Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

bpastermack Mock offseason (3-4 special)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: bpastermack Mock offseason (3-4 special) Reply with quote

Other signings...

Bryant McKinnie RT/LT
Ryan Fitzpatrick QB
Dimitri Patterson CB
James Jones WR
Vince Wilfork NT

Release:

Matt Moore QB

Draft:

1. Trade down to bottom of first round and pick up and extra second round pick.

1. Xavier Sua-Filo LG, UCLA
2a. Tre Mason RB, Auburn
2b. Shane Skov ILB, Stanford
3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz TE, Iowa
4. Billy Turner RT/OG, N Dakota St
5. Dontae Johnson FS, NC
6. Wesley Johnson OT/OG, Vanderbilt
7. Tom Savage QB, Pitt

Depth Chart:

QB: Tannehill, Fitzpatrick, Devlin, Tom Savage
RB: Tre Mason, Miller, Thomas, Gillislee
TE: CJ Fiedeorowicz, Sims
HB: Clay, Egnew
LT: Brandon Albert, Garner
LG: Xavier Sua-Filo,
C: Pouncey, Brenner
RG: Shelley Smith, Thomas, Wesley Johnson
RT: Bryant McKinnie, Billy Turner
WR1: Wallace, Binns
WR2: Hartline, James Jones
Slot: Gibson, Matthews

LDE: Odrick, Mitchell
NT: Vince Wilfork, Francis
RDE: Starks
SOLB: Jordan, Vernon, Shelby
SILB: Shane Skov, Misi
WILB: Ellerbe, Trusnik
WOLB: Wake, Wheeler, Freeney
CB1: Grimes, Taylor
FS: Louis Delmas, Dontae Johnson, Thomas
SS: Jones, Kovacs
CB2: Patterson, Rogers
Slot: Finnegan, Wilson

I have not been a fan of going back to the 3-4 defense, and in reality I still think we can and should run a hybrid. But with Wilfork about to hit the market, I think Miami has a unique opportunity to build a dominant defense around him, Wake and Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) So you have us going in a 3-4 base?
2) I like your draft. Though I think its a bit high for Billy Turner in round 4. I have him ranked at 204 which would put him in round 6.
3) 1 of 5 free agent signing is possible in my opinion.
4) Eveyrone hatin on my boy Matt Moore.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four QBs? None of them are Matt Moore?

Don't quite see the point.

Nacho Simulation Football League
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that in this slow period you're just doing something different for discussion sake, so I won't knock the 3-4 with us signing Wilfork.

On the other hand, the draft is quite good.
MiamiGuy13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way turner or johnson are there when u have them picked
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love that draft, but the 1 knock I have is that this allow Wheeler to coninue to play, but benches Misi. I personally would find a way to swap those guys. Misi is a hardnosed SOB and has no problem taking on the lead blocker to allow other defenders to stuff a play. Plus any LB who will chase a guy upstairs to bust in the mouth for talking crap should always have a roster spot. Laughing
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
1) So you have us going in a 3-4 base?
2) I like your draft. Though I think its a bit high for Billy Turner in round 4. I have him ranked at 204 which would put him in round 6.
3) 1 of 5 free agent signing is possible in my opinion.
4) Eveyrone hatin on my boy Matt Moore.

I would actually be very surprised if Turner was still on the board in the 4th round. I think he is a second round value. And the funny thing is I thought most people would say he wouldn't be available by then

I'm not hatin on Moore. I just like the other guy better for what I think Lazor is going to try to bring here and I think he will be much cheaper. I don't like the idea of our backup QB being one of the more expensive guys on the team either

And if we could get Wilfork, then I would go 3-4 base. If not, then I would stick with the 4-3 base.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
I would love that draft, but the 1 knock I have is that this allow Wheeler to coninue to play, but benches Misi. I personally would find a way to swap those guys. Misi is a hardnosed SOB and has no problem taking on the lead blocker to allow other defenders to stuff a play. Plus any LB who will chase a guy upstairs to bust in the mouth for talking crap should always have a roster spot. Laughing

If you look at the depth chart, Wheeler is a backup. I wouldn't automatically assume Misi will be a backup though. I would actually see that as an open competition between Misi, Ellerbe, and Skov for the 2 ILB spots. Wheeler on the other hand would be nothing more than a backup on the outside.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone please help me understand why in the world Miami drafts Tre Mason in the first round? He did not play in a pro offense. He will struggle with pass protection because 1) he is a rookie and 2) the offense he ran in college did not ask him to do it. So, people, why is drafting Tre Mason such a pressing need when the NFL has spoken by not signing free agent RB's to any lucrative deals thus far? Miami is in fine position with its backs. Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas are fine compliments to one another. I havent followed Mason that much but have seen him play. He is not special.

Every year you guys have mock drafts and the Fins never take any of your players. The common theme in this and many other forums is there are player(s) that gain traction on mocks. I guess this occurs so that you can get people to like your mock. There is NO reason Tre Mason should be on the Fins wish list, mock or whatever because he does not solve their problem which was pass protection. Lamar Miller can break the long run. Daniel Thomas can run in between the tackles. They need a veteran RB like a Pierre Thomas more than anything.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Someone please help me understand why in the world Miami drafts Tre Mason in the first round? He did not play in a pro offense. He will struggle with pass protection because 1) he is a rookie and 2) the offense he ran in college did not ask him to do it. So, people, why is drafting Tre Mason such a pressing need when the NFL has spoken by not signing free agent RB's to any lucrative deals thus far? Miami is in fine position with its backs. Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas are fine compliments to one another. I havent followed Mason that much but have seen him play. He is not special.

Every year you guys have mock drafts and the Fins never take any of your players. The common theme in this and many other forums is there are player(s) that gain traction on mocks. I guess this occurs so that you can get people to like your mock. There is NO reason Tre Mason should be on the Fins wish list, mock or whatever because he does not solve their problem which was pass protection. Lamar Miller can break the long run. Daniel Thomas can run in between the tackles. They need a veteran RB like a Pierre Thomas more than anything.

I didn't take him in the first round. I took him in the second.

As for not seeing anything special, I am going to assume you didn't watch the National Championship game. Or the SEC Championship game. In those two games he combined for 550 yards of offense! He is by far the best runner in this draft. His only issues might be his size and his blocking ability in the passing game. All rookies will struggle with that.

If you are OK with Miller and Thomas running the ball then maybe you missed last season. No vision by either back. No ability to make things happen.

And Pierre Thomas has already resigned with NO. I would love to grab one of the remaining guys but lets be honest. What RB is going to play for Miami unless with severely overpay for his services?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

I didn't take him in the first round. I took him in the second.

As for not seeing anything special, I am going to assume you didn't watch the National Championship game. Or the SEC Championship game. In those two games he combined for 550 yards of offense! He is by far the best runner in this draft. His only issues might be his size and his blocking ability in the passing game. All rookies will struggle with that.

If you are OK with Miller and Thomas running the ball then maybe you missed last season. No vision by either back. No ability to make things happen.

And Pierre Thomas has already resigned with NO. I would love to grab one of the remaining guys but lets be honest. What RB is going to play for Miami unless with severely overpay for his services?

I meant second round but my argument is unchanged. Mason was a product of a system and a great run blocking line. Vision is a product of repitition and familiarity. Miller did not run a zbs in college. I think you will see a difference if Miami continues with the zbs with adequate blockers. Miami's line was too big last year. Incognito and Jerry are both too heavy to move laterally in a zbs.

As always we give rb's too much blame and credit. I am not saying Miami should not draft a RB. They can do that in the 5-7th rounds. Athletes play running back at all levels. Some RB's read blocks while others go where the play is designed no matter what. We hated on Ronnie Brown when he and Ricky were a tandem because he read too much. You like Tre Mason because you saw him perform on the biggest stage. There are RB's equally as talented at lower levels that can work out just as well. Hopefully Miami knows that instead of wasting a precious second round pick on some guy depending on the big uglies making him look good. I recall when some thought Chris Johnson was the best runningback in the league. Subtract some all pro lineman and he is just a guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: