Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Verner to Bucs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25151
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I feel like I missed something this season. Where did all of this confidence in BWW come from? Laughing


I think they meant Sensabaugh who's a good NB. I have my doubts about both BWW and Sensabaugh as #2 CBs but In no way would I draft a CB in the 1st.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EddieGeorge27


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 5077
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to miss Verner, loved him as a Titan. I'll be cheering for him. He is definitely going to thrive with Lovie in Tampa he fits the tampa 2 perfectly
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NhTitan


Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Posts: 418
Location: Nh
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sensabaugh was pretty real good last year, and to be honest Verner got burned quite a bit.

I think we draft another corner in the late rounds.

Antoine Exum please
_________________
Tennessee Titans General Manager
NFL Total Control
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8492
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NhTitan wrote:
I think Sensabaugh was pretty real good last year, and to be honest Verner got burned quite a bit.

I think we draft another corner in the late rounds.

Antoine Exum please


He would be one of my major targets from the 5th round on....could give us at worst depth at corner and safety
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OwNaGe


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 1585
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh this team disappoints me so much. Sometimes I actually hate the team. Brick wall
_________________


My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OwNaGe


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 1585
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I feel like I missed something this season. Where did all of this confidence in BWW come from? Laughing


Because, outside of McCourtey thats all we have now.
_________________


My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 4021
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:
Ugh this team disappoints me so much. Sometimes I actually hate the team. Brick wall


Why? Because they said no to Verner's absolutely ridiculous demand of 8 million per? Laughing
_________________
2014 Adopted Titans:

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OwNaGe


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 1585
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
OwNaGe wrote:
Ugh this team disappoints me so much. Sometimes I actually hate the team. Brick wall


Why? Because they said no to Verner's absolutely ridiculous demand of 8 million per? Laughing


Which is totally what he got.
_________________


My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 4021
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
OwNaGe wrote:
Ugh this team disappoints me so much. Sometimes I actually hate the team. Brick wall


Why? Because they said no to Verner's absolutely ridiculous demand of 8 million per? Laughing


Which is totally what he got.


Titans told him to test the market after he asked for 8. Once he realized he wasn't going to get 8, he lowered his demands, and the Titans did try to sign him. Verner didn't want to come back, he wanted to go to Tampa.

Jim Wyatt's already said all of this.

Verner didn't want to be here. Plain and simple.
_________________
2014 Adopted Titans:

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OwNaGe


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 1585
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
OwNaGe wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
OwNaGe wrote:
Ugh this team disappoints me so much. Sometimes I actually hate the team. Brick wall


Why? Because they said no to Verner's absolutely ridiculous demand of 8 million per? Laughing


Which is totally what he got.


Titans told him to test the market after he asked for 8. Once he realized he wasn't going to get 8, he lowered his demands, and the Titans did try to sign him. Verner didn't want to come back, he wanted to go to Tampa.

Jim Wyatt's already said all of this.

Verner didn't want to be here. Plain and simple.



He thought 8 was reasonable. i'd be mad too if the team that drafted me didn't want to pay me. kinda disrespectful.
_________________


My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OwNaGe


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 1585
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know that we get to draft a CB with a much needed draft pick, a draft pick we could have used elsewhere.
_________________


My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 4021
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
OwNaGe wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
OwNaGe wrote:
Ugh this team disappoints me so much. Sometimes I actually hate the team. Brick wall


Why? Because they said no to Verner's absolutely ridiculous demand of 8 million per? Laughing


Which is totally what he got.


Titans told him to test the market after he asked for 8. Once he realized he wasn't going to get 8, he lowered his demands, and the Titans did try to sign him. Verner didn't want to come back, he wanted to go to Tampa.

Jim Wyatt's already said all of this.

Verner didn't want to be here. Plain and simple.



He thought 8 was reasonable. i'd be mad too if the team that drafted me didn't want to pay me. kinda disrespectful.


Not the organization's fault that a #2 CB who can't cover man to man to save his life wants 8 million a year...
_________________
2014 Adopted Titans:

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1737
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:
Good to know that we get to draft a CB with a much needed draft pick, a draft pick we could have used elsewhere.


Look, the FO made him a very fair deal, but Verner opted to go with Tampa. We hate to lose him, but this probably works best for both sides. Verner fits in Lovie Smith's Cover 2 scheme far better than he would in Horton's scheme which will require a lot of press coverage. I was (still am) a big fan of Verner and his skill set, but he still has his limits. Can't play press coverage, and gets burned on deep balls because he doesn't have good make-up speed when WRs get by him. That's why I said his best spot was at NB, and he really overachieved at the #2 spot. You can't blame the FO for not overpaying him because he's not a complete shutdown CB.
That means it's time for BWW or Sensabaugh to step up, or find someone better.

_________________
HEALTH STATEMENT: I'm not "fat", just well nutritioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3907
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy for Verner. The titans will only see him once every 4 years. He may break the mold of former Titans leaving Nashville and flopping in free agency. Good dude by all accounts and he choose to leave, so the front office is not to blame.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 13138
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting how there was some (warranted) assumptions here last year that Verner would eventually be a Bear because of Lovie. Well, Lovie got canned, hired by Tampa, and that's where Verner lands.

Verner will succeed in Lovie's style of D. Without a doubt in my mind. IMO, he will become a better player there than he would here. That said, I am OK with him in a new uniform and am not exactly mad that we didn't make a bigger effort to lock him down.
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group