for a 2nd year. MAYBE slightly above veteran minimum, no guaranteed money.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kenny Britt Reply with quote

Ya never know... with the way teams operate, the rumored interest in Rice could have just been a pawn to force Morgan to accept his one year offer before he lost his chance.

Sometimes teams put out rumors and that's all they are is rumors and sometimes agents of players try to create a market for their players by creating these same false rumors.

Rule of thumb... don't believe the rumor until an official visit is scheduled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
spanky3801

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well worm, what are your thoughts about signing Britt? Not do you think we will, but...
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanky3801 wrote:
Well worm, what are your thoughts about signing Britt? Not do you think we will, but...

Love his talent but he's been a head case since his days at Rutgers... It's one of those things that if the front office and coaching staff feels he's worth bringing in then I wouldn't have a problem with it but if it were me making the decisions I would likely pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with worm on that if he really is a head case. If the staff feels like our players can get him on the right track and they can bring the most out of him it'd be great to bring him in on a 1 year deal, but I doubt we even get to look at it.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
unfsaint

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not only that Britt is a head case...it is also that he has a significant injury history...AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...his play has really dropped off over the past few years. He couldn't even get on the field on a bad Titans WR corp. I would rather go with Rice who appears to care and also has considerable upside.

~Sir William Osler
Fray32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidney Rice isn't some scrub guys. I'm not saying he's elite either, but he definitely has talent, and isn't all that old either. I realize he's been injured often in his career, but when he's on the field he's pretty decent (considering the teams he's played for, statistical production doesn't necessarily do him justice).

I'll concede that Kenny Britt is more talented, but I have no doubt in my mind Rice will be the better locker room / high character type guy. Which I'll take over the slightly more talented guy 11 times out of 10.
MPjeffryred

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fray32"]Sidney Rice isn't some scrub guys. I'm not saying he's elite either, but he definitely has talent, and isn't all that old either. I realize he's been injured often in his career, but when he's on the field he's pretty decent (considering the teams he's played for, statistical production doesn't necessarily do him justice).

I would like to the Saints draft Donte Moncrief at #58. That would do it for WR's after re-signing Morgan. Remember, Toon is still an option.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: