Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Free Agency, let the cuts begin (Around the Legue)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.J Raji close to a 1 year deal with the Packers for 4 million per PFT

Ziggy Hood would be a good replacement for Spencer, but he was a 2nd Round pick so don't think he will come that cheap. I'm sure he is wanting to cash in during FA only the market/demand will tell.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
JWingate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Ziggy Hood would be a good replacement for Spencer, but he was a 2nd Round pick so don't think he will come that cheap. I'm sure he is wanting to cash in during FA only the market/demand will tell.

Ziggy Hood would be a 1 technique in this defense and he was a 1st round selection by the Pittsburgh Steelers. He has been a on again off again starter with them. I believe this is because he does not fit their scheme and many have said he would have probably been better served as a NT in their scheme. When in college he was a penetrating disruptive defensive tackle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Ziggy Hood would be a 1 technique in this defense and he was a 1st round selection by the Pittsburgh Steelers. He has been a on again off again starter with them. I believe this is because he does not fit their scheme and many have said he would have probably been better served as a NT in their scheme. When in college he was a penetrating disruptive defensive tackle.

Sorry my bad thought he played DE at Missouri. If he was a first round pick then he definitely wants to get paid and if he does go cheap it will be for a playoff team. Don't understand why everyone is not thinking of Crawford as I thought he was the stereotypical 1 tech.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
JWingate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
JWingate wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Sorry my bad thought he played DE at Missouri. If he was a first round pick then he definitely wants to get paid and if he does go cheap it will be for a playoff team. Don't understand why everyone is not thinking of Crawford as I thought he was the stereotypical 1 tech.

When you have been in the NFL for as many years as he has been it doesn't matter where you were drafted, what matters is what you have done in the league. The leagues is very what have you done for me lately. I believe Hood will get a 2-3 year worth around 5-9 mil. He will be a very cheap option and could have a ton of upside for us.

As for Crawford, I am not sure. I remember him playing 4-3 DE at Boise and I thought if he was to play in this defense it would be as our LDE or it would be at the 3. I honestly see him being our jack of all trades.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawford is very much an enigma right now, Broaddus said he's the likely 1T but we really don't know much about what he brings to the table as a player at this stage. 3T and LE have also been floated around for him. And yeah, he could move around a lot too

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

The big contracts to Ratliff and Sensabaugh were both under Garrett. Ditto Spears, Free, Livings, Scandrick, Witten (although the last two have been fine so far)

Spears and Livings were not big and Livings was ended prematurely by injury. Free was renegotiated (and roundly applauded at the time of ink). As you said, there have been no issues with Scandrick and Witten, monetarily.

Ratliff was a fairly clear case of malingering, so his malfeasance is at least partly to blame.

The fact that the Bears just gave Meltons money to Ratliff tells you all you need to know.

Ratliff the player was still fine and could have been an all pro 3t for us. But Ratliff the person.... well bad things. Very bad things can be said about his choices.
had someone attack my credibility today right after they said that Ratliff was justified in what he did because he did it to Jerry.
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

The big contracts to Ratliff and Sensabaugh were both under Garrett. Ditto Spears, Free, Livings, Scandrick, Witten (although the last two have been fine so far)

Spears and Livings were not big and Livings was ended prematurely by injury. Free was renegotiated (and roundly applauded at the time of ink). As you said, there have been no issues with Scandrick and Witten, monetarily.

Ratliff was a fairly clear case of malingering, so his malfeasance is at least partly to blame.

The fact that the Bears just gave Meltons money to Ratliff tells you all you need to know.

Ratliff the player was still fine and could have been an all pro 3t for us. But Ratliff the person.... well bad things. Very bad things can be said about his choices.
had someone attack my credibility today right after they said that Ratliff was justified in what he did because he did it to Jerry.

The problem with Ratliff, person-wise, is that he cared more about being part of a top team than being part of HIS team. A lot of players after 7, 8, 9 years get exhausted of being average, below average, or falling short so often. But most are so competitive and dedicated to their job and their teammates that they'd not dare whine their way out of town like Ratliff did.

while that is more speculation and opinion than anything, the problem with ratliff, player-wise, was simple: all mechanics, all explosion, no grind. Mechanics, knowledge and fast feet only take you so far - you got to work hard, not take plays off, not slack off in the weight room, and practice as hard as you plan to play.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

The problem with Ratliff, person-wise, is that he cared more about being part of a top team than being part of HIS team. A lot of players after 7, 8, 9 years get exhausted of being average, below average, or falling short so often. But most are so competitive and dedicated to their job and their teammates that they'd not dare whine their way out of town like Ratliff did.

while that is more speculation and opinion than anything, the problem with ratliff, player-wise, was simple: all mechanics, all explosion, no grind. Mechanics, knowledge and fast feet only take you so far - you got to work hard, not take plays off, not slack off in the weight room, and practice as hard as you plan to play.

No Ratliff's act wasn't about the team or his teammates, it was about sticking it to Jerry. He never got over the locker room incident the year before. If you couldn't see that coming you weren't paying attention.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

No Ratliff's act wasn't about the team or his teammates, it was about sticking it to Jerry. He never got over the locker room incident the year before. If you couldn't see that coming you weren't paying attention.

And I'm sure part of that at the least, stems from wanting to be in a more successful locale. I've been on the field with some great players who went on to be successful in the NFL, while part of a team that didn't have that great of a couple seasons. Those guys felt the same, and debated transferring often. If you're a good player and feel stuck on a team that isn't living up to your desires, the less committed types look for ways out.

Like I said, that was more of speculation than anything on my part. But from what I've experienced and understand, Ratliff seems to have gone that route to earn his freedom. Being unhappy with Jerry probably didn't help any.

Read the Football FAQ!
BryantSyndrom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems ware is listening to reduced salary deals from the cowboys as we speak....per kffl.com

http://www.kffl.com/team/14/nfl/dallas-cowboys
bigDallasFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BryantSyndrom wrote:
seems ware is listening to reduced salary deals from the cowboys as we speak....per kffl.com

http://www.kffl.com/team/14/nfl/dallas-cowboys

So Dallas is going to keep Ware. That's good news.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

And I'm sure part of that at the least, stems from wanting to be in a more successful locale. I've been on the field with some great players who went on to be successful in the NFL, while part of a team that didn't have that great of a couple seasons. Those guys felt the same, and debated transferring often. If you're a good player and feel stuck on a team that isn't living up to your desires, the less committed types look for ways out.

Like I said, that was more of speculation than anything on my part. But from what I've experienced and understand, Ratliff seems to have gone that route to earn his freedom. Being unhappy with Jerry probably didn't help any.

So in other words, he was sick of being on a mediocre team and wanted more. I guess we should be greatful that he's gone. After all, how can we as fans possibly be thankful for being mediocre with players on it who want to be better than that?

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

So in other words, he was sick of being on a mediocre team and wanted more. I guess we should be greatful that he's gone. After all, how can we as fans possibly be thankful for being mediocre with players on it who want to be better than that?

A team can only get better if the good players work hard and stick with one another. All pro players in any sport should never be content with their previous season, that competitiveness makes them pros.

But when a player has a spat with a front man for the team, and stops showing desire to work out or take his job seriously, and seems to whine more than practice...he is not just looking for a way out to get on a 'better team', he is betraying the guys he sweated and bled with. You have to be committed, as a player, to stick with your team, your locker room, and work hard to improve together. You don't whine for a way out or argue with important figures.

Read the Football FAQ!
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat was tired of a mediocre team so he goes to the Bears??
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
Rat was tired of a mediocre team so he goes to the Bears??

Makes the whole argument of " he didn't want to part of a mediocre team " sound dumb. So Guys , let's hear how you spin this one since you think he left because he was on a mediocre team? The Bears since 96 have gone 139-149, that's worse than mediocre, smh, Come up with a different excuse that is at least believable Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19

Jump to: