Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Albert A Dolphin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryFinFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
Only contract off Monroe had on the table was the one the Ravens gave him.

Monroe was the last big 4 LT to sign and signed for the least.

Gotta be a reason that EVERY GM needing a LT felt he was the 4th best out of the group of 4.

I don't think it was necessarily he was the last big 4 on the board. I believe he had legitimate interest in wanting to re-sign with the Ravens.

Then why did he reject there offer before FA started?

And everyone keep saying Albert is 30, when he is 29 and wont be 30 till the end of this year, while Monroe turns 27 next month.

Not the 4 year difference everyone is playing it out to be, really only a 2 year difference.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryFinFan wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:

Gotta be a reason that EVERY GM needing a LT felt he was the 4th best out of the group of 4.

I don't think it was necessarily he was the last big 4 on the board. I believe he had legitimate interest in wanting to re-sign with the Ravens.

And everyone keep saying Albert is 30, when he is 29 and wont be 30 till the end of this year, while Monroe turns 27 next month.

Not the 4 year difference everyone is playing it out to be, really only a 2 year difference.

Word is he signed right before FA started

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:

Been watching twitter feeds from the top reporters all day, haven't seen anything like that.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryFinFan wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:

Been watching twitter feeds from the top reporters all day, haven't seen anything like that.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 45m
Ravens' deal at deadline with Eugene Monroe, same way it did deals for Ngata, Rice, Suggs. And it was at the offer Baltimore made a week ago

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what it comes down to is Albert was willing to come here seeing as he lives here but at a higher price when the others, most likely didn't. Every other tackle signed for less to play elsewhere but there is no guarantee that they would have accepted an offer like that from us. I think it goes beyond the bully scandal, this is a franchise that players don't want to be a part of right now because it seems dysfunctional. A solid season will change all of that.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:

Yeah they mutually agreed he was staying a few days ago
candyman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert's contract breakdown

5 years/$47M, $8.5M SB, $25M guaranteed

Year 1: $2.5M base salary (guaranteed), $1.7M bonus, $25K workout bonus - $4.225k Cap hit
Year 2: $9M base salary (guaranteed), $1.7M bonus, $25K workout bonus - $10.725M Cap hit
Year 3: $8.425M base salary( probably $5M guaranteed), $1.7M bonus, $25K workout bonus - $10.15M Cap hit
Year 4: $8.875M base salary, $1.7M bonus, $25K workout bonus - $10.6M Cap hit
Year 5: $9.575M base salary, $1.7M bonus, $25K workout bonus - $11.3M Cap hit

http://www.overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Branden%20Albert&Position=LT&Team=Dolphins

This is esentially a 3/$25M deal for Albert (because you can cut or restructure him after year 3 with very little penalties), which I don't dislike it at all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
Albert's contract breakdown

5 years/$47M, $8.5M SB, $25M guaranteed

Year 1: $2.5M base salary (guaranteed), $1.7M bonus, $25K workout bonus - $4.225k Cap hit
Year 2: $9M base salary (guaranteed), $1.7M bonus, $25K workout bonus - $10.725M Cap hit
Year 3: $8.425M base salary( probably $5M guaranteed), $1.7M bonus, $25K workout bonus - $10.15M Cap hit
Year 4: $8.875M base salary, $1.7M bonus, $25K workout bonus - $10.6M Cap hit
Year 5: $9.575M base salary, $1.7M bonus, $25K workout bonus - $11.3M Cap hit

http://www.overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Branden%20Albert&Position=LT&Team=Dolphins

This is esentially a 3/$25M deal for Albert (because you can cut or restructure him after year 3 with very little penalties), which I don't dislike it at all.
From what I read it equals out for him to be about the 9 highest contract among tackles which puts him exactly where he is a fringe top 10 tackle. Good signing and to be honest we are 33 mil under the cap so who cares if its to much to some
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL1ozjKOuvw

This is last off-season....I do believe his training facility posted a video (or tweeted one) of him doing the same this off-season...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with it, the Best LT in FA. and even at 29/30 If he can hold the spot for 3 years maybe get a LT in next two years in the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: