Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who that is still out in FA do you want??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatewood2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
skatewood2 wrote:
I can't believe that noone is talking to Moreno or MJD. I know both of them have not lit it up lately, but bring them in for a cheap contract and it can't hurt us. We need a tough hard runner and I think either of them can help us out better than Thomas has lately.

Its the same for some of these WRs. Only Tate has been signed as a running back. There is depth with this draft. I think they will be in high demand after the draft. I know Hickey is looking to the draft for a running back.

Last _ drafts for Tampa selecting a RB has been:

2013: Mike James 5'11 229
2012: Doug Martin 5'9 223
2011: Allen Bradford 5'11 242

Guys that fit the mold:
Carlos Hyde
Jeremy Hill
Terrance West

I so want Carlos Hyde on this team. Call it Buckeye Homerism, but he a beast and hopefully he is one of the good backs in the NFL.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see us grab Moreno, at a good price, I dont care if it is intensive based I just do not want to blow a ton on RB.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/03/15/miami-dolphins-need-to-sign-knowshon-moreno/ Not to bad of an article, a little older but sounds pretty good to me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Vince Wilfork

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moreno would be nice. I'd offer the same price as I would've given Tate. 2-3 years, $6 - 7 million. He can pass block and that is by far the biggest thing our current RB corps is missing.
stepover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing us give Jermichael Finley a 1 year "prove it" deal similar to the one we gave Keller. I still have dreams of us taking Ebron in the first but I doubt he falls and even if he does I can see us drafting for O-line need.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear Travelle Wharton is considering retirement, but at 32 coming off a full season, I considered it low risk. He plays LG, I wonder if he can play RG (now that we have Shelly Smith @ LG) .... I just want us to get set up to go BPA in the draft.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
I'd love to see us get Ben Tate. While I've heard the argument that all RB's are essentially the same, and spending big at the position is foolish, I would suggest that if you look at the contracts RB's are getting it's reasonable to say that the league has largely compensated for that concept/observation. RB's salaries have, by in large, dropped significantly since the bell cow back days of the 90's and early 2000's. Tate can probably be had for a reasonable dollar and he is better than many backs in the league and the one we have on board now, in my opinion. He is physical, which Miller is not. He also played in a one cut system, behind a zbs line in houston. That should fit nicely in Miami.

beyond that, he would be my main focus mainly because I see him as the most talented player of need that I see on the market. Id prefer a solid RT or G but I don't see any stellar, top notch players left in those spots. If I did, I'd prefer we pursue them to Tate.

Well here is my argument against Tate. He is not durable. He struggled to remain on the field in a backup capacity. What the heck do you think will happen with more carries? While he is a good fit for the ZBS he is fragile.

The guy who played the last part of the season with several broken ribs? It's not like we'd ask him to shoulder the load.. 1a) Tate 1b) Miller 2) Thomas

I wouldn't do cartwheels over signing Tate, but any injury risk we take on by signing him is offset by his experience and skill set.

2-3 years, 6.5 - 10.5 million

The only reason he played was because he knew the delta on him and he was entering free agency. This is a moot point but watch what happens to him in Cleveland this year. Not next year because I think he signed for a two year deal. I like Ben Tate but he is fragile. I do not judge backs in their contract year. I judge them on the year before.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: