Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Watkins VS Evans
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many WRs to be had.

I like Cooks a lot, I saw him play one time (I think they were destroying a team) and he reminded me of Steve Smith of the Panthers. I like the LSU guys too, as well as Moncrief and Matthews.

No reason we can't get a good WR and RB!
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer Watkins because I think he'd do a better job running the short/mid routes that we've badly been missing in our offense because of the perennial suckage of Greg Little and the whiff on Davone Bess. I'd consider Evans maybe if he fell to the 26th but I have no interest in trading back for him.
kjmercer17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Shaunp wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Gordon's already got the straight line ability, we need a compliment that runs crisp routes and can go across the middle. Odell Beckham/Davante Adams are still my two favorites for 1b.
I would love to grab Beckham at 26 to me he's very similar to Watkins, Beckham was in more of a pro offense.

I think Cook from OK St could be great in NFL offense. He was pretty amazing this past season and has looked even better at the combine
Bruno, I'm wit you! He was fantastic today! He looks like a Philly WR. We need speed and hands. 2nd maybe a 3rd.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
1. It's one workout
2. Tape says it all
3. We don't ever play the Seahawks

I'm still taking Watkins over Evans all day. These drills are a lot harder when there's someone lining up across from you.

+ 1

that is all

mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why i hate combine hype. So since a guy ran a 4.5, which is still very fast, verse a 4.25, he's no longer your top prospect. 40 times do not mean a thing. I dont care how fast a guy can run in a straight line with no pads on, give me the guy who can play football.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
This is why i hate combine hype. So since a guy ran a 4.5, which is still very fast, verse a 4.25, he's no longer your top prospect. 40 times do not mean a thing. I dont care how fast a guy can run in a straight line with no pads on, give me the guy who can play football.

I dont think ppl want Evans because he runs a 4.5. They want the WR who is 6'5 225+, has amazing game tape and just happen to run a 4.5. People were afraid that he might be slower then expected but in reality he was faster than expect.

Is watkins still the #1 WR? Yes but is he the hands down favorite? Nope. Its not like Evans is getting the hype now because he ran a 4.5, he was always considered one of the best WRs in the class but after what he showed at the combine with his running, catching, and interviews.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watkins is considered by almost everyone to be the top WR prospect in this draft class and has drawn comparisons to AJ Green and Julio Jones.

Give me him all day long.

Evans is very good, but is not the prospect that Watkins is IMO.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
Watkins is considered by almost everyone to be the top WR prospect in this draft class and has drawn comparisons to AJ Green and Julio Jones.

Give me him all day long.

Evans is very good, but is not the prospect that Watkins is IMO.

I dont know, I never saw any kind of AJ Green or Jones in Watkins. I wanted AJ Green so bad the year he came out but Cincy got him first. I watched a lot of Green highlights that year and I dont get the same feeling watching Watkins like I did watching Green. The one thing I loved about Green was his ability to attack the ball when it was in the area. I see more AJ Green in Evans than I do in Watkins. During the season you saw Manziel throw a lot of jump balls around Evans because he knew he was gonna go up and when those battles.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally like the bigger wideouts but Watkins is my favorite smaller WR in a long time .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000333030/article/on-the-clock-qa-with-former-texas-am-wr-mike-evans

Good Mike Evans interview here. I would love to have this dude on the team opposite Gordon. He's a monster.
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000333030/article/on-the-clock-qa-with-former-texas-am-wr-mike-evans

Good Mike Evans interview here. I would love to have this dude on the team opposite Gordon. He's a monster.

To me Evans is the ideal type outside WR. Runs good routes and has great size. You have him wokring 1on1 with a DB and he should come down with the pass every time

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just imagine when Evans becomes more seasoned as a route runner how badly he would abuse DB's. Imagine if he had a guy like Buster Skrine on him. I'm indifferent, I'd be good with both, they both play physical. Whoever would be our slot would have so many favorable matchups it would be crazy.

PSN: bench515lbs
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need at least 2 and more likely 3 WR's: WR, slot, backup.

Benjamin showed some game.

This draft is deep with Watkins and Evans at the top. Watkins at this stage is significantly better and the question is does Evans potential overshadow this receiver who is most dangerous after he catches the rock.

I think we draft WR as a function of our board. Right now, it looks like Watkins or trade down for Evans as these two guys are playmakers.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigdogsandiego wrote:
We need at least 2 and more likely 3 WR's: WR, slot, backup.

Benjamin showed some game.

This draft is deep with Watkins and Evans at the top. Watkins at this stage is significantly better and the question is does Evans potential overshadow this receiver who is most dangerous after he catches the rock.

I think we draft WR as a function of our board. Right now, it looks like Watkins or trade down for Evans as these two guys are playmakers.

I'll be honest I haven't seen a lot of Watkins as I think I only caught 2 Clemson games on TV over here, so I can't really say for sure what I think of him. The consensus sure sounds good though.

I saw most A&M games and to me Evans was just incredible. He has a propensity for pushing off at times but I think it looked worse and was easier to call in college because the little guys he was up against made it look as if they were ragdolled Laughing

I see Evans as a perfect foil to Gordon though. Physical, chain mover who is unstoppable 1 on 1 especially against a #2CB. And he can go deep, block great, line up inline at times with Cameron to cause chaos. Gordon and Evans on the outside with Edleman and Cameron inside sounds to me like a monster offense if we have a QB who can make full use of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: