Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anthony Dixon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Anthony Dixon Reply with quote

RB Anthony Dixon tweeted that he is on his way to Buffalo after a visit with the Titans.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not into Dixon. Give me a RB in the 6th rd with more upside. Or even better, trade our 6th rd pick for Bryce brown. He's got more upside than any RB coming out of college.

TommyC376^^^
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
I'm not into Dixon. Give me a RB in the 6th rd with more upside. Or even better, trade our 6th rd pick for Bryce brown. He's got more upside than any RB coming out of college.
ehh he's a pretty good power back. If we sign him, we don't have to spend a pick on a RB who won't play a lot and might not even make the team. We know what Dixon has done in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
ehh he's a pretty good power back. If we sign him, we don't have to spend a pick on a RB who won't play a lot and might not even make the team. We know what Dixon has done in the NFL.

I agree with Tommy,

Dixon would give us the opportunity for a bigger back and he could compete with Anthony Allen in TC. We could spend our draft picks based off how the board falls instead of potentially reaching for a RB because we want one.

Dude is only 26...could be the 3rd down/Goaline guy we desperately need.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He signed according to his Twitter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
He signed according to his Twitter.
Solid signing IMO ... Will really help in short yardage situations. Having him (233lbs) and Frank Summers in the backfield on the goalline should be awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see him and Anthony Allen fight for that 3rd down back position.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us carry 4 backs this season as well as Summers.

Pound the rock boys.

FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers fan here, solid signing for you guys. The main thing Dixon brings is versatility. He can play HB, FB, I've seen him return kicks, and he's great on special teams. Idk how good he actually can be as a HB who gets 10-15+ carries a game. Although, I doubt that's what he'll be here. Not yet anyway. Not until Fred Jackson gets hurt Laughing I'm kidding tho. Dixon is a great team guy, and hasn't hardly been tapped as far as running back ability. But he's been learning under one of the best coaching staffs, and a great teammate mentor in Gore. I think he can be really good. Good luck!

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
49ers fan here, solid signing for you guys. The main thing Dixon brings is versatility. He can play HB, FB, I've seen him return kicks, and he's great on special teams. Idk how good he actually can be as a HB who gets 10-15+ carries a game. Although, I doubt that's what he'll be here. Not yet anyway. Not until Fred Jackson gets hurt Laughing I'm kidding tho. Dixon is a great team guy, and hasn't hardly been tapped as far as running back ability. But he's been learning under one of the best coaching staffs, and a great teammate mentor in Gore. I think he can be really good. Good luck!

Thanks for the input. His versatility was definitely an asset the Bills were interested in. Marrone said he wanted to add core special team guys (Graham, Dixon).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dixon have a more predominant role with the Bills as the season goes on. Some see him as a replacement for Fred's physicality after he retires.

Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:

Thanks for the input. His versatility was definitely an asset the Bills were interested in. Marrone said he wanted to add core special team guys (Graham, Dixon).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dixon have a more predominant role with the Bills as the season goes on. Some see him as a replacement for Fred's physicality after he retires.

This is what I am thinking. Marrone seems to like those guys who can get him 4 yards up the middle. The read option seems to take away from Spiller's speed as the running plays take longer to develop.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: