Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

27th overall pick (Draft talk thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask here because I thought about this.

How many non-top 15 CBs taken in the draft have produced in their 1st season? By that I mean, how many have started for the majority of the season (lets say >10 games)?

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF Carr is on the board at #27, do you think your team bites?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:

No Idea how they feel about him, but I could see it happen. All those QBs who could go as high as a top 15 pick could be the pick at #27 if they fall

QB Drew Brees -

DB Patrick Robinson -
SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:

While I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibilities, I would also only give it about a 1% chance of happening. Saints are in a win now mode while the wheels on the Brees bus are still goin round. I think Payton restocks his offense while adding a couple key guys on defense and runs with it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Guys, lets be realistic. We're a "3-4" team, but we mostly lined up with 4 defensive lineman.
Junior - Hicks - Bunkley - Jordan
Harper - Lofton - Hawthorne
Lewis - Jenkins - Vacarro - Greer

I'd say that's what our defense resembled most of this season. On defense, I'd say our biggest needs are OLB (Not 3-4 OLB) and CB. On offense, we desperately need a #1 WR and a RT.

I would like to trade down into the early second round. I do believe Kyle Van Noy would still be on the board and would select him. With our own second pick, I think Donte Moncreif, WR, Ole Miss would be a great choice. He is fairly large and recently ran a 4.40. His upside is considerable, think a fast Anquan Boldin!
Round three, I would target E.J. Gaines, CB from Missouri. He would play early in my opinion.
With the early fourth the Saints would pick up for trading down, I would hopefully add Craig Loston, SS from LSU. Even with the Byrd signing, we also could use a true SS at times. Last year, we ran a 4-2-5 often. It featured 3 safeties.
With our own pick in the fourth, I look for the eventual replacement for Drew Brees, Brett Smith, QB from Wyoming. Check him out; a lesser version of Johnny Manzeil.
With the pick from the Eagles in the Sproles trade, I like Walt Aikens, CB from Liberty. He showed well at the Senior Bowl and is about the size of Keenan Lewis.
With our fifth round pick, I like Justin Ellis, DT from La. Tech. He impressed at the Senior Bowl. Tom Johnson and Tyrunn Walker are UFA's.
Last in the sixth, I believe that James Britt, OT from Missouri, will be there in the sixth for depth. I hope the holdovers such as Bryce Harris or Marcel Jones can step up if Strief leaves in free agency.
As always, the Saints do a great job of finding undrafted free agents who make the squad. I pray that continues!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: