Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins choose not to carry over 1.3 million cap space
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 1m
#Redskins GM Bruce Allen simply answered "wrong " to an @ESPNRadio980 request for clarity on @USATODAYsports report of non 1.3 cap rollover
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read we didn't have nearly that much to roll over. The 1.3 amount wasn't correct
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Quote:
Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 1m
#Redskins GM Bruce Allen simply answered "wrong " to an @ESPNRadio980 request for clarity on @USATODAYsports report of non 1.3 cap rollover

Then what is the amount Chris? It shouldn't be a secret unless it was messed up like the original report highlighted. My guess is the original report is close to be correct and they are trying to manage a bad decision
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think sticking to principles is stupid. Many times there is a penalty for it. However the reports that this is false are starting to trickle.

Also, with the league lying to the team about after accepting written contracts how do you Ever trust them?

Trying to clear the space and be done is better than hearing about some BS from a crooked league and union when you have racked up another 10-20 Million in dead cap.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we were actually 800k OVER the cap and that amount is taken off this year.

- mike23md on the sig!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Sounds like we were actually 800k OVER the cap and that amount is taken off this year.

I wouldn't think the League would permit a team to be OVER the cap.. this is all crazy ..
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

I wouldn't think the League would permit a team to be OVER the cap.. this is all crazy ..

It's because players reached incentives that were probably deemed unattainable. Apparently us, the Giants, and the Rams were culprits. It happens.

- mike23md on the sig!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

It's because players reached incentives that were probably deemed unattainable. Apparently us, the Giants, and the Rams were culprits. It happens.

Yup. They just deduct it from the following year's cap #

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Wonder who besides Pierre Garcon could have reached

any incentives
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of them are workout clauses, very small milestones to cover injuries (like get 100 yards receiving), etc. So I've read.

- mike23md on the sig!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
BTW --The time on the postings is still pre- daylight savings..

The board does not automatically switch for Daylight Savings Time(*). You need to manually change your time. Click on Profile at the top of the page, scroll down until you see Timezone, and then adjust your time accordingly. For instance, if you are in the Eastern Time Zone, you would have been on GMT -5 before Daylight Savings, now you are GMT -4.

(*) If you want to know why, go look up the rules for Daylight Savings Time around the world and then try to codify that in PHP.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

The board does not automatically switch for Daylight Savings Time(*). You need to manually change your time. Click on Profile at the top of the page, scroll down until you see Timezone, and then adjust your time accordingly. For instance, if you are in the Eastern Time Zone, you would have been on GMT -5 before Daylight Savings, now you are GMT -4.

(*) If you want to know why, go look up the rules for Daylight Savings Time around the world and then try to codify that in PHP.

Thank you--I fully accept what you say ..but..I've been on the Forum 7 years ,,I have Never had to to rest the time. Think
Turtle, If you read this --Your time was correct -- did you have to reset it ?--just curious ..
I made the change as advised by Woz-- all oK now .
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
@MikeJonesWaPo 1m
I'm told that the report that the #Redskins chose not to roll $1.3M in unused cap space to this year is false.

Man I hope so. There's one thing in making a point. There's another if it hurts you more than hurting the other party.

I don't know, it also hurts the players union who were apparently complicit in the penalty. So IF the Skins are being petty a good way to do it would be to not pay the players an extra 1.3 million dollars because helps the union.

Personally, I hope they aren't being petty.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Woz wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Thank you--I fully accept what you say ..but..I've been on the Forum 7 years ,,I have Never had to to rest the time. Think
Turtle, If you read this --Your time was correct -- did you have to reset it ?--just curious ..
I made the change as advised by Woz-- all oK now .
maybe my time was wrong before?

I don't know.

I saw Rich Tandler said we have 12 million in cap space before the Porter signing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
@MikeJonesWaPo 1m
I'm told that the report that the #Redskins chose not to roll $1.3M in unused cap space to this year is false.

Man I hope so. There's one thing in making a point. There's another if it hurts you more than hurting the other party.

I don't know, it also hurts the players union who were apparently complicit in the penalty. So IF the Skins are being petty a good way to do it would be to not pay the players an extra 1.3 million dollars because helps the union.

Personally, I hope they aren't being petty.

It doesn't really hurt the player's union, if they don't spend over the cap minimum. If they don't, they have to pay the difference to the players anyway.

Of course, if they are above the minimum, then I guess you could spite the players. Of course, the ones you are picking on are the ones who suffered with you through the cap penalty by and large.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: