Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Starks could be rejoining Miami

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Starks could be rejoining Miami Reply with quote

Starks coming home ??

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/03/12/report-starks-close-to-returning-to-miami/
candyman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I'm reading says that it is probably a 2 yr $11M deal, which seems like a great value, compared with the money Soliai got. A rotation of Odrick, Starks, Mitchell should still be one of the leagues' best.

It really never crossed my mind that Starks was a candidate to be resigned, everything that happened in the last year, made it seem like he was good as gone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is back for another season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like we will be pretty much set on defense. It wont always be pretty but it is what it is. If we didnt sign another person on def it be pretty much the same minus solia, carrol/patterson, and clemons. Solia is the only one we might miss and maybe the patterson if the 2 former rooks stink it up.

we will prolly still draft a few guys on def, but hopefully they focus on offense now. We desperately need some Gs and a RT.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp after all his whining last season I guess now he discovered what his value is on the open market. Getting him back for half the price of Soliai would be considered a win in my book.

Remember, the team is going to need to extend or resign Odrick after this coming season.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm generally pleased with this move. I am, at he same time surprised that he hadn't worn out his welcome in Miami, but the fact us retaining Starks makes us a better team in my opinion than if he were allowed to sign elsewhere. Good move Hickey!
candyman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2/12 the deal for Starks, still very surprised that he took a 2 year deal at that APY.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I'm generally pleased with this move. I am, at he same time surprised that he hadn't worn out his welcome in Miami, but the fact us retaining Starks makes us a better team in my opinion than if he were allowed to sign elsewhere. Good move Hickey!

Agreed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: