Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dream Scenario Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KevinMack34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Dream Scenario Mock Reply with quote

I tried to make this as reasonable as possible. I used the CBS projects and every pick falls within their ranges.

First, we match any offer Mack agrees too. Can't lose this guy.

Second, T.J. Ward is re-signed.

Free Agents: I think the Browns spend some money, I really do. We have the cap space and I think Haslam wants to make a splash after the rough off season.

Jairus Bryd, FS, Buffalo- Our #1 target, knows the system and is a big time position of need. Just too perfect of a fit.

Rashad Jennings, RB, Jacksonville- Cheap and a position of need. In today's NFL the saying of you need "a pair and a spare" of Rb's is really true. He comes in to compete for the starting position. He has been very good in limited action playing behind MJD in Jacksonville.

Lance Moore, WR, New Orleans- The Toledo product comes home. He is a little older (31) than when we signed him as an undrafted Free Agent in 2005, but will come cheap. He is a polished route runner known for excellent hands. He can lineup in the slot or on the outside. He is what we hoped Bess would have been.

Geoff Schwartz, OG, Kansas City- May the Schwartz be with you. We pair him with his brother and solidify the right side of the line...hopefully.

Draft:

1st #4- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson. Pairing him with Josh and Jordan is a scary proposition for defenses.

1st #26- C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama. I know he is projected to go somewhere around 15-30. So, I understand it may be a bit lucky for him to fall here, but it is not out of the realm by any stretch. In fact Walter's has a mock up currently with us taking Mosley here, also on CBS's Mock they have Mosley falling to us here. It would be amazing. Best player available meets position of need.

2nd, #35- Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois. Accuracy, Accuracy, Accuracy. We start the year with Hoyer, but Garoppolo looks a little Brees like to me. I like him a lot and I think the Browns do too. None of the other Qb's speak to me when I watch them.

3rd, #71- Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood. Kid is a baller, good size, needs some polish. Give him about 6-8 weeks and he will displace Buster as the CB #2.

3rd, # 83- Yarwin Smallwood, ILB, UConn. Difficult to draft and start two rookies at ILB, but I think paring these two together will be dynamic for years to come. They complement each other's styles and would drastically improve the Defense.

4th, #104- Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor. The best value in the draft can routinely be found at RB. We are in the position where we have to find value (just too many positions of need). I know a lot of you guys want to use a 2nd rounder on Hyde or Carey and to be perfectly honest I like those guys too. However, we can get an explosive one cut RB right here in the 4th round to join Jennings and Lewis to take our backfield in a very positive direction.

4th, #124- C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa. I am a bit shocked to see C.J. going this low, but a lot of TE's have jumped him. C.J. is a mountain at 6'6" and an excellent blocker. He will have an 8-10 year productive NFL career, while he may never be an all pro, to get him at #124 is a steal.

5th, #139- James Hurst, OT, North Carolina. This guy at one point was projected to go in the 2nd-3rd round. He has injury concerns, but can play OG/OT. Interesting enough his NFL comparison on CBS is Mitchell Schwartz. He was a 5 star guy out of high school and started at OT right away. He is a solid player, who while I am not as confident he will have a long NFL career like I am with C.J. Fiedorowicz, I think he has a really good shot of being an NFL starter and contributor for many years. He set a school record with 49 career starts at UNC (all at LT).

6th, #178- J.C. Copeland, FB, LSU. A converted defensive lineman, he lays the wood as a lead blocker and is great in short yardage. He will also be a special teams demon.

7th, #216- Andrew Norwell, OG, Ohio State. Okay, this is a homer pick. I will admit it. However, I also think it is a very good pick. This is another 5 star recruit out of high school, who started a ton of games and played at a high level. I am so tired of needing an OG, that bringing in a guy with his ceiling in the 7th round just feels like a great idea. He will likely be on the practice squad to start, but if and when someone gets hurt, it will be nice to have a guy like this to bring into the fold. I think he is incredibly undervalued because he does not have the position flexibility that teams are looking for out of day three Offensive Lineman. However, he plays guard very well and we could use a true guard, even if he does start on the practice squad.

There you go. Rip it to shreds, but I would be smiling if this happened.
bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think Mosely will be around at #26.

Also, though I like Jimmy G, I would rather spend that pick on the top-of-the-board WR and take Smith and/or Morris at QB later and see if we can make something out of one of them.

Otherwise, GREAT!
MetcalfUpMiddle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont think Mosely makes it past Baltimore, but if he does, Id love this draft. A+.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

MetcalfUpMiddle wrote:
Dont think Mosely makes it past Baltimore, but if he does, Id love this draft. A+.

What do you think it'll take to move up before them? My bro and I have been talking about that. I'd give up a 3rd to get him.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: