Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Khalil Mack a real possibility
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this has been posted, so here goes:

"Buffalo DE Khalil Mack ran his forty-time between 4.45 and 4.54 on a few scouts timers at the UB pro day this morning...9:42 am ET - Oakland Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie, Bills GM Doug Whaley, Browns HC Mike Pettine, along with reps from all 32 NFL teams are in attendance at the Buffalo Bulls pro day this morning to see DE Khalil Mack workout."

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2014_NFL_Draft.html

No idea what this guy's credentials are, but he's like what's said about blind squirrels...every once in a while he finds acorns. (For the record I personally believe that blind squirrels die at a very young squirrel age)
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft a LB at 4 I'm going to punch a baby. (Not mine)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st off, I have no idea how Mack became an ILB, but it was my understanding that he is an OLB who can get after the QB and has no problem in coverage.

Second, I think there are only 4 elite prospects in this draft and none of them are QBs (Clowney, Robinson, Mack, and Watkins) I do have my preferences of how I hope this draft turns out but if we end up with one of these guys or one of the top QBs I'm not complaining all that much.

The third thing to remember is our coach absolutely loves and needs b#%*hkitties and Mack could be the best b#%*hkittiy in the draft.

We have 10 picks. Get the best elite player you can with the top pick. Plenty of time the rest of the way to address needs in an extremely deep draft.

Season Ticket holder section 315 since 06
See you in the Muni with The Tailgate DJs!
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

directordawg wrote:
1st off, I have no idea how Mack became an ILB, but it was my understanding that he is an OLB who can get after the QB and has no problem in coverage.

Second, I think there are only 4 elite prospects in this draft and none of them are QBs (Clowney, Robinson, Mack, and Watkins) I do have my preferences of how I hope this draft turns out but if we end up with one of these guys or one of the top QBs I'm not complaining all that much.

The third thing to remember is our coach absolutely loves and needs b#%*hkitties and Mack could be the best b#%*hkittiy in the draft.

We have 10 picks. Get the best elite player you can with the top pick. Plenty of time the rest of the way to address needs in an extremely deep draft.

Yes to all of this.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

directordawg wrote:

There are more than 4 elite prospects in this draft. Sorry it is the hatred for everything QB that isn't Brian Hoyer that is clouding the judgement of many.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
directordawg wrote:

There are more than 4 elite prospects in this draft. Sorry it is the hatred for everything QB that isn't Brian Hoyer that is clouding the judgement of many.

In what way?

I like Teddy a whole lot, but he is not an elite prospect. If he were, it would be a no brainer for Houston at #1, but it's not.

I don't want to roll with Hoyer unless we have to.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont there being a lot of elite prospects. I kinda agree that there is a small amount of elite prospect but there are a lot of great players in this draft tho.

I say there are about legit 10 elite players in the draft but a buttload of great players

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it really depends on how you define elite.

Elite compared to other players in this class or elite compared to prospects in different classes?

If we are talking pro bowl players, these are guys I think make at least 1 probowl in their careers...

Watkins
Robinson
Clowney
Evans
Gilbert
Matthews
Matthews
Teddy
Sankey
Mack

Off the top of my head at least

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
directordawg wrote:

Way to project what everyone is thinking. Rolling Eyes

I would prefer to have an elite QB over anything and would hope the Browns would move heaven and earth to get that if available.

I, personally think that Hoyer is serviceable, but not elite. Therefore, I would hope the Browns are able to find something better than that.

Other than Teddy, who I feel is above average, I don't see any awesome talents out there. Someone from this draft class may turn out to be that. I just don't know which one.

If the Browns think they do, then pull the trigger.

btw your Curry comparison to Mack is gonna make you look foolish at some point.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
directordawg wrote:

Way to project what everyone is thinking. Rolling Eyes

I would prefer to have an elite QB over anything and would hope the Browns would move heaven and earth to get that if available.

I, personally think that Hoyer is serviceable, but not elite. Therefore, I would hope the Browns are able to find something better than that.

Other than Teddy, who I feel is above average, I don't see any awesome talents out there. Someone from this draft class may turn out to be that. I just don't know which one.

If the Browns think they do, then pull the trigger.

btw your Curry comparison to Mack is gonna make you look foolish at some point.

Personally I don't care if I am right or wrong on Mack. I have an opinion on the matter.

The QBs that have the possibility of being elite in this draft are Teddy, Bortles and possibly Mett

I put Carr in the Good but Not Great category and I think Manziel will bust hard.
JM95

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been toying with this idea for a while now but if Clowney is there when we pick, do we take him?

Our pass rush is ok, but nothing special, Pettine is a defensive minded coach and has worked with an uber athletic player before in Mario Williams and managed to get arguably his best two seasons out of him and the dominance of more defensive teams in recent years does present at least an argument to draft with a more defensive mindset. Also assuming none of the QB's are there he would present the best value.

Or do we trade back? Im not sure what the haul would be like, but given that it is not for a franchise QB I dont think we can expect loads. Thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: