Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
While we were signing the great Michael Oher we let the Raider sign Antonio Smith, typical Titans Rolling Eyes

Antonio Smith is an assclown. I'm overjoyed that we didn't sign him.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Ockham

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now sign:

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Henry Melton
Anthony Spencer

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfanatic59 wrote:
Lol i know I'm not the only one who understands that when we let Chris Johnson go, that we take a step back in terms of competing in this division. People whine about his 8 million dollar salary but between Whitehurst and Woodyard, thats 8 Million right there. Chris still accounted for nearly 1500 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, so don't tell me that he is done, don't tell me he isn't worth the money. He is the most explosive RB this team has ever seen and is probably the all time great in terms of Home Run threat at the RB position.

While i know his release is imminent, i really don't look forward to sundays when we cant move the ball, because we have no playmaker at the running back position, and Jake will more than likely struggle, because he is essentially still a rookie, and to be honest has not shown much outside maybe 5 games in his career.

CJ Rant over. Just frustrated seeing my favorite Titan of all time, soon to be in another uniform, something that has become somewhat of a trademark of this franchise.

When will you come to the realization that your favorite player DOES NOT want to play for your favorite team anymore? Chris Johnson doesn't care if you're a fan of his. He doesn't want to play for the Tennessee Titans anymore.

**RIP Steve McNair**
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to check out Phillips or Ayers.

I would've liked Dixon or Woodley.

Did not want A. Smith.

Not a fan of the McClure or Woods signing.

I like what the Ravens have done. Every freaking year. They know what they're doing.

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:
Lol i know I'm not the only one who understands that when we let Chris Johnson go, that we take a step back in terms of competing in this division. People whine about his 8 million dollar salary but between Whitehurst and Woodyard, thats 8 Million right there. Chris still accounted for nearly 1500 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, so don't tell me that he is done, don't tell me he isn't worth the money. He is the most explosive RB this team has ever seen and is probably the all time great in terms of Home Run threat at the RB position.

While i know his release is imminent, i really don't look forward to sundays when we cant move the ball, because we have no playmaker at the running back position, and Jake will more than likely struggle, because he is essentially still a rookie, and to be honest has not shown much outside maybe 5 games in his career.

CJ Rant over. Just frustrated seeing my favorite Titan of all time, soon to be in another uniform, something that has become somewhat of a trademark of this franchise.

When will you come to the realization that your favorite player DOES NOT want to play for your favorite team anymore? Chris Johnson doesn't care if you're a fan of his. He doesn't want to play for the Tennessee Titans anymore.

By that logic we shouldn't root for individual players. Thats crap, according to you we should only root for players who care if we are fans of theirs? Lol @ you for thinking any of these players care about us. They care about themselves and thats not a bad thing, thats not even a selfish thing. Fans are completely fair weathered. The Tennessee Titans are nothing more than a paycheck to Chris, and i have no problem with that. It is his job why should he also have to love the team he plays for? Do you love your job? Why should he have to have a burning desire to play for a mediocre franchise? He has come in year after year and gotten it done, but if it makes you feel better to point a finger at someone by all means let it be Chris.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Okay, now sign:

Henry Melton
Anthony Spencer

Hey someone else on the Melton train with me. I don't see why he couldn't be a monster 5 technique.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Okay, now sign:

Henry Melton
Anthony Spencer

I would love to sign DRC and I wish we would, but not likely Sad
If we can get Pat Sims and Shaun Phillips for cheap I would be pretty happy.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 82 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 4 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 12 TKLS, 0 SACKS
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
BurheadTitans wrote:
While we were signing the great Michael Oher we let the Raider sign Antonio Smith, typical Titans Rolling Eyes

Antonio Smith is an assclown. I'm overjoyed that we didn't sign him.

Glad someone else sees it. Can't stand that gooncicle. No way I could have rooted for him. Even if he was on our team. I'd root for James Harrison before that guy.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfanatic59 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:

By that logic we shouldn't root for individual players. Thats crap, according to you we should only root for players who care if we are fans of theirs? Lol @ you for thinking any of these players care about us. They care about themselves and thats not a bad thing, thats not even a selfish thing. Fans are completely fair weathered. The Tennessee Titans are nothing more than a paycheck to Chris, and i have no problem with that. It is his job why should he also have to love the team he plays for? Do you love your job? Why should he have to have a burning desire to play for a mediocre franchise? He has come in year after year and gotten it done, but if it makes you feel better to point a finger at someone by all means let it be Chris.

What logic are you talking about? Yea you can root for individual players. I like alot of individual players. But I'm a Titans fan first. My favorite Titan of all time is Steve McNair, who was a TRUE face of a franchise, and he got treated much worse than CJ has when it was time to be shown the door. Alas, I'm still a Titans fan. Team will always trump individual players for me. When you claim to be a TITANS fan as indicated by your screen name "titansfanatic59" I going to assume that you are indeed a fan of the team. And yes I will assume that the team trumps a single player. I was a Titans fan before CJ, I will be one after CJ retires. If it doesn't then maybe your name should be "chrisjohnsonfanatic28" and you can roll with whoever his new team is.

And what exactly do you think I'm blaming CJ for? The fact that his play no longer matches his salary? That's just truth. And where did I imply that players should care about fans? I didn't. The reason I reiterate that CJ doesn't want to be in Nashville anymore is because alot of people think that since Chris is willing to take a paycut to get traded, that we can convince him to take a paycut to stay. That won't happen, because he wants to leave Nashville. I'm not upset about it, it is what it is. Others seem to want to fault the Titans because they are balking at paying 8 mil a year to a rb who averaged 3.8 ypc. I think that logic is asinine.

For the record, I do love my job and I have never once held out in protest to receive more money. And I dare say instructing 6th graders is a more daunting task than dodging linebackers.

As to why CJ should care about this mediocre franchise... maybe because they drafted him. Saw fit to pay him after his performance grossly eclipsed his rookie contract. And not only pay him, but broke the mold of how RBs are paid in order to pay him as a "playmaker" instead of just a great running back. Still saw fit to pay him for 3 mediocre seasons after signing it. Then last year, when faced with the option of cutting him after two years, they saw fit instead to devote a huge contract and 2 draft picks towards revamping the interior o-line that he complained about.

Best of luck to Chris. Curious to see what he has left. But I'm ready to move on.

**RIP Steve McNair**
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best I understand if/when we cut CJ, and one of Fokou/McCarthy we'll have about 18 million in cap space.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:

What logic are you talking about? Yea you can root for individual players. I like alot of individual players. But I'm a Titans fan first. My favorite Titan of all time is Steve McNair, who was a TRUE face of a franchise, and he got treated much worse than CJ has when it was time to be shown the door. Alas, I'm still a Titans fan. Team will always trump individual players for me. When you claim to be a TITANS fan as indicated by your screen name "titansfanatic59" I going to assume that you are indeed a fan of the team. And yes I will assume that the team trumps a single player. I was a Titans fan before CJ, I will be one after CJ retires. If it doesn't then maybe your name should be "chrisjohnsonfanatic28" and you can roll with whoever his new team is.

And what exactly do you think I'm blaming CJ for? The fact that his play no longer matches his salary? That's just truth. And where did I imply that players should care about fans? I didn't. The reason I reiterate that CJ doesn't want to be in Nashville anymore is because alot of people think that since Chris is willing to take a paycut to get traded, that we can convince him to take a paycut to stay. That won't happen, because he wants to leave Nashville. I'm not upset about it, it is what it is. Others seem to want to fault the Titans because they are balking at paying 8 mil a year to a rb who averaged 3.8 ypc. I think that logic is asinine.

For the record, I do love my job and I have never once held out in protest to receive more money. And I dare say instructing 6th graders is a more daunting task than dodging linebackers.

As to why CJ should care about this mediocre franchise... maybe because they drafted him. Saw fit to pay him after his performance grossly eclipsed his rookie contract. And not only pay him, but broke the mold of how RBs are paid in order to pay him as a "playmaker" instead of just a great running back. Still saw fit to pay him for 3 mediocre seasons after signing it. Then last year, when faced with the option of cutting him after two years, they saw fit instead to devote a huge contract and 2 draft picks towards revamping the interior o-line that he complained about.

Best of luck to Chris. Curious to see what he has left. But I'm ready to move on.

And end of discussion......lol

Also I would challenge CJ to discuss body image with 6th grade girls...lol #counselorLife!
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:

I would love to sign DRC and I wish we would, but not likely Sad
If we can get Pat Sims and Shaun Phillips for cheap I would be pretty happy.

I would love DRC to.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
The best I understand if/when we cut CJ, and one of Fokou/McCarthy we'll have about 18 million in cap space.

That would be lovely. Lets cut CJ and Fokou.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:

Ill be rooting for Chris regardless of where he goes, hope he continues to churn out 1,000 yard seasons, that way he can really climb the all time rushing list. But as you said, i am a titans fan first, and i will always root for the team.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Anthony Dixon signed with the Bills for anybody that wanted him.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 49 of 61

Jump to: