Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

State of the Franchise: Passing Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duke2056

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can look at all the numbers you want from last season, but all we know is that we have Gordon and Cameron.

Two games is far too small of a sample size for Hoyer to gain ANY knowledge of whats to come, considering teams also had no tape on him, and like all replacement QBs, things become tougher when they do. And yes, he can and will likely improve.

Different coaching staff, huge changes just because of that.

So we will have a different QB probably, probably different #2 and #3 WRs, different head coach, OC, and position coaches, probably a RB with a different skillset than we had last year )I hope anyway, good god)...........I don't even know where I am going with any of this, other than WHO KNOWS what the state of our passing game is. It is definitely yet to be determined

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the data!

From this info, analytical minds might suggest we need QB, RB, WR, Slot, and G to have an offense rated in top 3rd as we have 5 players in top ten. More importantly we need to score more points and that translates into an effective passing game with a sound running game.

Everyone knows for a fact we will draft a RB, WR, and QB in the first three rounds. The question is when we do it. WR draft is the deepest ever and we can find a #1WR in 1-2 and slot in 3-4 rd. QB is average to below average and RB is average. With second rd and low third rd, we should acquire our RB guy. First 5 picks: Watkins/Shazier/Hyde/Carr/Moncrief

There are 4-5 G's in FA Joseph, Schwartz, Saffold, Asanomah, et...who can fill the hole but I like Saffold as he can play everything but C and is from OH.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: