Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post FA Day One Targets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:
I honestly don't think we've changed our off season ways. I'm starting to believe that players and agents probably just don't want to come here with how dysfunctional we havebeen. Because you have seen all the reports saying we're interested in people and then they sign elsewhere.

Bruce Allen has been really good about not leaking targets to the press. With Cerrato everyone we wanted was known weeks before the FA market and Draft started.

I think the reports saying we are interested in someone are created by that player and his agent because the general public (including players and agents) still seem to think this is the team we were 5 years ago and we'll overpay for anyone. It's a way to force the team they are really going to sign with to give them more money.

Really, if you hear something (especially before the draft or before FA starts) it's almost never true anymore. When Gibbs v2 was here you knew EXACTLY who we were drafting in almost every round and you knew before FA who we were after. It really diminished out power in negotiations.

This is actually a really good point.

Who were we supposed to be after? All the big names. Who did we target? Focused selections that no one saw coming.

Honestly, I think that most of this sturm und drang (look it up) is due solely to Bruce Allen saying we were going to be very active in free agency. The one area where they really failed was setting expectations correctly.
Dashing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan clark and kednn britt are my targets im also opened for brandon Browner hes too physical to not try and get .
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Ryan clark and kednn britt are my targets im also opened for brandon Browner hes too physical to not try and get .

Only problem with Browner is that he's suspended for the first four games of next season.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Only problem with Browner is that he's suspended for the first four games of next season.

If he's worth it, you ride through that and also include some incentives in the contract to make sure it doesn't happen again

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
Dashing wrote:

If he's worth it, you ride through that and also include some incentives in the contract to make sure it doesn't happen again

This is true. Since the second tier corner market is starting to dry up, I'd be cool with this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: