Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Combine Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles signed Peters to a long extension, so they basically means that they spent the #3 pick on a RT

is this a result of the new rookie wage scale making it possible to do such things, or just by chance Peters got healthy and returned to form?

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglead.com/tag/blake-bortles

http://gamedayr.com/sports/photos-ucf-qb-black-bortles-girlfriend-lindsey-duke/#

Her alone is worth drafting Bortles.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
thebiglead.com/tag/blake-bortles

http://gamedayr.com/sports/photos-ucf-qb-black-bortles-girlfriend-lindsey-duke/#

Her alone is worth drafting Bortles.

WOW, for her I might change my vote from Bridgewater to Bortles.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we arent taking a QB, i would trade down with jags or browns and draft Mack....put him opposite of Mercilus and move Reed inside next to cushing...Watt and a resigned Antonio smith at DE, and a NT from somewhere and BOOm potential best front 7 in football

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
If we arent taking a QB, i would trade down with jags or browns and draft Mack....put him opposite of Mercilus and move Reed inside next to cushing...Watt and a resigned Antonio smith at DE, and a NT from somewhere and BOOm potential best front 7 in football

Why not take Clowney at #1, and trade Mercilus because he hasn't shown anything to prove that he is untouchable. Clowney lined up behind Watt would be amazing. Then draft a ILB with the pick you get for Mercilus.

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Why not take Clowney at #1, and trade Mercilus because he hasn't shown anything to prove that he is untouchable. Clowney lined up behind Watt would be amazing. Then draft a ILB with the pick you get for Mercilus.

Clowney is just not the type of guy that McNair has signed off on in the past

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Clowney is just not the type of guy that McNair has signed off on in the past

McNair has a tendency to like players that come from his alma mater. Would rather take a risk on Clowney than on Mack.

Wolf6151

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone see Keith McGill-CB from Utah at the Combine? The guy is 6'03" and 3/8, 211 lbs., 33 1/4" arms, 10 1/4" hands, ran a 4.51 in the 40yd., and looked really good in the drills. He swivels his hips well, and looks smooth in his drills. CBS currently has him listed as a 3rd round prospect. I liked what I saw and was wondering if anyone else had an opinon on him or knows more about him. For a tall CB he looked very athletic.
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Did anyone see Keith McGill-CB from Utah at the Combine? The guy is 6'03" and 3/8, 211 lbs., 33 1/4" arms, 10 1/4" hands, ran a 4.51 in the 40yd., and looked really good in the drills. He swivels his hips well, and looks smooth in his drills. CBS currently has him listed as a 3rd round prospect. I liked what I saw and was wondering if anyone else had an opinon on him or knows more about him. For a tall CB he looked very athletic.

Saw him. He will climb b/c everyone is looking for a Richard Sherman type CB.
1 missed goal line FF (stupid refs Wink )
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McShay has us taking Bortles in round 1

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
McShay has us taking Bortles in round 1

Every mock I've seen for the last 2 weeks has us taking Bortles, but I just can't see it happening. I see Bortles as just the trendy pick right now, and mockers are picking him because everyone else is picking him. I think they fear to be original. Bortles has potential but he's nowhere near as polished as Bridgewater. I think once Bridgewater throws at his pro day he'll go back to the top of the writers/professional guessers big boards but I think the teams have made up their mind already based on scouting and game films. I think the Combine and Pro Days are maybe 10% of the equation. Remember that the majority of the stuff you read this time of year is smoke and mirrors created by the teams, or fluff created by writers that have to fill space and create hits on their companies web site. Don't take anything very serious that you read between the Combine and Draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: