Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

News and Notes of the Off-Season v1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigDallasFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give you one funny crazy rumor I just heard from 2 days ago. The Dallas Cowboys have traded away Tony Romo to the Houston Texans for the 1st pick of the 2014 Draft. Before you guys say anything, its just a rumor. If it was a real story I would have the words BREAKING NEWS as a title to this story. Its completely fake, trust me on this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigDallasFan wrote:
I will give you one funny crazy rumor I just heard from 2 days ago. The Dallas Cowboys have traded away Tony Romo to the Houston Texans for the 1st pick of the 2014 Draft. Before you guys say anything, its just a rumor. If it was a real story I would have the words BREAKING NEWS as a title to this story. Its completely fake, trust me on this.

How do you know it's fake. Has it been verified as a rumor? Until its verified I am going to believe it. Manziel will be a Cowboy. Number one overall...woohoo!!!

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
bigDallasFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:

How do you know it's fake. Has it been verified as a rumor? Until its verified I am going to believe it. Manziel will be a Cowboy. Number one overall...woohoo!!!

Yes its a rumor. IF Dallas traded away Romo his huge contract would hit Dallas like an anvil. His signing bonus would have to be paid and that alone is like $15 million. Trading Romo is impossible at this time. IF Romo leaves Dallas it will be because he's lost his edge and Jerry is done with him. Its obvious the only reason Romo is still a Cowboy is because Jerry is in love with him or something. IF I was the GM I would make this trade, no questions asked. Romo is clearly not the answer. I think Dallas needs to cut their losses with him and get a new franchise QB.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigDallasFan wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:

Yes its a rumor. IF Dallas traded away Romo his huge contract would hit Dallas like an anvil. His signing bonus would have to be paid and that alone is like $15 million. Trading Romo is impossible at this time. IF Romo leaves Dallas it will be because he's lost his edge and Jerry is done with him. Its obvious the only reason Romo is still a Cowboy is because Jerry is in love with him or something. IF I was the GM I would make this trade, no questions asked. Romo is clearly not the answer. I think Dallas needs to cut their losses with him and get a new franchise QB.

You are too concerned about the cap hit. Now that he has been restructured we can trade Romo with minimum impact to our cap situation. Plus we will have a big savings because the #1 pick will have a much smaller impact on our cap than Romo.

Bottom line is I don't think it's a rumor. I think they have the language of the deal in place and are just waiting to pull the trigger on it.

Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:

You are too concerned about the cap hit. Now that he has been restructured we can trade Romo with minimum impact to our cap situation. Plus we will have a big savings because the #1 pick will have a much smaller impact on our cap than Romo.

Bottom line is I don't think it's a rumor. I think they have the language of the deal in place and are just waiting to pull the trigger on it.

Not true. Anytime you trade a player, you must account for a large portion of his bonus or guarantees, and it'd be somewhere close to 13 to 16 million as I understand it in regards to Romo. This isn't like in the Madden video games where trading players frees cap space and is a great way to amass picks and cap room. THis is the real thing, and when you guarantee someone something in writing, in a signed contract, you need to pay him that guaranteed money - no matter if you trade him or not.

Could we bounce back from such an overload on the cap? Sure, by cutting a slew of starters and basically fielding a group of rookie draft picks and UDFAs. Which is of course, the stupidest thing this team could ever do. You don't trade away a 30-10 TD-INT guy, take a huge cap hit, and then replace all the guys you need to cut with nobodies. You'll spend 10 years or longer replacing them all.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:

Not true. Anytime you trade a player, you must account for a large portion of his bonus or guarantees, and it'd be somewhere close to 13 to 16 million as I understand it in regards to Romo. This isn't like in the Madden video games where trading players frees cap space and is a great way to amass picks and cap room. THis is the real thing, and when you guarantee someone something in writing, in a signed contract, you need to pay him that guaranteed money - no matter if you trade him or not.

Could we bounce back from such an overload on the cap? Sure, by cutting a slew of starters and basically fielding a group of rookie draft picks and UDFAs. Which is of course, the stupidest thing this team could ever do. You don't trade away a 30-10 TD-INT guy, take a huge cap hit, and then replace all the guys you need to cut with nobodies. You'll spend 10 years or longer replacing them all.

Except if you're the Colts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:

Surely you didn't think I was serious...Surely, you knew.

Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:

Surely you didn't think I was serious...Surely, you knew.

With some of the stuff I read on these forums, especially in regards to trading off all of our good players to draft rookie replacements this year...it was hard to tell if you were serious or not. Evil or Very Mad

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!
retrolock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to double check if this was FFMD. Seriously, if it was true, I would have had a interwebz heart attack because Jerry loves/adores/like/put all his eggs in Romo. It is equal to him stepping down as a GM lol.
bigDallasFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas Interested in TCU Corner Verrett

Today, the Cowboys attended the pro day for TCU corner Jason Verrett. They said that he did 39.5 vertical jump. That's impressive. He did a 4.38 at the combine. I say draft him. He's a solid local kid that could be the next Orlando Scandrick. Didn't Kevin Smith have a similar performance before Dallas took him?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigDallasFan wrote:

Today, the Cowboys attended the pro day for TCU corner Jason Verrett. They said that he did 39.5 vertical jump. That's impressive. He did a 4.38 at the combine. I say draft him. He's a solid local kid that could be the next Orlando Scandrick. Didn't Kevin Smith have a similar performance before Dallas took him?

If he is there in the 2nd I would jump all over that. Even a trade back into the late 20s I would be interested. My number one corner

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:

If he is there in the 2nd I would jump all over that. Even a trade back into the late 20s I would be interested. My number one corner

Isn't he smaller and thought to be a slot CB or am I thinking of someone else?

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
JWingate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:

His best thing is man to man cover so if we do take them then we know it is what we are looking for in our DB's. Attending doesn't mean they are interested in him though. They attend just to see what players do and attending could mean sending an area scout or pro personnel scout out there.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're looking at another man cover CB, even though we currently have two of them as our starters but play in a zone scheme? Yeah, that makes plenty of sense. Rolling Eyes

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
So we're looking at another man cover CB, even though we currently have two of them as our starters but play in a zone scheme? Yeah, that makes plenty of sense. Rolling Eyes

to be fair, we used more man as the season went on, and rod came out and said he will adapt the scheme to the players. So I think its accurate to assume we will be playing more man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: