Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Post Combine Mock Offseason *Update 3/7*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GANNDMK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice draft, you certainly have covered all of our needs. A+
Johnz5429

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
Only problem is Kilgore has not shown himself to be a great center average to average minus at best. IMO

How do you know that? He has only played C in preseason, hardly a way to evaluate his performance. Anyway, maybe average is all we need, with the rest of our OL. A great center comes with a great price tag.

SO YOU ARE SUGGESTING WE STRIVE FOR MEDICORCE

No, I'm suggesting we strive to re-sign our core players first.

And you're insinuating Kilgore is mediocre. I'm suggesting he hasn't really proven to be mediocre. For all we know, maybe a full offseason of first team snaps at C and increased confidence will have him be an improvement on Goodwin, even. So, what I'm suggesting is, let's see. If after the OTAs, the staff isn't confident, maybe we end up drafting a C early. Or maybe he impresses enough so that we don't need to.

Only one thing seems evident, it's that with our cap room, we can't really afford a free agent quick fix.

I am not suggesting I am saying Kilgore is mediocre at best

Are you 12?

I see you never learned respect for your elders
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
Only problem is Kilgore has not shown himself to be a great center average to average minus at best. IMO

How do you know that? He has only played C in preseason, hardly a way to evaluate his performance. Anyway, maybe average is all we need, with the rest of our OL. A great center comes with a great price tag.

And you're insinuating Kilgore is mediocre. I'm suggesting he hasn't really proven to be mediocre. For all we know, maybe a full offseason of first team snaps at C and increased confidence will have him be an improvement on Goodwin, even. So, what I'm suggesting is, let's see. If after the OTAs, the staff isn't confident, maybe we end up drafting a C early. Or maybe he impresses enough so that we don't need to.

Only one thing seems evident, it's that with our cap room, we can't really afford a free agent quick fix.

Are you 12?

Claiming to be older doesn't really strengthen your argument, here. You claim your very unsupported OPINION as a fact, which seems either uninformed or childish. You choose.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Johnz5429

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:

Are you 12?

Claiming to be older doesn't really strengthen your argument, here. You claim your very unsupported OPINION as a fact, which seems either uninformed or childish. You choose.

Childish is getting so upset of a football forum that you show you have nothing else in your life. Respond how you will I refuse to be a party to your rants anymore, as if your opinion is the one an only
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnz5429 wrote:
Childish is getting so upset of a football forum that you show you have nothing else in your life. Respond how you will I refuse to be a party to your rants anymore, as if your opinion is the one an only

What rant? I simply explained my opinion rationally. You plainly stated Kilgore was mediocre at best, without any supporting argument. And there are arguments to be made to support your opinion, you're simply not using them.

I wasn't "getting so upset", as you say. And this football forum isn't all there is in my life. I also have my LEGOs and a few coloring books. If you are indeed older than me, then you are definitely not more mature.

And I never said my opinion was the one and only. What I can say is that an opinion supported with reasonable arguments will always be worth more than a claim supported by nothing.

NinerNation21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated my mock offseason today. Check it out and let me know what you think. It's been updated on the OP on the 1st page.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:

So what team do you work in the front office for? Thought so

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Just updated my mock offseason today. Check it out and let me know what you think. It's been updated on the OP on the 1st page.

Overall, looks really good to me. If only to nit-pick, you think Kareem Martin really translates well to rush LB? ... and I hope that 3 yr deal for Whitner is easy to get out from in a year.. or two.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be stoked! Esp with those first 2 picks... Any shot at Gore restructuring though? I would be happy,but I read we are fine paying him his 6mill this year.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niner88fan wrote:
I would be stoked! Esp with those first 2 picks... Any shot at Gore restructuring though? I would be happy,but I read we are fine paying him his 6mill this year.

I think Gore's contract is kind of an ace up our sleeve. If we really need a couple of millions of cap space really bad, Baalke will ask Frank to take the necessary pay cut, or even extend him one more year to get him a bigger fatter cheque upfront. But for the moment, saying we don't need to re-structure Gore to the media is better, from a PR standpoint. Just like nobody's talking about cutting Carlos Rogers right now (and I didn,t even know he was asked to take a pay cut last year, until this year). Discussing player's contracts doesn't make for a really harmonious environment. Just look at the discussion regarding Jim's contract. No harmony there. So, the only time we'll hear about Gore re-structuring, taking a pay cut or being cut, is when it's going to happen. If it doesn't, then I'm glad Frank is getting his money. He deserves it, no doubt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: