Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Discussion Thread #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be opposed to taking Mack and putting him at de. Him and Johnson outside, McDonald/McCoy inside. Gholston/spence rotation in.

Can't argue with that.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd play Mack on the strong side and on passing downs out him opposite Johnson. Let him take advantage of slow footed rt's

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't foresee any situation where Mack slips to #7.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack is a special player and we'd be lucky to get him at 7. He's third on my BB after Teddy and Watkins. How many prospects have we seen that can be great as a full time MIKE and has the ability to put up 10+ sack seasons as an edge rusher? Between him, David, and McCoy alone we'd have a top five front 7 in the league.

Worse case for us, Bridgewater/Bortles/Watkins/Mack/Clowney are all gone. In this case, I'm torn between Ebron and Evans.

I don't think we'd target Barr. Lovie & Licht seem like they're going for a quick rebuild and he's too much of a project at this point.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of what I'm reading is if Blake goes 1, Mack is likely going 3 to Jacksonville. He's a perfect fit in the LEO defensive end spot.

A lot of what I've read says Teddy won't get past 7 to Tampa. Charlie Campbell who was with pewter report and works for walter football now, still has some credible sources inside one Buc. (I buy what he says bc he reported josh freeman , in preseason 2013 that freeman was having a ton of off the field personal issues that finally came out after he was benched)

There is a very good chance he's there for us at 7 Very Happy
tallflguy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJC wrote:
Mack is a special player and we'd be lucky to get him at 7. He's third on my BB after Teddy and Watkins. How many prospects have we seen that can be great as a full time MIKE and has the ability to put up 10+ sack seasons as an edge rusher? Between him, David, and McCoy alone we'd have a top five front 7 in the league.

Worse case for us, Bridgewater/Bortles/Watkins/Mack/Clowney are all gone. In this case, I'm torn between Ebron and Evans.

I don't think we'd target Barr. Lovie & Licht seem like they're going for a quick rebuild and he's too much of a project at this point.

In a situation like that I Licht might get lucky and be able to trade down, because under your scenario Johnny Football is still on the board and I'm pretty sure we could rob a desperate team of picks to draft him.

If we are able to move down, Ebron or Kelvin Benjamin would be great picks.
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
A lot of what I'm reading is if Blake goes 1, Mack is likely going 3 to Jacksonville. He's a perfect fit in the LEO defensive end spot.

A lot of what I've read says Teddy won't get past 7 to Tampa. Charlie Campbell who was with pewter report and works for walter football now, still has some credible sources inside one Buc. (I buy what he says bc he reported josh freeman , in preseason 2013 that freeman was having a ton of off the field personal issues that finally came out after he was benched)

There is a very good chance he's there for us at 7 Very Happy

The colts could have gotten a kings ransom for the #1 pick when Luck came out......just sayin Laughing Wink

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honesty think all this Teddy has small ankles and what not he's dropping to the 2nd round is bull. He's the top rated qb on most boards.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
I honesty think all this Teddy has small ankles and what not he's dropping to the 2nd round is bull. He's the top rated qb on most boards.

Exactly. All these "experts" on tv look at him and the only "weakness" they point to his "small frame". 6'3 215. Not small. Hasn't missed a start in hs and college. Isn't a "flashy" player.

If that's the only weakness it's all nit-picking. I hope he falls to Tampa. He shouldn't but front offices pass on certain qbs for the craziest reasons.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Completely agree. All of these draft boards that shift dramatically after the college season is over always make me laugh. What the hell changed? Unless there is some massive revelation about a prospect's character/medical they really shouldn't change that much. Film >>> everything else. ESPN and NFL Network do a great job of creating new narratives by adjusting draft boards and releasing mock drafts seemingly every week, but to be honest most of that stuff is garbage.

Bridgewater is the most pro ready QB in this draft. His size is really his only flaw. Everything else about him is so polished. From his vision, to his pocket presence, to his understanding of coverages and how to manipulate safeties...he's awesome.

If he falls to us it would be franchise changing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually a bit shocked that people buy into the bull about Bridgewater slipping. This happens literally every single year with certain prospects. EVERY. YEAR. A team picking a bit later wants a prospect badly and then suddenly rumours about aspects of their game "mysteriously" start floating around. 6'3 215 is small now? Jeez, I'm barely here.

Bridgewater probably goes #1 overall to the Texans, let's be honest here. They have a glaring need for a quarterback, and not only does Teddy have all the potential in the world, he can step in today and make them a contender. I would be absolutely shocked if they passed on him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I'm actually a bit shocked that people buy into the bull about Bridgewater slipping. This happens literally every single year with certain prospects. EVERY. YEAR. A team picking a bit later wants a prospect badly and then suddenly rumours about aspects of their game "mysteriously" start floating around. 6'3 215 is small now? Jeez, I'm barely here.

Bridgewater probably goes #1 overall to the Texans, let's be honest here. They have a glaring need for a quarterback, and not only does Teddy have all the potential in the world, he can step in today and make them a contender. I would be absolutely shocked if they passed on him.

I agree but I do buy truth into Houston loving Bortles as well. He's got the football iq and intangibles. He's not as polished as Teddy in terms of footwork and mechanics could use some tweaking but the Obrien /Oleary connection is there.
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

any truth to him weighing 188 towards the end of the season? im pretty sure i heard/read that somewhere.

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I agree but I do buy truth into Houston loving Bortles as well. He's got the football iq and intangibles. He's not as polished as Teddy in terms of footwork and mechanics could use some tweaking but the Obrien /Oleary connection is there.

That much I can buy into, but all this stuff about Teddy slipping? Nope, don't see it. It's completely transparent that some team is floating these rumours out there, he's never missed a game and suddenly he's fragile? Hell, I could see that team being us!

Texans could go with Bortles, but then either some team will trade into #2 or the Jags take him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

That much I can buy into, but all this stuff about Teddy slipping? Nope, don't see it. It's completely transparent that some team is floating these rumours out there, he's never missed a game and suddenly he's fragile? Hell, I could see that team being us!

Texans could go with Bortles, but then either some team will trade into #2 or the Jags take him.

Its the worry about how that translates to the next level. Sure that build held up in college, but can it sustain an NFL type beating?

If every prospect was what they were in college, there wouldnt be any bust.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 64 of 100

Jump to: