Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

King Titan's Mock Draft 2014 V.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I personally don't love Mosley. I'm trying to predict what I think the Titans would do. I would trade down or just "reach" for someone like Dee Ford.

I think we need more outside rush but we also have LBs on roster we have to find a place for.

I seen Mosley make some nice plays. He isn't as fast as I would like but he is solid and I think he would get better in the NFL.

Them taking Warmack shows me they aren't looking for flash. I hated the idea of taking him or any OG in the first round.
This is something else I don't get. You said you're trying to predict what the Titan's would do. You said Ruston's a BPA type of guy. Then you have him making the, as you put it "safe" pick of Mosley. You think he would be the BPA in their eyes? Why?

From reading articles and just various opinions to try to make an educated guess on how the players are getting ranked.

I could think Dee Ford is the best player in the draft but if the league and Titans has him ranked as lets pretend a 4th round guy then that's where he is going to be drafted for the most part.

So as I read some people are ranking Mosley as top 15 type player. Some have him as the second best LB prospect behind Mack. So if LB is our need and they have him on the board as a high ranking player and Barr and Mack are off the board then I can see where he is the BPA for them.

OT could be up there too but we still got some weeks till the draft and free agency. So things can move around.

But just because we may not think highly of Mosley don't mean the titans and the nfl doesn't think differently and that's what I'm trying to do get into what they may be thinking.

I'm not the best one to offer a defense for taking Mosley but I don't hate him and I see qualities in him that would make him a high ranking player.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After going back and looking at more video of him, I like Mosley even more.

He compares very similar to Jerod Mayo who was taken 10th by the Patriots.
He runs a 4.6, which I'm sure at his pro day he will run faster. He has similar combine numbers as well to Mayo.

Looking at the video, when it's time to blitz he is very effective at doing so. I think in Horton's attacking defense he will fit well. Alabama's defense looks more read and react from the LBs.

He plays the pass well. Saw him re-direct when attacking the QB, when he saw a back slide out the backfield and covered him effortlessly.
He played the seem well. He had a good idea of how to play the TE.

He is an above average tackler. When he gets to the runner, he takes them down 9 out of 10 times. Didn't see many broken tackles.

Looked back at the National Championship game with Notre Dame, saw him run down the ally and shoot the game to make a tackle on a back who thought he had a cutback lane. Which is very key in the NFL with so many teams running zone concepts.

Also saw consistently him shed blockers once they reached him.

His off the field character is said to be fabulous.

I'm not "loving" him per say ( I'm getting there though) where I'm going to pound the table but he is the 2nd best LB in the draft behind Mack. I say that to say he is the most NFL ready.
Barr has a higher ceiling but does need some NFL coaching to work on his rough edges.
Mack is ready as LB, to me, he just has to prove he can do it against top talent consistently.

But Mosley is worthy of a top 10 pick.
Comparing him to another LB that was picked at #11.
Patrick Willis.... not saying he is Patrick Willis or has the same style. They do have comparable combine numbers.

I'm going to backtrack and say I'm a supporter of Mosley, not just trying to predict what the Titans are going to do. I think he would make a good pick at #11.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather get Karlos Dansby and go OLB with 11. Also get an OT (Eugene Monroe, Brandon Albert, Jared Veldheer, Anthony Collins, Rodger Saffold, Zach Strief, Charles Brown, Austin Howard?) and CB (Browner?) in free agency and that really helps fill some holes before the draft.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:
I don't understand the love for Mosley on here. Yes, ILB is a big need, but there is no way I'd take Mosley at 11. He doesn't make enough splash plays on film to warrant the pick at 11 for me. He's slow when shooting the gap, and I don't think he has great reaction time. He was rarely shooting through the gap and stopping plays in the backfield in all the tape I watched. Maybe I'm missing something with him that somebody here could enlighten me on, but I just really don't see enough impact plays from him to warrant the pick at 11 just because it's a need.

I have the same feeling on him. Just a blah pick like I saw Warmack last year. Solid player, but imo you want more out of the 11th pick.

100% agreed with both of you. Some of these $EC products just seem to get overrated sometimes it seems. At best, Mosley looks like a mid to late 1st round pick to me.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:
I don't understand the love for Mosley on here. Yes, ILB is a big need, but there is no way I'd take Mosley at 11. He doesn't make enough splash plays on film to warrant the pick at 11 for me. He's slow when shooting the gap, and I don't think he has great reaction time. He was rarely shooting through the gap and stopping plays in the backfield in all the tape I watched. Maybe I'm missing something with him that somebody here could enlighten me on, but I just really don't see enough impact plays from him to warrant the pick at 11 just because it's a need.

I have the same feeling on him. Just a blah pick like I saw Warmack last year. Solid player, but imo you want more out of the 11th pick.

100% agreed with both of you. Some of these $EC products just seem to get overrated sometimes it seems. At best, Mosley looks like a mid to late 1st round pick to me.

I understand the feeling of SEC players being overrated.

I'm not much on value. But I think he is a starting LB in the league. I think he will be one of those players down the line, we wish we had on our team. Not to say he is going to light the league on fire, but I just feel he may be that player that is consistently playing and at high level. Makes a few pro-bowls.
Keith Bulluck type career.

Just my opinion.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the hate for C.J. Mosley. How can the same people to claim to watch tape of Anthony Barr have hate for Mosley? Two different positions, but Mosley is a football player and Barr is an athlete.

If I'm the Titans FO I am stocking up on football players and you all can keep your "athletes" to yourselfs. I don't care how big and how fast you are.. if you can't play football you can go stand next to Stephen Hill and Chris Henry.

Not only that but Barr isn't as strong or as fast as Khalil Mack, who wasn't declared a superior athlete as Barr is, and I think it shows up on tape. He just has a nice story for the media "RB goes OLB with freakish athleticism!! Huge upside!!" and everyone buys into it without actually taking the time to "watch" him play and see that he cant dip his shoulder or bend around the corner and is 9 yards deep every time he rushes the passer.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
I don't get the hate for C.J. Mosley. How can the same people to claim to watch tape of Anthony Barr have hate for Mosley? Two different positions, but Mosley is a football player and Barr is an athlete.

If I'm the Titans FO I am stocking up on football players and you all can keep your "athletes" to yourselfs. I don't care how big and how fast you are.. if you can't play football you can go stand next to Stephen Hill and Chris Henry.

Not only that but Barr isn't as strong or as fast as Khalil Mack, who wasn't declared a superior athlete as Barr is, and I think it shows up on tape. He just has a nice story for the media "RB goes OLB with freakish athleticism!! Huge upside!!" and everyone buys into it without actually taking the time to "watch" him play and see that he cant dip his shoulder or bend around the corner and is 9 yards deep every time he rushes the passer.

Did Barr steal your girlfriend or something because you've had an agenda against him for a while now. I've already stated my opinion about Barr in another thread and there's no point in bringing it back up if you just throw it out anyway. I think the question should be, how can someone hates Barr as a prospect, like Mosley? We've had enough players on our team that can't tackle worth a damn and I'm not interested in adding another one. Barr obviously is more than a "athlete" as you claim considering he put up pretty good sack totals and TFL #s which is what I want my OLB in a 3-4 to be able to. As far as Mack, I've had him above Barr since like December but Mack isn't falling to us so it doesn't matter. OLB is far higher need IMO over ILB and the OLB FA sucks compared the the ILB market. I don't buy into it this so called hype from Barr as your calling it. I have eyes and know Barrs background. He's a raw prospect much like Ansah was last year. This is why we have coaches to coach these players up and I'm sure Barrs former DC, our current LB coach is hyping his guy to everyone else on our staff.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing against Barr other than the fact that everyone loves him because the media over-hyped him and he's simply not a good football player.

I'm not the only one that thinks so. McShay said he doesn't think he's an early first round talent, but had us drafting him because we have an obvious need at pass-rusher.

"I'm not someone who thinks Barr has enough upside to be an early first-round pick, but there seem to be a lot of guys in the league who do."

So no, I'm not the only one who watches his tape and thinks that it will not translate into the NFL. There are a ton of players with good college stats and terrible pro careers so his sack numbers don't mean much to me. Colleges schedule cupcake teams for half of their schedule. Outside of Oregon, who is not known for impressive offensive lineman, he didn't do anything against a good college team this year. Standford completely shut him down.. and if you watch the game he just looks bad against them.

Disagree with me all you want but don't think I won't bring this thread back up in 2-3 years and rub it in your face when he's a huge bust :p

We won't draft him anyway. Won't go in the top 15.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do realize that Dansby is going to be just as expensive as Jackson, if not more so, right? 32 is old for a LB. how quickly did Bulluck go from great to average to blown knee and gone. Maybe Dansby has London Fletcher like durability. But that's a mighty big gamble to pay 4-5 million on a guy who will turn 33 half way through the season.

**RIP Steve McNair**
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
You guys do realize that Dansby is going to be just as expensive as Jackson, if not more so, right? 32 is old for a LB. how quickly did Bulluck go from great to average to blown knee and gone. Maybe Dansby has London Fletcher like durability. But that's a mighty big gamble to pay 4-5 million on a guy who will turn 33 half way through the season.

Agree with you 100%.

If we go after any ILB in free agency I want us to go for Perry Riley or Brandon Spikes. Couple issues with Spikes he is a great 2 down linebacker but that's all. That and character issues off the field. I just feel Riley at 25 would be a great signing.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:

Difference is Dansby is coming off arguably his best year of his career and who's bet fit is a 3-4. Jackson is on a slight decline and didnt fit the best in a 3-4. I'd gladly pay Dansby the same amount as Jackson received or slightly more. Just wish he'd take like a 2 or 3 year deal.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:

Agree with you 100%.

If we go after any ILB in free agency I want us to go for Perry Riley or Brandon Spikes. Couple issues with Spikes he is a great 2 down linebacker but that's all. That and character issues off the field. I just feel Riley at 25 would be a great signing.
That's the role I want him for though. I think he can be a 2 down run thumper for us. him and a big NT like Paul Soliai could give us a nasty front 7. In nickle situations you would sub the DB for Spikes. Character is a real question though . I like Riley as well.

**RIP Steve McNair**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: