Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gabbert Traded to 49ers For 6th Rounder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD4MVP5455 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
let me know how they turn out, i think i def. wanna get one, just want to hear what everyone has to say with the finished product. Not aware of BCD
It's ran by the same guy who does the designs for Bold City Brigade, it's his little design thing. I don't foresee any issues, he works with a quality company to produce the merchandise.

Alright, well if I dont lose my shirt at Atlantic City this weekend, then I will definitely buy one. Its too damn funny

Then again if you do lose your shirt you will need a new one Laughing

Touche sir! Applause

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye my sweet prince.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Vino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Vino wrote:
If they were considering it seriously I think he could have worded that differently. He made it sound explicitly like they were not going to take one in the first round. He could have left out all that stuff about sitting the QB, Henne being the starter, etc without tipping people what our plans in the draft are. I think if they were seriously planning to draft a QB in the first round, he would be leaving the door open to starting them. He says they are committed to Henne being the starter regardless of whether they draft one. This also implies the organization doesn't think of the QBs will be ready to start from day 1 which corroborates with what O'Halloran and DiRocco have been saying the past couple weeks.

Sure it's not set in stone, but if I had to bet a ton of money today on what will happen May 8th, I'd bet against us taking a QB and on us taking Khalil Mack.
I seriously doubt that Dave wont start a rookie because of something He said in a conference call in March. He's covering his bases just in case his QB isn't there He can say Henne was always the plan. And if they do draft a QB early they can play him when he's ready. Probably 3-5 weeks in after Henne [inappropriate/removed] the bed.
You're implying that his QB is there at all. I remember last year when they were talking about the need for offensive tackles everyone was calling it a smokescreen and there was no way we'd pass on Geno. Well they weren't blowing smoke then. We'll see.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Vino wrote:
If they were considering it seriously I think he could have worded that differently. He made it sound explicitly like they were not going to take one in the first round. He could have left out all that stuff about sitting the QB, Henne being the starter, etc without tipping people what our plans in the draft are. I think if they were seriously planning to draft a QB in the first round, he would be leaving the door open to starting them. He says they are committed to Henne being the starter regardless of whether they draft one. This also implies the organization doesn't think of the QBs will be ready to start from day 1 which corroborates with what O'Halloran and DiRocco have been saying the past couple weeks.

Sure it's not set in stone, but if I had to bet a ton of money today on what will happen May 8th, I'd bet against us taking a QB and on us taking Khalil Mack.
I seriously doubt that Dave wont start a rookie because of something He said in a conference call in March. He's covering his bases just in case his QB isn't there He can say Henne was always the plan. And if they do draft a QB early they can play him when he's ready. Probably 3-5 weeks in after Henne [inappropriate/removed] the bed.
You're implying that his QB is there at all. I remember last year when they were talking about the need for offensive tackles everyone was calling it a smokescreen and there was no way we'd pass on Geno. Well they weren't blowing smoke then. We'll see.

Ehh, I think last year (even though some of us wanted to think differently) it was glaringly obvious that an OT was the pick. This year, there is 2 premier defensive players (Clowney/Mack) and a few top of the line QB's (Bridgewater, Bortles, and although I don't agree with it sounds like Manziel as well). I think it's going to be pretty tough to tell who we go with unless we know who Houston takes for sure.

You won't hear me complaining if Mack or Clowney is a Jaguar', but I'm still holding out hope for Bridgewater. With all these FA signings and 10 other draft picks outside of Bridgewater if we would indeed take him...I really think this team could make some noise. Not playoffs, but an 8-8 record or close to it? Wouldn't surprise me at all. If we have to roll with Henne all year next year though (which is likely if we don't go QB in round 1 imo), I don't see how we get more than 5-6 wins tops.

#BortlesKombat
Vino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you're talking like Bridgewater and Bortles (and Manziel) being top of the line QBs is a consensus in the league...which it isn't. None of these guys are viewed as can't miss types. Their situations don't appear to be that different to me than Geno and EJ's last year honestly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
Well you're talking like Bridgewater and Bortles (and Manziel) being top of the line QBs is a consensus in the league...which it isn't. None of these guys are viewed as can't miss types. Their situations don't appear to be that different to me than Geno and EJ's last year honestly.

No prospect is can't miss. I never said any of them were. Bridgewater's situation is much different than any of the QB's from last year. Just like most every year, when there is a consensus on a guy before the season ends people want to pick "a new flavor of the month". There is literally no reason at all that Bridgewater shouldn't be viewed as a top prospect in this draft. He was good all year, lit it up at his bowl game against Miami, etc.

Truthfully though, none of us know exactly who is at the top of teams boards. It's pretty evident that most people view Bridgewater/Bortles as 2 high end prospects, and being QB's, they certainly would make sense to likely go high in this draft. With our need at QB, I don't see how anyone can say that there isn't a strong possibility of one of them coming here.

#BortlesKombat
sadjag

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Vino wrote:

You're right, Dave could very well not like any QB. I'm of the opinion that Clowney and Teddy are a cut above their peers and if either of them is there they'll be pick the pick and in that order.

But that's just what I would do an there's no reason too believe that Dave thinks the same way. There is also no reason too think Dave believes whatever the media group-think happens too be this week.

After last years draft analysts are afraid too take strong stands on QB's. The football media is still suffering from "Well He's not an Andrew Luck"-itis. Teddy and Bortles are both a cut above anyone from last years draft and Teddy is above Bortles too me it's fairly cut and dry.

Some people like upside prospects and rate Bortles higher. But Blaine Gabbert has forever ruined me on "He has all the tools" types at all positions. I'll take the better football player all day everyday. I'd take Mack over Barr quite confidently for this reason.

I'm not comparing Blaine and Bortles as prospects just saying they are both seen as upside guys. I really like Bortles and think He'll be good just not at 3.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Vino wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Vino wrote:

You're right, Dave could very well not like any QB. I'm of the opinion that Clowney and Teddy are a cut above their peers and if either of them is there they'll be pick the pick and in that order.

But that's just what I would do an there's no reason too believe that Dave thinks the same way. There is also no reason too think Dave believes whatever the media group-think happens too be this week.

After last years draft analysts are afraid too take strong stands on QB's. The football media is still suffering from "Well He's not an Andrew Luck"-itis. Teddy and Bortles are both a cut above anyone from last years draft and Teddy is above Bortles too me it's fairly cut and dry.

Some people like upside prospects and rate Bortles higher. But Blaine Gabbert has forever ruined me on "He has all the tools" types at all positions. I'll take the better football player all day everyday. I'd take Mack over Barr quite confidently for this reason.

I'm not comparing Blaine and Bortles as prospects just saying they are both seen as upside guys. I really like Bortles and think He'll be good just not at 3.

For me, Bortles is a Tannehill type prospect. They're not the same player obviously, but it's that same category of guys who have tools but have also shown some football qualities to go along with that (though to a limited enough extent that it is cause for concern).

Gabbert on the other hand, was a pure projection pick. Even more so than Tannehill i'd argue.

And honestly, at the time i was thrilled with the Gabbert pick. It was a huge risk, but with the potential for huge reward. There was the potential there to win big. Obviously it didn't work out that way...at all. It worked out as a 6th round pick. Laughing And like you, i have definitely allowed it to influence my perceptions of some prospects moving forward. It's forced me to really re-evaluate how i feel about that risk/reward ratio, especially with regards to high picks. But it's not going to push me to completely rule out those "high potential" picks altogether.

And as far as this draft goes in that regard...

to me Bridgewater is not only a prospect with a higher ceiling than Geno Smith last year, but also comes with nowhere near the same risk/reward ratio. Even Bortles is a much "safer" prospect than Geno imo, but with better physical tools and those all important "intangibles", for a higher upside. It's why i have them both well ahead of where i had Geno Smith last year. It's not just some arbitrary flavour of the month thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: