Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daily Mock 3/14/2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaunp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Daily Mock 3/14/2014 Reply with quote

FA signees and hopeful

Donte Whitner SS - he and Ward are similar but Whitner brings better coverage and leadership, he mows what it takes to win.

Karlos Dansby ILB - similar to DQ, good leader and always around the ball, just better in coverage.

Jim Dray TE - decent hands great blocker, I guess we won't draft Arthur Lynch.

Aandrew Hawkins WR - slot guy who can't turn nothing into a whole lot.

Ben Tate RB - not finalized yet, but I imagine he will sign today hopefully.

Draft
Houston- Khalil Mack LB Buffalo
Rams- Clowney DE South Carolina
Jags- Johnny Manziel QB TX A&M
MIN- Bortles QB UCF - traded own 2 and 4th and next years 2nd for our 4th
Oak- Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
ATL - Greg Robinson OT Auburn
TB- Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

CLE - 1 Mike Evans WR TX A&M - big,fast, and catches with ease, brings attitude to the offense.

1b Ryan Shazier LB OSU - moves inside and takes over Robertson spot, Lavontae David clone.

2 David Yankee G Stanford - Hole Puncher

2b Kyle Fuller CB VT - first round talent fell due to pick ups in free agency

3 A.J. McCarron QB Alabama - underrated, not fancy but wins and surrounded with good talent he could continue to win.

3b Marcus Smith DE Louisville - 14 sacks last season, great motor.

4 Isaiah Crowell RB Alabama State - very talented, great vision, good compliment to Tate.

4b Cameron Fleming OT Stanford - depth, Shwartz possibly moves to G

5 Logan Thomas QB VT - would be great in a Shannahan read option offense, inconsistent but worth the risk.

6 L'Damien Washington WR Mizzu - good reciever at 6'4 he has a thin frame would like him to add weight, good develop into a good 3rd option.

7 Ryan Hewitt FB Stanford - Hole Puncher

Traded the Xtra 4th for a third next year.
mark83

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the way the mock draft shakes out I would much rather have Bridgewater. That one year we had 3 2nd rounders and they amounted to nothing. We had 2 first rounders a couple of years ago and neither one of them are with us anymore. We need to quit trying to be cute with our picks and trading down to pick up more because quantity is not better than quality. We already have 10 picks this year. I wouldn't mind trading our 2nd 1st round pick to a team for say their 2nd this year and 1st next. We need a franchise QB and I don't think AJ is that guy. I think Bridgewater has all the tools to succeed. If we go the way you go and we suck the first thing out of everyone's mouth would be we need a franchise QB and until we find one we will not compete.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark83 wrote:
With the way the mock draft shakes out I would much rather have Bridgewater. That one year we had 3 2nd rounders and they amounted to nothing. We had 2 first rounders a couple of years ago and neither one of them are with us anymore. We need to quit trying to be cute with our picks and trading down to pick up more because quantity is not better than quality. We already have 10 picks this year. I wouldn't mind trading our 2nd 1st round pick to a team for say their 2nd this year and 1st next. We need a franchise QB and I don't think AJ is that guy. I think Bridgewater has all the tools to succeed. If we go the way you go and we suck the first thing out of everyone's mouth would be we need a franchise QB and until we find one we will not compete.

Trading 26 for an Xtra 2nd isn't a bad thought, and yes until we win we will be criticized, I like Bridgewater but he scares me with his thin legs especially around the knee area, QB is the most important but I'm sure I'll have another mock with a scenario with QB at 4
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's not to like?

Excellent, however I do prefer a different QB option as the ceiling on AJ is journeyman and we need more potential.
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like McCarron or Thomas at all, would rather draft Jimmy G., Fales, or no QB at all then draft those two and I've quite a few people say that Yankey isn't a fit for Shanahan's zone blocking scheme
mark83

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaunp wrote:
mark83 wrote:

Trading 26 for an Xtra 2nd isn't a bad thought, and yes until we win we will be criticized, I like Bridgewater but he scares me with his thin legs especially around the knee area, QB is the most important but I'm sure I'll have another mock with a scenario with QB at 4

I know that is one of the knocks on him is he is thin. I think a year in the weight room in the NFL and to have a guy like Hoyer tutoring him would help him tremendously. I think Brady's work ethic rubbed off on Hoyer and that will only benefit our next QB to be around him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If bortles or Teddy is there at #4, no way we trade out of that IMO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

I like this.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: