Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Prospects Thread 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly a supruse or breaking news, but Sammy Watkins apparently had an unbelievable pro day today at Clemson. He didn't run the 40, but why would he after a great one at the combine. Supposedly he caught everything thrown to him and ran great routes. Scouts there said we're saying he could be the best WR they've seen since Megatron. While I'm not sold on that, I do think trading up for him needs to be considered. He's game changing, not just a regular WR.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Not exactly a supruse or breaking news, but Sammy Watkins apparently had an unbelievable pro day today at Clemson. He didn't run the 40, but why would he after a great one at the combine. Supposedly he caught everything thrown to him and ran great routes. Scouts there said we're saying he could be the best WR they've seen since Megatron. While I'm not sold on that, I do think trading up for him needs to be considered. He's game changing, not just a regular WR.
I wouldn't be surprised if St. Louis grabbed him at 2. Would love to have the guy in a Jets uni, but it just doesn't seem meant to be.

Props to JMG on the sig
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:

Just wrote about this before. I'd love to have him, but at what cost? I'm sure if the Jets moved up I'd be pumped, but is it worth mortgaging the future for one player? I can't say I'm sold.

How many games has Calvin Johnson won the Lions? A few, but he hasn't single-handedly made that team into a year-in-year-out winner. We need to build the foundation of this team in such a bad way that I'm not so sure trading up for Watkins would help us as much as it could hurt us.

New York Sack Exchange Redux
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

Just wrote about this before. I'd love to have him, but at what cost? I'm sure if the Jets moved up I'd be pumped, but is it worth mortgaging the future for one player? I can't say I'm sold.

How many games has Calvin Johnson won the Lions? A few, but he hasn't single-handedly made that team into a year-in-year-out winner. We need to build the foundation of this team in such a bad way that I'm not so sure trading up for Watkins would help us as much as it could hurt us.
Yeah, realistically if St. Louis didnt want him, we'd probably have to get in front of the browns and raiders just to make sure that they didn't take him at 4 or 5. To trade up to 3, I would prob cost us this years 1st, next years 1st, and prob a 3rd and maybe a mid-later round pick like a 5th. Maybe this years 1st, 2 2nds (one next year), TB's 3rd, and our 4th or 5th would do. I don't think it's worth it unless we really hit multiple home runs in FA.

Props to JMG on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I know it won't be cheap to move up and try and get him, and as good as he is, I don't see that Megatron, AJ Green, Julio Jobes type talent that people think he has. I view him more as a speedy Dez Bryant. But I guess just the way I see it, is let's say it costs a 2 1sts and a 3rd. Let's say we draft Watkins in the 1st and Matthews in the 2nd. With a good defense like we have that immediately gives us a good young offense.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

Invalid argument with Stafford, Schwartz and chitty defense.

And in a TEAM sport, he has probably won more than any WR in the league.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Ya I know it won't be cheap to move up and try and get him, and as good as he is, I don't see that Megatron, AJ Green, Julio Jobes type talent that people think he has. I view him more as a speedy Dez Bryant. But I guess just the way I see it, is let's say it costs a 2 1sts and a 3rd. Let's say we draft Watkins in the 1st and Matthews in the 2nd. With a good defense like we have that immediately gives us a good young offense.

Why does that sound like your saying it as if it was a bad thing ...

Past 3 years Dez Bryant = 32 TDs ... 248 Catches ... and 3500+ Yards ...

I'd Trade a first and something for Dez right now so if 2 firsts was the cost for a faster version of Dez I'd take him in a heartbeat ....

And just for the Record Megatron is in his own stratosphere ... but Dez is at the same level as Julio ... with more actual production ...and Dez and AJ Green live in the same ball park production wise
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying it in a bad way, I think Dez Bryant is great. He's not Megatron though. I'd personally be ok with giving up this years and next years 1sts for Watkins but some think its too much. Especially since we would still have our 2nd and 2 3rdd this draft. Watkins and a WR in the 2nd or 3rd mixed with a TE with in if those picks makes us have a good young offense for years.
KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random thought ...

Where does everyone have Ryan Shazier going? assuming his crazy athleticism will make him go too early (Before the late 2nd) and he may be a bit undersized, but he seems like a great athlete who shows a lot on tape. He tackles well and his timed speed shows on tape, and hits bigger then he looks
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Random thought ...

Where does everyone have Ryan Shazier going? assuming his crazy athleticism will make him go too early (Before the late 2nd) and he may be a bit undersized, but he seems like a great athlete who shows a lot on tape. He tackles well and his timed speed shows on tape, and hits bigger then he looks

I haven't watched much tape on him, but his measurables are off the charts insane. He might be the freakiest guy athletically coming out this year. Thus he will probably be drafted to high.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like shazier. I think people read too much into size sometimes especially with LBs. Some people doubted David last year bc if his smaller size too. My thought are if they have good instincts, speed and can tackle I can careless about size. I think where players get overrated is when they have only 1 or 2 of those qualities. I.e. Aaron maybin
KBS756

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I like shazier. I think people read too much into size sometimes especially with LBs. Some people doubted David last year bc if his smaller size too. My thought are if they have good instincts, speed and can tackle I can careless about size. I think where players get overrated is when they have only 1 or 2 of those qualities. I.e. Aaron maybin

In relation to Size i feel for a 3-4 D it does matter some (size of LBs) since they are more likely to take on offensive lineman and need to have the strength to disengage or hold their own.

that said his highlights look phenomenal ... he's aggressive as hell though so there prob are times when he overpersues
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be curious to see what QB has a bit of a freefall. Assuming the Jags will go QB in the 2nd or 3rd now, I think of the core 4 QB's will fall pretty dramatically.

Props to JMG on the sig
jetskid007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

Invalid argument with Stafford, Schwartz and chitty defense.

And in a TEAM sport, he has probably won more than any WR in the league.

Yeah, but it hasn't been enough. You can blame it on whoever you like, but in my opinion QB is the only position in the NFL where a player can signal handedly win games consistently. Exceptions can be made (see Adrian Peterson 2012) but for the most part teams win games as a collective group.

I'd love to have Sammy Watkins but I'm not moving heaven and earth to get him - not because I don't think he's a great player, more because I'm afraid of the repercussions of giving up premium draft picks for one guy. Look back at Atlanta's trade for Julio Jones... what's their biggest problem right now? Lack of youth, depth, and talent.

New York Sack Exchange Redux
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta was also trading up from the 27th pick not the 18th so it cost more. Plus the reason the Falcons weren't good last season was injuries and poor defense. We already have a good defense so it's not like we would be neglecting one side of the ball. A trade up for Watkins would help us on offense immensely bc we've neglected getting offensive talent for several years now in the draft.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 43 of 100

Jump to: