Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Indianapolis Colts Off Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5213/alex-mack

Quote:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports four teams have shown "varying levels" of interest in free agent C Alex Mack.
RapSheet mentions the Ravens and Colts as two of the teams interested in the 28-year-old. They're waiting for the "frenzy to die down" before making a run at Mack, who was slapped with the transition tag by the Browns. Indianapolis needs a center after releasing Samson Satele, while Baltimore needs an upgrade on Gino Gradkowski. Mack is arguably the best center in the NFL.

Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
I know there aren't too many of you here like the SD forum, but i was curious about Kavell Conner. We're supposedly planning on signing him, and I saw he had a year or two of really solid play (or at least it seems so from his stats...). How has he been recently? He'd likely be coming here as a 3rd ILB.
A little back story...

When he first came here we were running the 4-3 defense and he eventually took over as our starting WLB. He played well in that role. When we moved to the 3-4 he transitioned to an ILB. He and Angerer both fit the mold of one ILB position but not the other. When Angerer hurt his foot in the preseason Freeman took over the other starting position and never relinquished it.

I love Connor, he is a solid consistent LB. I think the coaching staff really valued Angerer over Connor and I'm not sure I'll ever understand why. 3rd ILB/spot starter is an ideal role for him to play.

Consistency was the key. Conner was great at making that splash play, those big, jarring hits at or behind the LoS. But he was a guy who was limited in that he could really only play downhill. But in that role, Conner was a freakin' missile. He just flat layed people out.

He lacked consistency in coverage though, where Angerer was very solid in coverage. He tended to be a more solid all around tackler, and it was unfortunate he struggled so badly with injuries the last two years.

But Stayllns is right, Conner is only a decent fit in the 3-4. Not an every game starter, but a more than solid backup who will impress you when he's in.

Then he's a perfect fit for us, we have 2 athletic/smart/instinctual guys but we really lacked a true "thumper" type ILB.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Colton wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
I know there aren't too many of you here like the SD forum, but i was curious about Kavell Conner. We're supposedly planning on signing him, and I saw he had a year or two of really solid play (or at least it seems so from his stats...). How has he been recently? He'd likely be coming here as a 3rd ILB.
A little back story...

When he first came here we were running the 4-3 defense and he eventually took over as our starting WLB. He played well in that role. When we moved to the 3-4 he transitioned to an ILB. He and Angerer both fit the mold of one ILB position but not the other. When Angerer hurt his foot in the preseason Freeman took over the other starting position and never relinquished it.

I love Connor, he is a solid consistent LB. I think the coaching staff really valued Angerer over Connor and I'm not sure I'll ever understand why. 3rd ILB/spot starter is an ideal role for him to play.

Consistency was the key. Conner was great at making that splash play, those big, jarring hits at or behind the LoS. But he was a guy who was limited in that he could really only play downhill. But in that role, Conner was a freakin' missile. He just flat layed people out.

He lacked consistency in coverage though, where Angerer was very solid in coverage. He tended to be a more solid all around tackler, and it was unfortunate he struggled so badly with injuries the last two years.

But Stayllns is right, Conner is only a decent fit in the 3-4. Not an every game starter, but a more than solid backup who will impress you when he's in.

Then he's a perfect fit for us, we have 2 athletic/smart/instinctual guys but we really lacked a true "thumper" type ILB.

I really like Conner as well, shuld be a great pickup for your team.
Colton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5213/alex-mack

Quote:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports four teams have shown "varying levels" of interest in free agent C Alex Mack.
RapSheet mentions the Ravens and Colts as two of the teams interested in the 28-year-old. They're waiting for the "frenzy to die down" before making a run at Mack, who was slapped with the transition tag by the Browns. Indianapolis needs a center after releasing Samson Satele, while Baltimore needs an upgrade on Gino Gradkowski. Mack is arguably the best center in the NFL.

Just do it Grigs. Pony up 6 years/$50 Mil and get Mack in Indy.
Colton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep a close eye on Mr. Irsay's twitter over the next two days:

Hackeem Nicks visiting Indianapolis
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:

Hakeem Nicks visiting Indianapolis

Im down to give Nicks a 1yr $3-4m deal, or 2 year deal with little guaranteed after year 1.

Could be pretty dangerous.

Wayne, Nicks, T.Y.

Brazil, Rogers, Whalen reay to roll

Whalen probably would make the roster though. We might carry 6 WR's but I doubt it?
Colton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
Colton wrote:

Hakeem Nicks visiting Indianapolis

Im down to give Nicks a 1yr $3-4m deal, or 2 year deal with little guaranteed after year 1.

Could be pretty dangerous.

Wayne, Nicks, T.Y.

Brazil, Rogers, Whalen reay to roll

Whalen probably would make the roster though. We might carry 6 WR's but I doubt it?

It'd be interesting. Whalen isn't PS eligible anymore, but Da'rick is. But I'm not sure he would make it through waivers with what he showed in 5 games last year.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hakeem Nicks is meeting with COlts as we speak

Hopefully we can get a deal done with him

1yr $3-5m

or 3yr $10.5m $3.5m SB

seems like a popular contract this offseason Very Happy
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was telling a coworker how in Madden I picked up Nicks in free agency after seeing Wayne retire after the 2013 season.

The kicker is that Wayne came out of retirement after one year and signed with Denver who signed Tom Brady to replace a retired Peyton Manning
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just seen an article by PFT listing the top remaining free agents from their top 100 and noticed Brian Dela Puente is still unsigned. What does that say about his abilities/asking price that we signed Phil Costa and he still unsigned

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/18/capable-pass-rushers-still-available-as-second-week-of-free-agency-begins/

Most of the top players available are coming off of big injuries or getting up there in age.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Was telling a coworker how in Madden I picked up Nicks in free agency after seeing Wayne retire after the 2013 season.

The kicker is that Wayne came out of retirement after one year and signed with Denver who signed Tom Brady to replace a retired Peyton Manning

It's also funny cuz in the new one, Peyton retires then comes back a year later.

What system do you have it on?

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
stallyns wrote:

It's also funny cuz in the new one, Peyton retires then comes back a year later.

What system do you have it on?
PS3

I originally had the first series backwards compatible PS3 but the hard drive went out so I traded it in right after Madden 13 came out. I got the PS3 slim bundle with Uncharted 3 and picked up Madden 13
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I sold Madden 13 haha. I have Madden 25 on PS3 though.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that Mike McGlynn dude pretty bad huh? Or can he be anything of substance? Thanks for the info, if any of you kind people answer...
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Hey that Mike McGlynn dude pretty bad huh? Or can he be anything of substance? Thanks for the info, if any of you kind people answer...

He is horrible at guard, only slightly better then Samson Satele at center.

For perspective, during a pre season scrimmage NT Josh Chapman was able to push both Satele and McGlynn backwards into Dwayne Allen who was putting the key block in on a run for Vick Ballard which was stuffed for a 3 yard loss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: