Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Bills sign Brandon Spikes to 1 year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a 1 year deal. If he doesn't hurt the team, he would be in line for an extension IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Looks like a 1 year deal. If he doesn't hurt the team, he would be in line for an extension IMO.

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
One-year deal —-> RT @AlbertBreer: As @john_wawrow reported, Brandon Spikes has a deal with the Bills. Source says it's for one year.

Some definite pro's and cons of a 1 year deal.

Hopefully we make it count.
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see this thread already discussing the deal. You can lock that thread I started if you want.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard it's 1 year at $3.25M. I like the deal for sure. If he stays problem free and produces, I'd love to sign him to an extension. If anything becomes an issue, we're only committed for 1 year.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
I just heard it's 1 year at $3.25M. I like the deal for sure. If he stays problem free and produces, I'd love to sign him to an extension. If anything becomes an issue, we're only committed for 1 year.

Very well said. This is perfect for the Bills! The only way I see this going south is if he has a wonderful year and then walks for big bucks somewhere else.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have done a real good job of filling needs in free agency. It's given us a lot of room to work in the draft.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
We have done a real good job of filling needs in free agency. It's given us a lot of room to work in the draft.

Seems like the writing's on the wall at this point, that we're looking at Evans or Ebron at 9.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Riddler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your defense is really looking good guys. Spikes "the sandman" is an animal but is only a 2 down player. He will be very effective in buffalo I believe.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

Seems like the writing's on the wall at this point, that we're looking at Evans or Ebron at 9.

Yea it looks that way, or OT. I'm hoping their goal in free agency was to fill some holes and get to the point where we can legitimately take the BPA. That's how good teams draft. You bring back Chandler. Could we still use a TE? Sure but we surely aren't forced into taking one in the first round. Corey Graham, Rivers, and spikes are all good depth at positions where we needed depth. We could definitely use an upgrade at WR but that is the drafts deepest position. So it looks like they can build their draft board without being pinned to one position. I think it's great.

TommyC376^^^
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was on of the guys I really wanted the Bills to sign. Glad we got him, don't know how much I like the 1 year deal, but if he plays well hopefully we can resign him midseason to a longer extension.

Great signing. Adds that much needed toughness to the middle of our D. Pairs very well with Kiko. Thunder and Lightening at the LB spot!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

Yea it looks that way, or OT. I'm hoping their goal in free agency was to fill some holes and get to the point where we can legitimately take the BPA. That's how good teams draft. You bring back Chandler. Could we still use a TE? Sure but we surely aren't forced into taking one in the first round. Corey Graham, Rivers, and spikes are all good depth at positions where we needed depth. We could definitely use an upgrade at WR but that is the drafts deepest position. So it looks like they can build their draft board without being pinned to one position. I think it's great.

This is exactly how I feel. I believe this is what the Bills front office was attempting to do and have been quite successful.

In all likelihood, wo go Ebron, Evans, Mathews/Lewan. But we don't HAVE to. If someone falls, or a team wants to trade up with us then we can afford to make moves. We are in great shape.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the 1 year deal, if he doesn't live up to expectations, cut dead weight. If he amazes, we are rid of the $22 mil in dead cap we have this year and have plenty to resign him. $103 mil dedicated in 2015 with 49 players under contract and a projected cap of more than $140 mil. We will be in good shape with whatever action we take.

Adopt-A-Bills:
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
Love the 1 year deal, if he doesn't live up to expectations, cut dead weight. If he amazes, we are rid of the $22 mil in dead cap we have this year and have plenty to resign him. $103 mil dedicated in 2015 with 49 players under contract and a projected cap of more than $140 mil. We will be in good shape with whatever action we take.

The best thing, for all this talk about how we develop guys and then let them leave, is that next year, if we take the step we should take this year and actually make the playoffs, is that we have a deep, talented roster with a lot of money and even more flexibility.

I'm hopeful for the first time in a LONG time.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: