Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome to Washington - Andre Roberts - WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of respect brian its likely moss is a #4 or #5 he can be out kr pr guy and bring vompetetion. It wkuld be garcon roberts and or britt or a 2nd round pick wr.

Grufen wants griffin to move into a young core of wrs to trend aeound imo.
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Out of respect brian its likely moss is a #4 or #5 he can be out kr pr guy and bring vompetetion. It wkuld be garcon roberts and or britt or a 2nd round pick wr.

Garcon, Roberts, Robinson, Hankerson are already on the roster. If we draft someone at 34, that's 5 WR's. Are you really gonna roll into the season with 6 WR's? You can pick up younger WR's if you need someone to ride the bench. If we sign Owen Daniels, you have Reed to fill that role as another WR's as well (and Niles Paul).

I just don't see it.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Garcon, Roberts, Robinson, Hankerson are already on the roster. If we draft someone at 34, that's 5 WR's. Are you really gonna roll into the season with 6 WR's? You can pick up younger WR's if you need someone to ride the bench. If we sign Owen Daniels, you have Reed to fill that role as another WR's as well (and Niles Paul).

I just don't see it.

I see it like this:

1. Garçon
2. Roberts
3. Moss = slot WR
4. Aldrick Robinson
5. Draft pick

(Hankerson - PUP)

Even of we take a WR at #34, I doubt he plays more than Roberts or Moss as a rookie. He's not going to be as seasoned and have Griffin's trust as Moss does in the slot and I don't care what anyone says - rookie wrs have so much to learn! It takes time, the only way I'd see our rookie WR having this huge impact is if someone like Marquise Lee falls to us. First round talent for sure.

I really think Roberts is going to have a 60 catch season for us, 750 YDs and 4 or 5 Tds

Garçon is going to do what he did last year - be around of over 100 catches, 1300 YDs and 5+ Tds

Moss is going to again catch 40 to 50 balls for 500+ YDs and 2 to 5 Tds

Robinson is going to chip in with his 20+ receptions, 350 + YDs and 2 or 3
Tds

Not sure about what our rookie can do or whom it'll be.

Hankerson might be like a redshirt candidate this year so to say. They can PUP him and then decide mid season if they want to activate him or not. I really don't see him being cut like some do, it just doesn't make sense because you can put him on PUP or even IR if he isn't ready for the season. That way, you keep him around for competition in the 2015 offseason - he can always be signed to a cheap one year prove it deal for the 2015 season.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Geronimo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this signing. He played well in Arizona and he should have a better QB here. We might have a good core of receivers next year.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
Woz wrote:
killacam wrote:
Anybody know about Roberts as a blocker. Garçon is a willing and good blocker! What about Roberts!!?

Don't know about his blocking either, but he apparently has no fear going across the middle and taking shots. So, I have to believe he wouldn't mind returning the favor.

It could be said he had no fear going over middle because no one was there to cover him. Opposing defenses were surely worried about Fitz and Mike Floyd over Roberts. Make no mistake this WR corps is far from complete. With the other additions in FA I now have no beef taking a WR at 34. Hopefully a guy that has a good deal of size for the red zone. I won't get into names bc this thread is about Roberts.
Anyone know if this cat can return kicks?

Except early in the season he was the #2 WR. Floyd didn't take over until midway through 2013.
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

I just don't see it.

I see it like this:

1. Garçon
2. Roberts
3. Moss = slot WR
4. Aldrick Robinson
5. Draft pick

(Hankerson - PUP)

Even of we take a WR at #34, I doubt he plays more than Roberts or Moss as a rookie. He's not going to be as seasoned and have Griffin's trust as Moss does in the slot and I don't care what anyone says - rookie wrs have so much to learn! It takes time, the only way I'd see our rookie WR having this huge impact is if someone like Marquise Lee falls to us. First round talent for sure.

The problem with that is, what do you do when Hankerson comes off the PUP? You've got two choices: activate him or put him on IR for the rest of the season. If you activate him, who do you cut in his place? Don't forget, if Moss on the opening day roster, his salary becomes fully guaranteed.

Quote:
I really think Roberts is going to have a 60 catch season for us, 750 YDs and 4 or 5 Tds

Garçon is going to do what he did last year - be around of over 100 catches, 1300 YDs and 5+ Tds

Tds

Why would you send 40-50 throws towards a guy who will not be here in the future? Why would you give Moss that much playing time at the expense of Robinson and rookie-to-be-named-later? This is the exact same problem the Wizards have with Otto Porter.

Quote:
Hankerson might be like a redshirt candidate this year so to say. They can PUP him and then decide mid season if they want to activate him or not. I really don't see him being cut like some do, it just doesn't make sense because you can put him on PUP or even IR if he isn't ready for the season. That way, you keep him around for competition in the 2015 offseason - he can always be signed to a cheap one year prove it deal for the 2015 season.

He'll be a free agent at the end of 2014. Sure, he might hang around for a cheap deal. But if you've "parked" him for a year and drafted another WR along with signing a third in his final season, why would he?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
big44dog wrote:
Woz wrote:
killacam wrote:
Anybody know about Roberts as a blocker. Garçon is a willing and good blocker! What about Roberts!!?

Don't know about his blocking either, but he apparently has no fear going across the middle and taking shots. So, I have to believe he wouldn't mind returning the favor.

It could be said he had no fear going over middle because no one was there to cover him. Opposing defenses were surely worried about Fitz and Mike Floyd over Roberts. Make no mistake this WR corps is far from complete. With the other additions in FA I now have no beef taking a WR at 34. Hopefully a guy that has a good deal of size for the red zone. I won't get into names bc this thread is about Roberts.
Anyone know if this cat can return kicks?

Except early in the season he was the #2 WR. Floyd didn't take over until midway through 2013.
yeah, for a whole two games....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

I just don't see it.

I see it like this:

1. Garçon
2. Roberts
3. Moss = slot WR
4. Aldrick Robinson
5. Draft pick

(Hankerson - PUP)

The problem with that is, what do you do when Hankerson comes off the PUP? You've got two choices: activate him or put him on IR for the rest of the season. If you activate him, who do you cut in his place? Don't forget, if Moss on the opening day roster, his salary becomes fully guaranteed.
I realize that and that's a good problem to have. I'm sure by week 7, we'll have an injury, and Hank can replace that player.

I think Moss is RG3's security blanket, he was in 2012, and at times in 2013 when Rg3 actually got off his first read.

Woz wrote:
Quote:

Tds

Why would you send 40-50 throws towards a guy who will not be here in the future? Why would you give Moss that much playing time at the expense of Robinson and rookie-to-be-named-later? This is the exact same problem the Wizards have with Otto Porter.
yes, if they're the better player I think Robinson should get more of Moss' reps this year, but there's a reason Moss was kept... Again... Gruden must see what I see. He's reliable and RG3 finds him when he gets off of his first read or when RG3 is in trouble.

Again, good problem to have if a rookie can learn from Moss for a year like Porter is learning from Ariza & Webster

Woz wrote:
Quote:

He'll be a free agent at the end of 2014. Sure, he might hang around for a cheap deal. But if you've "parked" him for a year and drafted another WR along with signing a third in his final season, why would he?
Well he may not, if not, that's fine, we can move on with the guys we have.

Woz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does a player learn to play from the bench? How does another player teach a player on the bench when he's in the game?

All you are doing is stunting your rookie for no purpose.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
How does a player learn to play from the bench? How does another player teach a player on the bench when he's in the game?

so young players don't learn by watching veterans, they don't learn by listening to veterans and watching them do it? That's news to me

Woz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

so young players don't learn by watching veterans, they don't learn by listening to veterans and watching them do it? That's news to me

They'll learn the nuances of the position, the setting of the shoulder and hips to redirect a defender ... provided they are getting the main reps in practice. If you've put your vet in at #3, both Robinson and your rookie are going to be relegated to the scout team.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

They'll learn the nuances of the position, the setting of the shoulder and hips to redirect a defender ... provided they are getting the main reps in practice. If you've put your vet in at #3, both Robinson and your rookie are going to be relegated to the scout team.
not if you mix in reps for them

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/03/25/gruden-and-whisenhunt-high-on-andre-roberts/

Quote:
"I think Andre is an exciting player because he can play inside and outside and he can give you a lot of things," Gruden said on Monday. "He hasn't been asked to return a lot of punts because they have Patrick Peterson and the Honey Badger. But we might ask him to get back there and return some punts also. Very versatile guy, and I'm expecting big things from him."

"He's a great, great young player," Whisenhunt said. "Very tough competitor. I thought he was a good leader and a good player for me when I was there. I have a lot of respect for what he's done, and I'm glad he's getting an opportunity in Washington."

Further breaking down Roberts's game, Whisenhunt said, "The thing I liked the best about Andre was his flexibility. He can play the slot, he can play outside. He can win outside. He made himself into a tough football player. There were some things he went through early in his career as a football player that he had to fight through and that made him a better player - injuries and getting back on the field. And now he's become a great pro. He works hard and understands what he has to do to be out there every day. But the thing that impresses me, is you always have respect with those guys when they come in and blocking. You see him block linebackers, and block big safeties. He does a great job in the slot, understanding those routes. He can think quickly on his feet. He's a versatile receiver who can fill a lot of roles."
clearly, high praise for Roberts from his former coach Ken Wisenhunt and the coach who wanted him here, Jay Gruden.

I really can't wait to see him play opposite Garçon, I think he's going to break out for us.

I'm going to predict:

70 receptions, 850 YDs and 6 Tds

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I think he's going to prove to be a great pick up. He's a type of guy who's on the cusp of breaking out like Garçon was after his 2010 season.

Roberts has just been stuck down on the depth chart in AZ and has only been used as a slot receiver.

As a #2, he's going to get more opportunities to shine. I love this signing, and RG3 loves it also - which matters! Cool

I think the plan is for him to be a slot here also. I'd love for them to add a big WR on the outside
I think a little bit of slot, but he said the reason he came here was they told him he could play both.

Other teams only wanted him as a slot wr, and he didn't want that. He can do both.

I still think Moss will primarily be our slot wr

Moss might not even make the team. Also doesn't really fit Gruden's mold.

I expect us to draft a WR at 34 to play outside on 3 WR sets and to kick Roberts inside on those downs. He'll probably play almost every snap at the slot, but also play out side when we're running 2 WR sets.
How does moss not fit Gruden's slot WR mold?

Andrew Hawkins/Dane Sansenbacher...

Shorter, slot wrs who are quick players and can get open in tight spaces.

I swear you guys just make things up sometimes to prove how Moss shouldn't be here or he can't play anymore.

At least come with something true like he dropped too many passes last year - that's true!

Making things up? Hawkins added so much more versatility which is why he was used more often. He could be lined up as RB or even the QB when necessary. Can't really use Sansenbacher because he just didn't get play.

Moss got by by being clutch with his grabs and being able to beat anyone deep. He's got bad hands now and has seemingly lost all his "clutch" ability. What does he actually bring to the table besides being a vet for a young corp?

I have no faith in Moss lining up anymore like I use to, he's just gotten old. It happens.
No doubt, but until someone beats Moss out for the slot position, Moss will be here. You guys are just going to have to deal with it and quit whining about it.

He was our 2nd leading receiver last year.

He did was 3rd in receptions in 2012 and led the team in TD receptions.

So, I get it that you guys want a younger slot receiver, but that players going to have to outperform Moss, he's not going to just roll over and give the position aways and so far, no young player has taken the spot from him.

So again, just deal with it.

Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson and Reed are Griffins security blankets, Moss may have been in 2012 but he's far from the player he once was.

This idea that Moss can still catch 50 balls, 500+ yards, and 3 or 4 TD's is a dream. You'll be lucky if he can grab you 30 or 40 balls at this point in his career. He's also, as Woz said, killing potential reps for someone if you draft them at 34. I still expect Roberts to be out there for 2 WR's sets and move inside when we move to 3 WR's. That leaves the rookie to get reps outside (where he'll probably be) but not be asked to carry the team as the true #2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: