Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

a little different 5 Rd Mock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjmiller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: a little different 5 Rd Mock. Reply with quote

Cuts/Retired/Let Walk

Tony Gonzalez
Asante Samuel
Stephen Nicholas
Garrett Reynolds
Jason Snelling
Thomas Decoud
Osi Umenyiora
Jonathon Babineaux

Re-Signed

Corey Peters (1yr deal)
Robert McClain
Mike Johnson

Free Agency

Charles Tillman DB - with his age catching up to him, he seems like a perfect fit to switch to the FS spot.

Lamar Houston DE - missed out on Orakpo and Hardy. Houston's versatility makes him a great player to grab for Nolan.

Geoff Schwartz G - no brainer. we are in desperate need of a G. and looks to be one of the top G's available.

Devin Hester WR - we need a KR/PR.

Draft

*Trade* (#6 overall for #8 , #72 & 2015 3rd)

Rd 1. Timmy Jernigan DT Florida St.
IMO the best overall DT in the draft. great against the run and pass. and with the loss of Babs (in my mock) hes a great start to revamp the DL.

Rd 2. Kony Ealy DE Missouri
#2 ranked DE in the draft. i know alot think hes a 1st round lock, but the amount of 4-3 teams in the back half of the draft, he falls a little.

Rd 3. Christian Jones LB Florida St.
yes, i kno im going to get alot of crap for this but Jones is a great LB. and i believe he can come in and give Bartu some competition at the Sam spot.

Rd 3. Justin Ellis NT La Tech
the BIG NT that we need to anchor our run D. nice rotation with Ellis/Jernigan/Peters

Rd 4. Tyler Larsen C Utah St
Konz even tho i think should get another chance to start, hasnt produced yet. Larsen can come in and give him some good competition. very strong run blocker.

Rd 5. Aaron Lynch TE Georgia
can catch and block. good value TE in round 5.

thoughts????
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: ` Reply with quote

Any draft and FA that doesnt address a OT spot I have a huge problem with. I lobe Jerningan but hes not a top 10 pick. If you were trying to think out of the box, I certainly applaud you as its diffcult to think of guys and on some levels realistic of what we will end up doing. Just dont like the guys you picked nor the order you picked them that much.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ` Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Any draft and FA that doesnt address a OT spot I have a huge problem with. I lobe Jerningan but hes not a top 10 pick. If you were trying to think out of the box, I certainly applaud you as its diffcult to think of guys and on some levels realistic of what we will end up doing. Just dont like the guys you picked nor the order you picked them that much.

i believe Jernigan is the best DT in the draft. and with Clowney off the board in this mock, he's the best DL available.

as for the OT, i jus dont kno if we are going to try to upgrade that position in this draft. Baker is obviously gonna start somewhere. and Johnson and Holmes should be given the chance to battle it out this year. upgrade the C and RG positions and that should help our line alot.
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh. First two rounds of the draft are awful.

#JDI
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way any trades a 1st and 2 3rds to move up 2 spots outside of the top 5.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would take Aaron Donald over Jernigan and this is coming from a massive FSU homer and fan. My dream scenario would be we trade down from 6 to 12 to 15 and grab a 2nd rounder for doing so then get Donald at 12-15 then trade our 2 2nd round picks to get back into around 20 to 25 range to grab Jernigan.

Then grab a DE in FA and i think our D-line is set then.
devils1854

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Would take Aaron Donald over Jernigan and this is coming from a massive FSU homer and fan. My dream scenario would be we trade down from 6 to 12 to 15 and grab a 2nd rounder for doing so then get Donald at 12-15 then trade our 2 2nd round picks to get back into around 20 to 25 range to grab Jernigan.

Donald and Jernigan are both UTs in our defense imo. It would be much better if we could get Donald/Nix, or even Hageman since he can easily play the 5 tech when we switch to a 3 man front.

#JDI
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, why do you think we wont resign Hawley, theres a lot of rumors saying thats a priority.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Eh. First two rounds of the draft are awful.

how are the first 2 rounds terrible? a top DT and #2 DE in the draft is awful? ok.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:

i think Donald is a better pass rusher, but i see Jernigan as a better overall player. Jernigan is gonna go top 15 i think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: